Show me your Jedi training remotes!

I have a Frank Cerney rotocast resin kit I bought recently that I'm considering selling due to lack of time. It's a first generation cast from the molds used to create the remote for Fanboys. I only know this because when I purchased it Frank reached out to me to give me more info on it. It's a beautiful kit. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

I'm surprised there aren't more resin kits available these days. From what I've seen, the only kits available are Trent's, and 3D print files. Am I wrong?
I make castings of some of the kits. I don't do the chrome truck wheels, but do use two sided molds and cast them under pressure. It takes a while to put together a full set as I only have one Panther G and I only make them when I am pouring other things and have resin left over. Since these pictures were taken I have also done the Airfix Panzer IV (*corrected, thanks Lichtbringer) and Hasegawa Sherman parts.

DSC08087.JPG

Last edited:
Since it's the the right time of year, what size Christmas ornament would I buy to make one of these? 6, 8, or other inch diameter?

You'll want/need the Plastruct one. It actually has the top circular mold feature that is on the original that you'll drill holes into if want to have a true replica.

Dan

Thanks. I'm actually just getting something cheap from the dollar store and making a "close enough" version. It probably will be more "inspired by" than anything remotely (no pun intended) accurate. A few years ago I bought a chrome ornament for use as a Phantasm style sphere. When I'm done I guess I can put both my balls on display. Wait... That sounded very wrong.

Here's one of the prototypes of the Master Replicas "Jedi Training Remote".
Next to my "Luke Skywalker Return of The Jedi SW-102" #2498/2500, also by Master Replicas.

Jedi Training Remote -1.jpg

Better view of the lightsaber, and without flash.

Jedi Training Remote -2.jpg

These are some of my very few and favorite Star Wars collectibles. If anyone would like some more photos of the prototype, just ask. :)

Edit: I really need a display case for my Training Remote. Would love to have one in the same style as the Lightsaber hilt's box; with a mirror as a base, wooden frame, and plexiglass (or actual glass) cupola. I may make the base myself, if there aren't such display boxes for sale elsewhere. Anyone have any tips?

Last edited:
For the MASTER REPLICA remotes....get this part and update your sphere!! What's on the MR remote is wrong,...I should know.
I made it. hhaha ( My old original rotocast kit, was used as referenced for that master, long boring story.)

Attachments

• Bracket2.jpg
    Bracket2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 98
  • MR remote GUN.jpg
    MR remote GUN.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
No.
Get the plastruct 6 inch 1/2 sphere. Hint You will need TWO.
Umm... Thanks? Honestly, my goal is to make something that's instantly identifiable as a training remote, even if it's not 100% accurate. That, and I'm trying to keep the build as cheap as possible, so that rules out ordering things online (not that I would do that anyway), kits, and cast or 3-D printed parts.

Umm... Thanks? Honestly, my goal is to make something that's instantly identifiable as a training remote, even if it's not 100% accurate. That, and I'm trying to keep the build as cheap as possible, so that rules out ordering things online (not that I would do that anyway), kits, and cast or 3-D printed parts.

Oh..Sorry!

I miss read your intent. If you are doing that...then yeah go for it!

Greg Jein once told me, "its ALL BS and YOUR BS is JUST as good as ANYONE else's!"

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back