Should I get this LOTR prop?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Gasparddm

Hey everyone. The comic book store next to my house is selling a LOTR Sauron Gauntlet with the one ring, by United Cutlery I believe. Its a very nice prop and rare too I believe. They're selling it for a price of 560 dollars, which isn't bad. What do you guys think? Should I get it? Thanks! Awaiting your replies!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ob1al

Sr Member
I thik anything Middle Earth, of good quality, will have a serious resurgence in the market-place with the release of the new movies. Now's a good time to buy before prices inflate. If you like it and can afford it, get it.

jedimarkj

I agree with obi1al, the prices for LOTR replicas will likely go up once The Hobbit films come out so if you can afford it, buy it.
The Sauron gauntlet is a great piece but it lacks proper articulation which is kind of disappointing.
The price for these fluctuates as they sometimes appear on eBay for ad low as $300...

jedimarkj

Yeah, the articulation in the fingers is really quite stiff. I can't grip/hold something (say a a heavy mace) or make a fist for example...
Still, quite a great piece.
I was surprised at how heavy and big it was when I first received mine.

PHArchivist

Master Member
Yeah, the articulation in the fingers is really quite stiff. I can't grip/hold something (say a a heavy mace) or make a fist for example...
Still, quite a great piece.
I was surprised at how heavy and big it was when I first received mine.

Yeah... More of display piece.

I got mine years ago for about $250 - $300. I like it.

Kit Rae

The UC version was a display piece, not intended to be worn and used, but as someone who handled the Weta prop, I can say the articulation was the same on the UC version. Neither fit the hand very well.

My UC replica actually has more articulation, so I'm assuming Windlass (the manufacturer) was not consistent if some are tighter than others.

JBReplicas

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
these must be massive as i saw the full Sauron armour on display at the Natural History Museum about 8 years ago and I think it was about 8ft tall, maybe more?

JasonCash

I used to sell these when I ran a knife store. The only problem we had with these were with the first batch of them that was release the bell glass had a lot of bubbles, they fixed it after the first release. Other than that it was my favorite piece from the LOTR line.