Seams

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Darth Domain, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Darth Domain

Darth Domain Well-Known Member

The FX armor i have was put together quite rushed with seams coming apart etc. I was contemplating a more " permanent" solution such as rivetting all the seams together then painting the rivet heads white so not so noticable. Do troopers think this is an acceptable method as opposed to glue/velcro.
    Thanks

2. geordietrooper

geordietrooper Well-Known Member

personally i'd avoid rivets for seams & use abs glue or industrial velcro :)

rob woz ear

3. Darth Domain

<div class='quotetop'>(geordietrooper @ Jun 19 2006, 01:38 PM) [snapback]1263927[/snapback]</div>
    Is industrial strenght velcro the same as high strenght or not, also, is industrial strnght usually available in DIY stores or do any UK guys where i should be looking
    Cheers

4. geordietrooper

geordietrooper Well-Known Member

you can get indusrial velcro at john lewis or b&q :)

5. Darth Domain

<div class='quotetop'>(geordietrooper @ Jun 19 2006, 07:45 PM) [snapback]1264054[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks chap :thumbsup

6. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Sr Member

The velcro that comes with the FX kit is not strong enough. I've put two kits together using industrial strength sticky back velcro and have never had a problem with them coming apart.

7. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

Add a bead of crazy glue to the edges of the velcro after applying it. Problem solved.

8. Darth Domain

once again thanks, i had someone go look in B&Q today for ind strenght velcro to give me an idea of price