Shutter Island (2010)

I ordered one, will post a pic when I receive it for those that are interested!

Also, I think I found a pretty close match to the eagle seal from the top of the creds, it's not exact but Its pretty close! Its from a US civil war era enlistment document rather than anything to do with the US Marshals service. A little more digging around that era might turn up an exact match....

Finally, a really clean scanned image of the Seal used for the Marshal creds.

very nice PaulJones33(y)thumbsup
step by step the id card Edward Daniels it's accurate
very nice Eagles.

soon and bests

Caplan

With the improved screencap of the card posted, I noticed more detail in the logo. It looks as if they removed some of the periphery from the original, real USM vintage card.

LOGOS.jpg

Here is a real, vintage, USM logo cleaned up a little and with some elements removed to more resemble the screen used one.

CleanedUpPropLogocopy.jpg

Here is is, juggled a bit and applied to Caplan's sampler.

ShutterIslandCard.jpg

Last edited:
Good work eltee, but I'm not seeing the stars in the original prop photo but until a clearer image of the original prop is available I'd say you're as close as any.:confused

Nice clean up job eltee. Looks good. I am also not sure it matches exactly to the one in the movie. I agree with Darth Mawr, until we get a better original image we wont be sure.

Still looks awesome.

Best,
DBCooper

With the improved screencap of the card posted, I noticed more detail in the logo. It looks as if they removed some of the periphery from the original, real USM vintage card.

LOGOS.jpg

Here is a real, vintage, USM logo cleaned up a little and with some elements removed to more resemble the screen used one.

CleanedUpPropLogocopy.jpg

Here is is, juggled a bit and applied to Caplan's sampler.

ShutterIslandCard.jpg

look t's nice Eltee:thumbsup
step by step guys, I search again the accurate "seal" of old US Marshal .
but for me it's no "seal" Marshal, but other....why.

but Eltee your modifications it's nice.

the first "seal" posted by PaulJones33 the tete of eagle and on the right, for me it's nice piste ( but the defiinition it's little )
on the movie scennshots the tete of eagle in the right " nice piste"

bests

Caplan

Last edited:
Here is the same shot posted by Caplan and eltee but I've manipulated the photo by rotating, stretching and adjusting the angle to give us more of a straight on view and in my opinion.............(wait for it)...............it does nothing to help.:lol

(Edit) The pic has disappeared from the server so I will try again.

attachment.php

Last edited:
DivineHeresy is it just missing or a red X? I'm looking at the pic in my post and your post while I write this in the Quick Reply below so it may just be you.

(Edit) Well, it's missing for me now. I'll repost it and see if it works.

Last edited:
nice :thumbsup rotating Darth,

for me the logo it's Eagle for the Sheriff old West, with stamp letter... and the Eagle the tete on the right.
hum!! but no for the US Marshal in 1950, for the time the modifications by Eltee it's good...I search

nice again

bests

Caplan

DivineHeresy is it just missing or a red X? I'm looking at the pic in my post and your post while I write this in the Quick Reply below so it may just be you.

(Edit) Well, it's missing for me now. I'll repost it and see if it works.

It seems OK now :)
Great capture btw.
Thanks for sharing.

Neil

What do you think, is this eagle getting closer guys?
Also, got my USM badge in today so I thought I'd post a pic of it and how my take on the set came out. I'm not 100% happy with it but it will do!
Big thanks to all who took part in this and made it possible to make one of these up !! :thumbsup

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the image of that you did pauljones33. Your I.D. looks great and I'm envious of your badge.

Your posting of the eagle image got me to looking again for something and I'm convinced that we are looking for something like this:

attachment.php

nice badge Paul:thumbsup and nice work with your id version. very great new logo...very very nice.

Darth the tete of Eagle it's right, no left.

but you new logo it's good.
the new logo of Paul it's very nice with the modifications by the graphist for the movie
the new logo of Paul it is the accurate logo.

after my vacations I worked the new version of id card.

bests

Caplan

Last edited:
Caplan, you are right about the mouth. I've been reworking the image I posted and this is where I'm at now. I think it's much closer.

attachment.php

nice work, just the shield it's not ' obliqued "
and the District it's AMERICA
district here nice position on the true card

you look your rotating pic my friend
but nice work again

Caplan.

Nice work on the eagle DM, that's probably as close as we're going to get without an original! I am going to rework my cred set as I think mine is too small anyway.

Caplan, you are right about the mouth. I've been reworking the image I posted and this is where I'm at now. I think it's much closer.

One more time, I've rotated the eagle a little and moved the word District some to the left under America to match the screen grab a little more.

attachment.php

I must admit that I'm only understanding about 70-80% of what your saying Caplan but I think you're saying that the shield is not scalloped along the top. So I'm posting an alternative eagle and shield. What does everyone think it is, the posted just above or the one I'm just now posting?

attachment.php

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back