Screen Used Hammer (Mjolnir) from Thor: The Dark World

Thor’s hammer (Mjolnir) used by Chris Hemsworth in Thor: The Dark World.

This is truly an awesome prop, and one of my all-time favorites. There were many Mjolnirs made for different purposes. Some were made to be easily held while at rest, others to throw, and there are heavy (about 14 lbs) ones that are meant to make Chris' arm muscles visibly flex on camera as he wields it. There are also some that are bendable and even "throwing "hammers with no head (which was added in post).

The reason I claim this one is screen used is because the on-set source specifically said it was. I doubt it can be screen matched, though.

The head of this particular hammer is made of dense foam rubber. The top is inscribed with ancient runes, while the edges feature intricate Nordic knotwork design. It is painted and weathered to resemble hardened steel. The handle is made of solid material wrapped in firm rubber painted to simulate leather, with raised decorative silver chevrons which also serve to improve grip. A stitched leather strap is attached to the pommel which features more Nordic design. While showing light wear from heavy use while filming, it remains in excellent condition.

View attachment 1336310

View attachment 1336311
I have one of the resin hero hammers in my collection . Upgraded from the stunt

Thor’s hammer (Mjolnir) used by Chris Hemsworth in Thor: The Dark World.

This is truly an awesome prop, and one of my all-time favorites. There were many Mjolnirs made for different purposes. Some were made to be easily held while at rest, others to throw, and there are heavy (about 14 lbs) ones that are meant to make Chris' arm muscles visibly flex on camera as he wields it. There are also some that are bendable and even "throwing "hammers with no head (which was added in post).

The reason I claim this one is screen used is because the on-set source specifically said it was. I doubt it can be screen matched, though.

The head of this particular hammer is made of dense foam rubber. The top is inscribed with ancient runes, while the edges feature intricate Nordic knotwork design. It is painted and weathered to resemble hardened steel. The handle is made of solid material wrapped in firm rubber painted to simulate leather, with raised decorative silver chevrons which also serve to improve grip. A stitched leather strap is attached to the pommel which features more Nordic design. While showing light wear from heavy use while filming, it remains in excellent condition.

View attachment 1336310

View attachment 1336311
I have a hero resin version in my collection :) upgraded from the stunt

It's supposed to be at Icons of Darkness, a new pop-up attraction right by the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood. I haven't been there--all I know is that I loaned it to Rich Correll for his venture, lol.

iconsofdarkness.com
Cool. I'm going to check out that museum later this month. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the hammer ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back