Interest Screen Accurate Back to the Future 2 Marty's 2015 Jacket Belt and Cuffs

Hey, gang, sorry for the radio silence. Between my job and my girlfriend life has been BUSY! But things are finally starting to calm down again. I will be sending individual PMs to the whole list this week to see who is still in and whose out, and will still be gauging interest.

I'm excited to finally get some time to work on this because this has been the project that I think about while I'm toiling away at my desk at work. haha

I'll start updating this thread as there are developments, or every two weeks, whichever is sooner.

-Nick

Awesome.

Just to keep you guys in the loop, (I said I'd be posting an update at least once every two weeks) I'm currently working on some materials tests to see whether or not my idea of including "pass throughs" in the bel and cuffs would work or if it would weaken the material too much.

I'll keep plugging away on these.

-Nick

I am curious about this as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I made a breakthrough as to where they sourced the original cuffs. I was riding in my friend's Honda Civic and put my seatbelt on and immediately recognized it.
13606439_10207213699688863_4596510451978376819_n.jpg

Hey gang so shortly after I was last seen on the board, I was contacted by a recruiter and thus began a whirlwind of interviews that took over my life. I landed one of the jobs I interviewed for, moved out of state, and had to temporarily put my nerd stuff in storage until I can move it more safely.

This will be the first project I tackle once I move my nerd stuff in with me, but for now it's paused.

-Nick

You know, I was just staring at my 3D printed parts for this yesterday thinking about getting the ball rolling again.

Let me place an order with Smooth-On and see where things go.

-Nick

Keep us posted. Also if you could sell a kit for less than $100 that would be amazing.

Making slow but steady progress. Mostly experimenting at the moment with different techniques to embed webbing into the belt/cuff. But I'm hoping to have something worth looking at in June sometime.

Hey TheNickFox , I haven't been on here so much over the last few months/years, but I do still want accurate parts for my jacket, did the project ever progress? Hope all is well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back