Side guns on the AT AT

You are better off getting castings of finished guns than trying to replicate them.
if you want to scratch build them, use the 1:35 scale Tamiya Flakvierling

Tim

You are better off getting castings of finished guns than trying to replicate them.
if you want to scratch build them, use the 1:35 scale Tamiya Flakvierling

Tim

Why is that? It doesn't look like they did a whole heck of a lot to the gun... Do you know something I don't (wouldn't be hard ;) )

Jedi Dade

Hi There, here's my scratched sideguns, As Tim sez you need the flakverling and I used some styrene tubing in various sizes. Also some sheet in 2.5mm and 2mm for those forward sloping plate bits and a bit of milliput here and there..

IMG_0832.jpg

Cheers

Phil

One of the side Canons on the MR ATAT actually has some flipped parts. The original Canon was scanned, and partially flipped (mirrored) for the other side.

Nice ATAT model. Is that scratch-built?

Tim

Thanks guys, it's the AtAtRon that I posted up a while back...this is just a pic before I painted it.

Here's a few pics that I used for ref at the time. These are of a friend's MR. I can't find a good side on shot but I think I used that pic in the chronicals for the side view ref. I'd scan it but my scanner's busted at the moment.

Hope these help anyway. I suppose they're a bit unusual really it's not a point of view you normally see..

atat4.jpg

atat3.jpg

atat2.jpg

atat1.jpg

Cheers

Phil

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back