Shrinking AVP Hands

Blade Carbonics

Just got some AVP hands in today - I knew they were big, but had no idea they were THIS big.

My question is:

Through use of heat, removing sections, etc. - Does anyone know of a way to shrink these latex hands down? I thought of maybe heating them up with a heat gun to shrink them down but im just not sure if it will work. Any ideas?

Cheers

Just got some AVP hands in today - I knew they were big, but had no idea they were THIS big.

My question is:

Through use of heat, removing sections, etc. - Does anyone know of a way to shrink these latex hands down? I thought of maybe heating them up with a heat gun to shrink them down but im just not sure if it will work. Any ideas?

Cheers

Check with Usurper, I think he has a tutorial on making big AVP hands smaller.

I did do something on the old lair, when i got sent some gorilla pred gloves.

Ill have a search and try find it.

Baically i had to cut up the seam lines and remove sections, then glue them back together and latex the inside of the seams again.

They are still holding up well today , i think esdain has them now.

I used superglue , but as i said i coverd the seam with latex inside and carefully outside i think, there maybe a better glue for this, but i was happy with the superglues performance.

Sorry i cannot find the thred where i did this

Contact cement or barge cement is good. Super glue at a pinch but it isn't good on flexible surfaces...Lee had the right idea when he used that, he use latex to re patch the seams.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back