Sideshow Boba Fett 1:1 unboxing

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by StarWarrior, Mar 11, 2015.

1. StarWarrior

StarWarrior Active Member

The 1:1 Boba Fett from Sidehshow came in today, so I took numerous pictures as I unboxed ...

First the crate:

IMG_0826.JPG IMG_0827.JPG IMG_0828.JPG IMG_0829.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Next the boxes:

IMG_0840.JPG IMG_0843.JPG IMG_0837.JPG IMG_0846.JPG IMG_0849.JPG IMG_0852.JPG

Getoninja, Hairyloft and Art Andrews like this.
  2. StarWarrior

Building it up stage 1:

IMG_0853.JPG IMG_0854.JPG IMG_0855.JPG IMG_0856.JPG IMG_0860.JPG IMG_0861.JPG IMG_0863.JPG IMG_0862.JPG IMG_0865.JPG IMG_0864.JPG

3. Seeker

Seeker Well-Known Member

More! lol

4. StarWarrior

Building it up stage 2:

IMG_0866.JPG IMG_0867.JPG IMG_0868.JPG IMG_0869.JPG IMG_0870.JPG IMG_0871.JPG IMG_0872.JPG IMG_0874.JPG IMG_0873.JPG IMG_0875.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Next to my existing Han Solo in Carbonite (soon to be replaced with Sideshow version):

IMG_0876.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

I took a picture of it each time I added a piece. Can you tell what got added each frame?

Tomorrow I will take some nicely lit pictures of the finished product.

Getoninja, Art Andrews and gunnerk19 like this.
  5. matty matt

matty matt Sr Member

Congrats! Looks cool set up in your room. One thing I noticed, the shoulder armor should go over the vest sleeves, not under. Looking forward to more pics.

6. Fett 4 Real

Fett 4 Real Well-Known Member

Will the helmet not go any lower?

7. OdiWan72

OdiWan72 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Forget about the Fett...where do you live???? The few pics with the surroundings, house and the 3 or 4 (?) garages showing in the background look great ;)

Markus

8. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

Expensive toy.

9. bookface

bookface Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looks really nice! As someone mentioned above though, will the helmet not go any lower? He looks a bit like a giraffe right now.

10. Frozenintime29

Frozenintime29 New Member

Wow I want one

11. halliwax

halliwax Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

you are very lucky to own one of these awesome artifacts! looks great beside solo

12. Mullreel

Mullreel Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing and documenting the event. Looks cool.

13. Jedifyfe

Jedifyfe Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

*! Nice. To quote Ferris Bueller, "If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up, it's so choice!"

For me, I preferred to build my HIC and I look forward to building a Boba Fett someday.

Gorgeous, none the less.

14. Trooper_trent

Trooper_trent Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

awesome. I would like to see some closeups of the helmet.

15. StarWarrior

Getoninja likes this.
  16. Kroenen77

Kroenen77 Sr Member

Great piece..but the helmet must be lower on the neck.

[​IMG]

17. StarWarrior

I agree, but that is as far down as it goes. I think I may need to cut an inch off the pipe.

Pipe inside helmet:

IMG_0902.JPG

I really wish they had made the helmet more like a real helmet, and then had a head shape on the top of the torso that was on a ball joint. That way the helmet could have been more like the original Sideshow 1:1 helmet, complete with electronics and be wearable. The lifesize statue helmet does not have any electronics.

I may need to repurpose my other Boba Fett standalone helmet!

18. bookface

bookface Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yeah, definitely cut that pipe down a little, it'll improve the look loads.

19. vintageslant

vintageslant Active Member

20. mugatu

mugatu Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It looks very badass. Congratulations!

21. juajn7fernandez

juajn7fernandez Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is a quick mock-up I did in photoshop. It makes a huge difference but I think it might be a little more than just an inch. (side by side for comparison)
    IMG_0873_altered.jpg IMG_0873.JPG

Trooper_trent likes this.
  22. warrenhouck

warrenhouck Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Oh yeah, definitely cut it down. Nice theater room btw. What else ya got in there?

23. Fett 4 Real

Fett 4 Real Well-Known Member

Sideshow was required to make this a statue and not wearable in any way. Which is why the helmet is setup that way. With the helmet lowered it'll look a bit better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Trooper_trent

Trooper_trent Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yes, PLEASE cut that thing down! lol I'm glad it's just a pipe and that you don't have to saw off the top of a mannequin head!
    Start with an inch and then just start taking of a 1/4 inch at a time until it looks right.
    It will look SO much better.

25. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

dare I Ask how much it was? Sideshow stuff is incredible. but the limited availability forcing it into collector status and the huge prices means I'm not buying much of it.

26. Jedifyfe

It's a bit rude in my opinion. You can google it... Just sayin'

27. thundergod124

thundergod124 New Member

I got one of these as well and I don't think it's nearly as bad as some people are making it out to be. In fact, I'll be honest, I love it. I don't even find the neck to be *that* distracting, either. 10648817_10100622564303356_3269701024418417329_o.jpg

I played around a bit with the neck seal and pulled it up from the back to give the neck a slightly more natural angle and it seemed to help a bit. I think there's also an element of perspective at play. The fact that you, the viewer, is automatically looking up at it, therefore you're seeing up the helmet/neck a bit makes it look worse. I'm like, 5'9" to 5'10" and if I stand on my toes and am even with his eyesight line, it looks pretty accurate. Maybe I'm wrong! But that's how I see it. Don't forget, he's already pretty tall plus the base adds probably around 5 inches.

Getoninja likes this.
  28. Jedifyfe

I don't think anyone thinks it's bad (except for incredibly * Fett builders). I think the point of any contention comes from the cost of it. Personally I think it's gorgeous but I would prefer to have a costume on a mannequins that I could wear. Congrats to those who bought this though.

29. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

Hey,.......You can't tease us with one little pic.

More pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

30. GF

GF Sr Member

Congratulations! BTW your home and property looks beautiful not to mention your home theater.

31. thundergod124

thundergod124 New Member

Yea, the cost is high but I'll tell you, I don't regret spending the money. I was looking at a post by a top notch Fett builder and I think his rate was around $12,000. So I can't really complain too much. I was lucky enough to get in on it during Sideshow's "introductory" price, too.

32. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

Is the clothing material or solid like the DP??? I assume fabric but have not seen it mentioned.

33. thebeans

thebeans Active Member

The shoulder decal is ROTJ version, the helmet green looks off to me, also the shoulder armor should be outside of the vest.
    Overall i think its a good piece, but not worth the heavy price tag.It had so much potential , Never the less enjoy it in your home.

34. Jedifyfe

You can build your own Fett for about $3000 for all the parts, then find a someone to paint it for about $1000. But if your just into collecting and not building then this is good option.

Darth Voorhees likes this.
  35. thundergod124

thundergod124 New Member

I don't have many pics because I destroyed my phone and had to rely on my girlfriend to take pics. She took them right after I was done assembling, so it was before I had played around with the neck seal. Boba4.jpg Boba2.jpg Boba3.jpg

Getoninja likes this.
  36. Brent M

Brent M Sr Member

Whoever told you $12k to build one is out of their mind! I looked into having someone on The Dented Helmet do one for me and it was going to cost between $6-7k for a completely finished statue on a custom lighted base....and that's for the most accurate Fett you can possibly get.

Honestly, I was ready to pull the trigger on Sideshow's statue when they unveiled the prototype because I thought it would be a lot easier than going the DIY route and I didn't mind paying a little extra for the convenience factor, but I just can't reward SS with my money when they cut so many corners on the finished piece. Art, Tom Spina and several guys from TDH gave Sideshow everything possible to reproduce a highly accurate Fett and SS did what they always do which is to farm production out to a factory in China where no QC measures are followed.

I don't mean to rag on this statue and I don't think it's bad by any means, but for what SS is charging it should have turned out EXACTLY like the prototype and there's no excuse for the issues that are present on the finished piece.

37. Jedifyfe

Exactly, I mean how the hell do they put the ROTJ Bantha Skull on it instead of the ESB????

38. GF

GF Sr Member

Exactly and more accurate in every way, more like a real costume on a mannequin and not solid resin helmet, boots ect..

Jedifyfe likes this.
  39. jason_ehl

jason_ehl Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I picked one of these up because I wanted to stand it next to a Han in carbonate display. Ice that cake so to speak.

I can see the view point of many on here about paint finish and boba needing to do some curls or forehead smashes.

however...it took a lazy 2 hours from signing my name with fedex to pushing him against the wall...not my usual 2-3 years to do a project and get it "just right"

i think that alone has a value.

I had a MR helmet sitting in storage and pulled it today. I mounted it and think it scales a bit better than the one supplied.

Im happy with the statue and a big thanks to sideshow for making this available.

Attached Files:

thundergod124 likes this.
  40. thundergod124

thundergod124 New Member

Looks really good with the MR bucket! I vaguely recall reading somewhere the MR helmet was a little oversized compared to the film prop. Anybody know if that's true or I making things up? lol

41. matty matt

matty matt Sr Member

Did anyone take pics of the jetpack or sidearm? I'm curious how they came out.

All accuracy issues aside I'm sure this is a very impressive piece in person. Congrats to you guys who could afford it.

42. BFLV

BFLV New Member

43. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

I sure hope you guys who bought this enjoy it and do not let the various comments bother you. Personally I don't think this is the appropriate place to pick apart someone's purchase.

Picking apart a prop is fun and all, I just don't think a show off thread is the right place. This member was kind enough to post pics of this awesome purchase he is excited about and now he is hearing all the negative feedback.

Yes the helmet needs to sit lower and that's a fair suggestion but to start trashing this thing in this poor guys thread is rather obnoxious.

I'm sure another thread would be more appropriate.

I don't recall seeing so much negativity towards anoyone elses show off thread. I have seen many props I don't think much of but if someone is happy about it and just showing it off I see no reason to try and diminish their purchase.

Is it just because it cost so much??? Is that why it's okay to bash it????

If someone is showing off a new prop I think the old rule should apply that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything.

Guys I think your SS Fetts look awesome and please post more pics if you can. Congratulations and enjoy.

I would like to know what you do for a living and are there any openings???:D This whole trying to make the world a better place by teaching Special Education crap has run it's course. Time to make some money.

Again enjoy your new Fetts and I look forward to the HIC.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we see the rest of your collection?? Looks interesting behind Mr. Fett

Getoninja, MAAZ, Scott D and 2 others like this.
  44. vintageslant

vintageslant Active Member

I totally agree no one should bash someones pride and joy prop. I joined this forum to admire and enjoy such items with I thought like minded people. My comments on it's technical limitations were not intended to belittle the prop at far from it. This is a wonderful piece and I'm sure nobody would turn one done if they were offered it. Perhaps it costs a great deal of money perhaps it does not but what it does is it means a great deal to this guy who loved it and wanted to share his love of ir with us all here. Perhaps some of us were thinking about buying one and now won't. Regardless this is a members beloved new prop sit back and enjoy from a place of brotherhood and shared interest please.

45. Jedifyfe

I don't think anyone was really bashing it. It's really more like we are dumbfounded that sideshow did what they did with all the reference handed to them. Nothing wrong with that. The OP even stated he would've bought a more accurate Fett but was quoted an astronomical price. Maybe that was posted to justify the cost of this prop or maybe it was that he didn't really seek out the correct person to do the build for him. I think pointing out discrepancies is ok when the OP has admitted its not perfect.

Everyone agress its its a really nice piece, just sadly inaccurate for the high price.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  46. thundergod124

thundergod124 New Member

Jameth1971 I'll be honest: I'm a lowly retail slave who also happens to be in school working towards applying for a Master's degree. I saved everything I could, I sold stuff I no longer used (including two BEAUTIFUL Les Paul guitars. Ugh) and picked up odd jobs to afford this piece. I'm a HUUUUUUUUGE Boba Fett collector. I fact, my collection consists of probably over 600 unique pieces, so I knew I had to add this to my collection.

On a side note, Jameth1971, I appreciate your level of respect. I actually joined just so I could essentially defend the piece and those of us who purchased it because really, when you have it in front of you, it really looks awesome.

As I had said before, I destroyed my phone so I rely on my girlfriend (thank goodness she puts up with my craziness) to take pictures. If it's ok with the original thread poster (because the last thing I want to do is hijack his thread), I'll gladly take more pics tonight of the jetpack and sidearm and anything else would like to see.

MAAZ and Jedifyfe like this.
  47. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

You guys might be right. I may be overreacting. I just know one big dream of mine is the Sideshow 1/1 Terminator Endoskelton. I was real close to getting it before everything went to crap. It's my 3rd holy grail and if it ever happens all I want to here is the show off thread is how awesome it is.

It's not perfect, I am aware of the flaws but I don't care. It would be the one insanely expensive, can't believe I bought it thing, I will have before I start putting money away for the kids college.

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

A man after my own heart. I have done the same thing in the past to aquire a few expensive pieces (MR Falcon, 6ft Toys R Us Falcon, RMQ EFX Vader Helmet), that have since had to be sold. I will get it all back and add a few things. Even a big shiny thing from Sideshow that has red eyes and a nasty smile.

More pics would be awesome.

Tom

thundergod124 likes this.
  48. Brent M

Brent M Sr Member

Exactly. I've seen things picked apart and scrutinized far more heavily on this forum than what's occurred with this Boba Fett. Personally, I'm disappointed because it's a statue I had actually planned on purchasing when the prototype pics were shown off. Tom Spina and several other guys at TDH worked on this thing to give Sideshow everything they needed to make a very accurate Boba Fett statue, but SS showed once again that they care far more about money than accuracy which is a * shame because this could have been a truly GREAT piece instead of just a very nice one.

49. StarWarrior

As the OP, the comments have not offended me at all because they are all accurate.

My path to getting the Sideshow "Triptych" was as follows:

I already have a $2000 Han Solo in Carbonite that is just the carbonite and no frame or electronics. I was going to have to add a frame and electronics.

I already have a $1000 Darth Vader 1:1 bust that is awesome once I modified it so that the face, mask, and helmet all go on at the same time. I was going to have to mount it on a manaquin torso to make up the rest of his body.

I had a Boba Fett in work from a maker for about $5000.

Then sideshow released what I call the Star Wars Triptych (Darth, Hans, and Boba), and it blew me away. So I went for the set and will sell my prior pieces in the near future.

When I am done it will be set up along that burgundy wall just like this:

400111-boba-fett-011.jpg

Now that I am getting older I have more money than time, so I went for it. The Han Solo is supposed to arrive within the next month!

matty matt and Jedifyfe like this.
  50. matty matt

matty matt Sr Member

That's going to be one hell of a display!