Second Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver

Hello all, Ive recently been working on a project with Lee Moone who we all know discovered the majority of the the Second Doctor sonics and found the accurate War games penlight so how this all started was I contacted Lee on instagram as he was just starting out and I had a few questions to ask him and I we started to talk about The Dominators and we spoke about the sonic screwdriver used within that episode so I showed him the version of The Dominators sonic I made during the COVID 19 lockdown I had 13Doctorwho help me model it

IMG_4810.jpeg
IMG_4808.jpeg

Here is some images of that dominators handle I designed quite the chunky beast it is lol but then I got in contact with the great man himself Lee Moone!

So after Lee and I started chatting Lee revealed that he also thought that The Dominators sonic had a different look to the one another fan had designed. That design didn’t make to much sense to us as what was seen on the screen and it certainly didnt look "1960's", so after pooling our ideas together and throwing in some previous reasearch Lee had made into what the prop could have been, we came up with this design

IMG_5737.jpeg
IMG_3672.jpeg

Lee Moone and James Kieboom Dominators sonic screwdriver.

Dommu  copy.jpg

Also just gonna leave this here as a spoiler

Cheers James

Hello all, Ive recently been working on a project with Lee Moone who we all know discovered the majority of the the Second Doctor sonics and found the accurate War games penlight so how this all started was I contacted Lee on instagram as he was just starting out and I had a few questions to ask him and I we started to talk about The Dominators and we spoke about the sonic screwdriver used within that episode so I showed him the version of The Dominators sonic I made during the COVID 19 lockdown I had 13Doctorwho help me model it

View attachment 1363090 View attachment 1363091
Here is some images of that dominators handle I designed quite the chunky beast it is lol but then I got in contact with the great man himself Lee Moone!

So after Lee and I started chatting Lee revealed that he also thought that The Dominators sonic had a different look to the one another fan had designed. That design didn’t make to much sense to us as what was seen on the screen and it certainly didnt look "1960's", so after pooling our ideas together and throwing in some previous reasearch Lee had made into what the prop could have been, we came up with this design

View attachment 1363092 View attachment 1363093
Lee Moone and James Kieboom Dominators sonic screwdriver.

View attachment 1363094
Also just gonna leave this here as a spoiler

Cheers James
Here is just a little update I just made to both of The dominators handles in my collection quickly I cut a 30-35 degree angle in the barrel top section it depends which handle position ur thinking of lol but they both got the same. Treatment and I think it looks rather better It had to be done by hand as my model on Sketch up is lost after it recently updated so the file. That my 3d printer contains is the only version now which isn't such a big deal but rather an annoyance so ill have to cut a 30-35 degree in it by hand all the time now.

But here are some images of the updated section.
handle update .jpg

A side by side of the screen cap next to the cut I made in the handle my penlight was sticking out a little too far in this shot but you get the idea

IMG_5960.jpeg
IMG_5961.jpeg
IMG_5959.jpeg

here is a just a few different angles shots of the notch out the back/fronts of the handle been taken out

IMG_5949.jpeg
IMG_5955.jpeg

Both variants chilling in my hand on the left we've got the frontwards handle variant with the backwards handle variant on the right.

I hope you enjoyed the little update and any feedback is much appreciated.

It reminds me of some of the children's toy guns of the period. Like the ones with the long leaver trigger that make sparks and vroom noises when you pull it.
well that's what the idea of the design to be honest just exploring google and looking at toy guns and coming up with a design that was matching what we saw on screen and what was the closest looking toy gun

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back