Show me your studios

Suck on this!
fmbuild2.jpg

Since I lost my studio I'm back to where I began as a kid, the kitchen table! As I was rather used to my perfectly suited studio this sucks big time...

Cheers,
Steve

That is an impressive collection of model kits. Mine is nowhere near as impressive given it's just a corner of my bedroom. All the heavy tools are in the basement shop area.
At some point my game system collection and entertainment center will replace it all.
DSCN0914.jpg

DSCN0918.jpg

DSCN0919.jpg

I also have stuff stored in the closet but I think that's going to be getting a cleaning.

You all suck ....

Unfortunately, organization is not one of my strong points.

My current workshop is full of a 1:1 x.wing, but here is my desk at ILM circa 1986 -

http://www.cryogenesys.com/ilm/ilm_011.jpg

Extra points if you name the prototype model in the image

I'll get some good shots of my current workshop this weekend.

It's pretty small but it does offer the unique benefit of not having to stop building when nature calls.

:lol

My current workshop is full of a 1:1 x.wing,

Pics or it didn't happen! :)

Extra points if you name the prototype model in the image

Isn't that the thing they're now calling some sort of gunship? Dornean gunship? (Whoever the "Dorneans" were, lol.) IIRC a friend of mine was the first guy to spot it in the film - seems it has attracted a kind of following since he posted caps of it.

I'll get some good shots of my current workshop this weekend.

Yes please!

At first glance, I thought this was a Starbucks.

It looks so cozy there.

cozy? lol
not quite . unfinished basement, fairly cool in the winters, cold concrete, dust (servers as work bench for other home projects too). think you're likely feeling the cherry veneer on the knock-down module furniture along with the auto-camera-setting provided more reds than actual

2066484976_2f97f73dff.jpg
:lol

Pics or it didn't happen! :)

Isn't that the thing they're now calling some sort of gunship? Dornean gunship? (Whoever the "Dorneans" were, lol.) IIRC a friend of mine was the first guy to spot it in the film - seems it has attracted a kind of following since he posted caps of it.

The prototype was for a movie released in 1985. Now that I think about it, I actually don't think anyone has tackled doing the models from this film, either in Studio Scale or otherwise. Wait, I just did a search and see Randy Cooper made one, but not the ship that this prototype is for.

"Studio" is a loose term for me, spread out over my home and office!! I have a large display of my work in my lab at my office, but also have the tools I use in my business at my disposal as well! At home, all of my airbrush work, sanding, drilling, etc; are done on my garage bench area, and assembly work is done in my walk-in closet space in my house!! I have a stand-up attic for kit storage, but I've thinned my collection down to a few hundred kits. I was blown away by some of your studios, and the amount of kits a few of you have are incredible!!!!
016-1.jpg

038.jpg

403.jpg

If you ask my wife where I am this is usually where I spend most of my time at home. Nothing real fancy after reading this thread I cleaned up a bit and organized. It needed done.. I have about five rooms in my basement and the previous owner had most of this setup as his shop.. I added some fresh paint another bench and it does the job.. Love the bathroom shop if the bathroom was not two doors down I would consider putting in a toilet..
The fourth picture I got the idea "fine scale modeler mag".. If you want to pick up your work and move to another spot this little organizer is nice...I have enjoyed looking at other's work space..

shop1.jpg
[/IMG]

shop2.jpg
[/IMG]

shop3.jpg
[/IMG]

shop4.jpg
[/IMG]

man you guys have some sweet setups as far as work space I have a unfinished basement that I do my gun smithing in going to try and move out of the house this year and move both of my companies to a larger building. I hate having people come over.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back