See how the Pros do it!

japgoth

Hi Guys, I know that this is not going to be pred related.

But after a intresting trip down to Dr Who show room in Cardiff, ive managed to get some pictures of the process that they do for the show.
I think that this was done by Niel Gorton.

It was intresting to see what they use, and how they did it.
Most of the mask are made from foam latex (did poke a few of them to see what they made from :) )

SH100074.jpg

Clay that was used was WED Clay.

SH100075.jpg

Supposedly they used plaster bandages to create the mold line?

SH100076.jpg

Molding unkown but does used fiberglass. It look like its resin of some sort may be Aquaresin or Jesmonite

SH100077.jpg

as i saw the tin of fire lighter fluid and after bugging the studio in the uk... its not PAX paint! so it has to be either rubber cement mix or silicon tint.

SH100074.jpg

SH100075.jpg

SH100076.jpg

SH100077.jpg

Been in Cardiff last year since we were doing the Pembrokshire coast path, and had a day to spare before leaving for home. Wasn't too much into the making of business, but none the less it was great to see the level of detail and how stuff has been done over the past few years.

This looks even better :)

Been in Cardiff last year since we were doing the Pembrokshire coast path, and had a day to spare before leaving for home. Wasn't too much into the making of business, but none the less it was great to see the level of detail and how stuff has been done over the past few years.

This looks even better :)

This was the first time i went down there to see it... even that i just live down the road!!! lol.
Well my GF/wife went down there last year and she said that they changed a lot compared to the year before, with a lot of new stuff.
I suspect that they change/swap with the other Doctor Who show rooms.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back