Sensor controlled Spider-Man mechanical/moving lenses

Hi, That's amazing work. I'm trying to do the same with a toy mask but I have no electronics knowledge! Do you have a circuit diagram and a code you'd be willing to post please?

The code and electronics are minimal...

Its the 3D printed design for the moving parts that is the 'key' here...

Really? To be honest it's all quite complicated!

I've seen another project using a similar mask but I would rather activate the eyelids with an IR sensor rather than controlling it with Bluetooth:

This is the mask I have taken apart:

Seems that moving the upper eyelids will move the lower. So I was thinking 2 servos would do that.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Oh I don't have a 3D printer. Lol

Attachments

• 20191231_163421.jpg
    20191231_163421.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 482
IR and servo code is very basic.. and what I'd consider an introductory tutorial to anyone getting into the 'Arduino' world.

The difficult portions (IMHO at least) would be:

* where/how to mount the servo(s).. as each mask/eye kit is different.
* getting a decent 'eye kit' (resin printed or cast).. for production

That being said..

maybe you want to start your own thread on creating your own or getting help on creating your own? So you dont highjack the OP's WIP thread..

wow great work friend, I am also working on that, but I do not use 4 servos, I only use 2 and 2 gears 2 (they are 2 gears on each side of the black parts that close) close more than your mask, I recommend That, the truth is that I would like you to help me since I do not have much knowledge in electronics, just and used a button to activate the mechanism, but I want to use sensors, maybe with this recommendation it will make it easier, since you only need to connect 2 servos and 2 sensors in the Arduino nano, so you save the need to design another circuit, I just need help in knowing how to program the servos with the sensors

wow great work friend, I am also working on that, but I do not use 4 servos, I only use 2 and 2 gears 2 (they are 2 gears on each side of the black parts that close) close more than your mask, I recommend That, the truth is that I would like you to help me since I do not have much knowledge in electronics, just and used a button to activate the mechanism, but I want to use sensors, maybe with this recommendation it will make it easier, since you only need to connect 2 servos and 2 sensors in the Arduino nano, so you save the need to design another circuit, I just need help in knowing how to program the servos with the sensors

I would love to see the design of your gears as I can't actually use this toy mask with a fabric mask on top.

As suggested by xl97 I have started my own thread you might find useful.

my setup only uses the 2 servo's and its funny you say that as after speaking to other spidey's around november last year ive been working on a mark2 mask using gears instead.

for programming literally any arduino servo tutorial will do, the arduino IDE comes with a sweep template you can edit

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back