Sculpting A Classic ( Mold Complete)

Just got the silicone in. Ill be molding this within the week Just need a few more things like gloves and maybe a few 2" brushes. So ready to start the mold too! :)

Started the mold last night!

I had a bit of trial and error for the first layer as I was using Acel-T for the first time! :/
After I made my last mold and had an extensive wait time per layer I decided to try some accelerator. Well...upon adding not even 1% on top of the extra heat from cooking dinner, the 200g I mixed up cured before I could even finish mixing it! Oops

Mixed up another batch without any Acel-T and applied the beauty coat!

And here is the first layer looking quite beautiful! Lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It does have a candy apple look to it! wonder how it tastes!!! lol

I appreciate it fellas! I'll show some later stages this evening!

Had another batch cure too fast! This time I used 3G of accelerator to 600g of silicone!
That proved to be too much still. So 600g down the drain! oh well.

I feel a bit more comfortable with the Acel-T now though!

Well, the mold is complete. Didn't get a chance to snap some pics of earlier stages but here it is! I know it's not much to look at but anyways, here are some pics! Crappy pics since I snapped them before work this morning. Lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

First coat of "Rondo" applied! I used quite a bit of Vaseline so there were quite a few spots that didn't take to it but it has since been fixed with a second layer!

It's also a bit cold here so I thought cure time might be delayed but it is curing pretty quick actually!

Stay tuned

image.jpg

image.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back