Scratch Star Destroyer from Cardboard

Idaho Jones

So I had been admiring the scratch built Star Destroyer builds here and had some scrap cardboard I'd been saving, so. I had to have a crack at it. I shared a progress pic in the OT, but I’ve finished it up, so I thought I'd share here.

It's 11” x 6.5”. I stared off with some inaccurate plans and I was just winging it, because it was just for fun. I sealed the cardboard with a few washes of thinned Elmer's glue and hit it with a coat of grey primer. My daughters also donated some beads from one of there craft kits for the super-structure.

I stopped adding detail like the bottom dome and the 4 aux engines because I started on a big brother. I think I found some better reference plans to use. If you have some better one that would be great, this set doesn't have the bottom.

Great ship, I love card as a material. Strong, flexible, easy to cut and FREE. Add in emulsion paint and you can build anything, in fact that gives me an idea........

Thanks for the complements. Here an update on the larger scale model. I've been working on the superstructure. At this point I'm not happy with the angle on the back of the neck, Ill have to rework it. Starting to think about how I'm going to address the greebles.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back