screencap request - new VW commercials

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
ok..

i love these commercials. i really do.

the best thing about these (besides the main guy), has got to be the "switch" he has. he has this sheer joy look when he hits it. since i will never own a VW, this switch will be the closest to VW joy i will have.

the only other prop I saw that had the same effect of "HAHAHAH CRAP GOTTA OWN IT" had to be the "Magic Server Fixing Pixie Dust" from IBM a few years ago (and its still on my shelf). the "universal adapter" was cool, but the egg was just a lot easier to make ;) .

i cant find these commercials to dload, so if someone can cap the button switch, id appreciate it. chances are i can find the same make/model if not one really close.

chris

You talking about the commercials with Peter Stormare ("Fargo", "The Lost World", "The Brothers Grimm", etc.)?

I can't help you, but I do agree those are some of the best commercials in quite a while. Right up there with the Robert Loggia "Florida Orange Juice" commercials from years back. Unfortunately, they will probably go over a lot of people's heads and not last too long, just like the Loggia commercial.

You can just pause the video and use the print screen button on your keyboard and then paste it into a photo editing program. At least that's how I got the cap for my avatar.

Here is the link to the thread SurferGeek posted with links to the videos: VW commercials

In the three commercials, he uses three different control boxes. I assume you are talking abou the pendant style conrtol box in the commercial where they drop the container on the 'lame'. If so, then this is a mushroom switch. I would have to get a screencap also to tell you the exact size (but I have no idea how to do screencaps). Anyways, hope this helps.

thanks nexus.

and yes, those are the commercials. i didnt pay very close attention though. now i gotta decide which of the 3 to actually replicate...

ill work something out :D

chris

Man. that switch would rule. I got on my own roll a couple weeks ago for VW commercial porps, but it was my first attempt at scupting and I kinda gave up (too busy with other stuff...dangit) anyways here's a bad attempt at a FAST.

keep us posted on that switch, I crack up at those commercials and it might be fun addition.

It's a red Emergency Stop button. Aside from the commercials being funny as hell, I laugh whenever I see him push that button- it's for STOPPING a machine in an emergency......not STARTING it. :lol

The kind he used in the "You got a F./LAME/Dropped it like it's hawt" commercial, was the type you see hanging from the ceiling in a warehouse or factory, when someone (in a movie) reaches up and pushes something on it. The button STAYS down when you press it, shutting everything off- especially if somebody just lost a finger- and you have to turn it to release it.

There's one, if not two, on every machine at work. I made the glowing eye on my custom Mando bucket out of an old illuminated one.

Now if Ford would only stop those REALLY LAME "Beep Beep." commercials. :rolleyes

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back