Scratch Built Rocketeer suit (Full scale and Child sized)

So obviously Halloween 2014 has come and passed, and I didnt really show the end result, i took a job trucking and it took a lot of my time from home and I had to just do the best I could with my son's costume. My costume wasnt finished in time, so I didnt get to dress up. However over the past few days I took my kit back out from storage and I'm finalizing the details as we speak.

Here's a few pic's of my son in his costume:

He was so excited, he wanted to wear it even when he did his homework:

So now that his was out of the way for the most part, as I mentioned, i pulled my helmet out of storage a few days back and I'm in the process of finishing it up:

I've added the weld beads:

Theeeeeeen I got ahead of myself and put on a coat of gold....before I sculpted the vents, and the rivets around the eye's...I hate when I do that.

Will post more soon.

I played around with a bronze paint I had in storage, I know its too dark, compared to the original helmet, but...I kind of like it....and I kinda dont. What do you guys think?

Thank you sir! I have a friend in California casting it as we speak. I was too scared to do it myself. Here is a pic of it being molded, and the first cast pulled:

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back