Sideshow 1:1 Darth Vader at SDCC?...

darthwhitey

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hearing some buzz that Sideshow has debuted a certain 1:1 Dark Lord of the Sith at the SDCC...?

Also hearing that GINO has a hand in it?

Anybody got anymore details or pics?

FACT OR FICTION!! :eek:eek:eek

Gino did produce this...I watched him set this up today at SDCC. It's really great to see Sideshow reach out to some of the best experts in thr Star Wars community to help produce these lifesize replicas.

Looks like a slightly idealized ESB/RotJ hybrid

5cSiz.jpg

ScGhx.jpg

I can't believe that this isn't getting more interest here...:eek

This is a 1:1 Lifesize VADER people! :lol

I've seen threads on the helmet 100's of pages long, but nobody cares about the whole enchilada?

This is a grail piece for me for sure. Gino's track record with the eFX helmets proves (to me) that he's the man when it comes to delivering quality Vader stuff.

I've got buddies that have easily spent $5000+ on their 1:1 Vaders, with much searching and headache sourcing mannequins and getting the pose just right. This is plug-n-play baby!

Can you tell I'm stoked for this piece! :thumbsup

Of course just one geek's 2 cents

brad

It's definitely got the Rubies version from last decade beat by a country mile. I wonder if the final, commercially available version of this would be all separate components (costume, fiberglass parts, boots, etc.) or something more along the lines of the Rubies with the parts non-removable...

I've got buddies that have easily spent $5000+ on their 1:1 Vaders, with much searching and headache sourcing mannequins and getting the pose just right. This is plug-n-play baby!

brad

But isn't that the fun? Everybody can buy plug-n-play. Searching the most accurate stuff is what it's about! :)

But isn't that the fun? Everybody can buy plug-n-play. Searching the most accurate stuff is what it's about! :)

Hahaha, yeah it's sometimes fun, but also takes a great deal of time and effort. :)

If it's accurate enough, emphasis on IF, then I think this will appeal to many people that don't need to ever wear the costume too.

Thanks for those pics SWC...:thumbsup

If this thing has articulated arms and fingers too I may sell a kidney...:love

Is this really a 'prototype' or is it just one of Gino's life-size displays so Sideshow would have something to show ?

I would imagine on a production piece it would not be wearable components but built for show.

I think it's a prototype Gino helped build for Sideshow and not one of his own personal statues he's showcased here on the forum.

I can't believe that this isn't getting more interest here...:eek

This is a 1:1 Lifesize VADER people! :lol

I've seen threads on the helmet 100's of pages long, but nobody cares about the whole enchilada?

This is a grail piece for me for sure. Gino's track record with the eFX helmets proves (to me) that he's the man when it comes to delivering quality Vader stuff.

Can you tell I'm stoked for this piece! :thumbsup

Of course just one geek's 2 cents

brad

Told you bro ,just like I said in statueforum

I agree that this Vader appears to be an improvement over the Rubies version, however... is it just me, or does it look like Vader has man-boobs?

Also, it might be cool if you could replace the head with the recently released eFX version.

Gino, do you have more details on this guy?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back