Screen used Batman Forever Sonar armor

drftfan

Sr Member
I didn't show this off too much in the year and a half that I have owned it. But was taking pictures yesterday for documentation as well as making a digital version for prosperity and I realized I am going to miss having this in my collection.
I obtained it through a private person. I considered putting it in an auction but with how many Schumacher items that have come up for sale lately I decided to let it go to a private individual. Also buyer beware... I have seen two Sonar related items that have come up for sale that are fan made. If you are considering anything in the Batman world send me a message and I can help authenticate it for you.
Either way here are some pics of the torso itself prior to my boxing it up.

IMG_6468.JPG
IMG_6355.JPG
IMG_6390.JPG

Jamie knows his stuff. Can't go wrong reaching out, guys.
I appreciate that. One of the pieces that recently sold the guy could care less about the fact that the sculpt is wrong. Because he is getting a COA with it then it is "good enough" and doubts the seller would sell something that is "fake". The company that sold it probably has no idea it isn't a real piece.

I appreciate that. One of the pieces that recently sold the guy could care less about the fact that the sculpt is wrong. Because he is getting a COA with it then it is "good enough" and doubts the seller would sell something that is "fake". The company that sold it probably has no idea it isn't a real piece.
It's like I said on Instagram, a big company is never wrong, right? :lol:

But, for real. Just keep pointing people to what's real and what to look for. Eventually people will catch on and the guy won't get a return investment when he goes to resell it. If he were smart he'd do his research and a quick Google search will lead him here and show that even the big name auction houses make mistakes... A lot and coa's really don't mean anything without more backing it. Dude, there's a guy on eBay selling recasts of replicas with signed coa's saying they're copies of the original props. But, hey. eBay is a big name, too hahaha

I tried to let the buyer of this cowl know their are obvious differences in it vs what was seen on screen and public exhibits. He simply doesn’t care. My guess is he is looking to sell it down the road so anything that could cast doubts would diminish any perceived value. 000B1B92-080A-4C42-9425-CD37D4949DA6.jpeg

I'm not surprised knowing who the new owner is and how he is, Interested to see if Tom Spina would be able to tell its authenticity as he is currently restoring it

I'm not surprised knowing who the new owner is and how he is, Interested to see if Tom Spina would be able to tell its authenticity as he is currently restoring it
Yeah thats what I gathered as well. I haven't seen anyone being so cavalier about buying something of questionable providence.

The guy is definitely a tool. He MADE the cowl for Titans silhouette Batman from season 1. By made I mean he copied a copy of a copy of the Jose Fernandez cowl and passed it of as "I made this prop. Wanna buy a copy? It's literally from the Titans mold!"

Grade A tool.

The guy is definitely a tool. He MADE the cowl for Titans silhouette Batman from season 1. By made I mean he copied a copy of a copy of the Jose Fernandez cowl and passed it of as "I made this prop. Wanna buy a copy? It's literally from the Titans mold!"

Grade A tool.
yes i do remember when that whole debacle happened, the mask was too small for the actor and was at best a c grade flawed cowl

yes i do remember when that whole debacle happened, the mask was too small for the actor and was at best a c grade flawed cowl
I will have an opportunity to inspect this exact cowl in question next week. If it all works out I will report my findings. Not sure if the owner who has it now would have any grounds for retribution if all assumptions are correct. But exactly what I expected to happen did. As soon as he got it he flipped it even with the questions about authenticity.

I will have an opportunity to inspect this exact cowl in question next week. If it all works out I will report my findings. Not sure if the owner who has it now would have any grounds for retribution if all assumptions are correct. But exactly what I expected to happen did. As soon as he got it he flipped it even with the questions about authenticity.
I’ve seen him do that at least half a dozen times now with screen used props. Posts them on social media and the next day they’re up for sale. Glad to hear your getting a chance to inspect it, I forgot about that cowl till I was re going through some of the other lots from that auction. I’ll be curious to hear what your findings are.

I’ve seen him do that at least half a dozen times now with screen used props. Posts them on social media and the next day they’re up for sale. Glad to hear your getting a chance to inspect it, I forgot about that cowl till I was re going through some of the other lots from that auction. I’ll be curious to hear what your findings are.
Well some interesting things are in the works. And I didn't even have to be involved.
I was not surprised to find out it wasn't the first time they sold something as screen used when flat out knowing it wasn't.
Right about now I would be changing my name if I were them... because everyone knows who they are and now to avoid them.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back