Scratch build attempting to make my first predator costume

Most of them are just to be like “look at me I got working wrist blades” and then there stupid video is over!

I agree there is no point in posting a 10 second video to see what you accomplished and let people hanging and not show how did you do it and why did you taken upon yourself to even tackle such a task. Whether it be to try another way of doing something that has been done before and maybe you can do it better for cheap or upgrade an old technique with new technological parts. It is like saying "Ok and your point of doing or posting this was?"

I'm attempting to make myself a working gauntlet with blades. I've rigged up something manual with a spring and drawer slide. All I have to work on next is the latch to hold it down and how to get the latch to release properly for the right effect. I'll post more once I get it done. :(

I'm attempting to make myself a working gauntlet with blades. I've rigged up something manual with a spring and drawer slide. All I have to work on next is the latch to hold it down and how to get the latch to release properly for the right effect. I'll post more once I get it done. :(
Looking forward to it my friend!!

Update 2/17/2010,

Ok well,
I have still been working to have a full Predator suit ready for conventions and Halloween.
So far I have scratched built just about everything as I don't have much money.
The armor is made from free buckets I got from Lowe’s and the skin is made from an old sweater that I got from a thrift store.
Well after Halloween I had to make new gauntlets and I started to make them, I so far finished my new wrist blades and the gauntlet that holds them.
New updates and pics to come.

New gauntlets,

IMG_5202.jpg.gif

IMG_5201.jpg.gif

IMG_5200.jpg.gif

IMG_5199.jpg.gif

IMG_5198.jpg.gif

IMG_5197.jpg.gif

IMG_5196.jpg.gif

IMG_5202.jpg.gif

IMG_5201.jpg.gif

IMG_5200.jpg.gif

IMG_5199.jpg.gif

IMG_5198.jpg.gif

IMG_5197.jpg.gif

IMG_5196.jpg.gif

new update,

This is Major Dutch Schaefer's arm from the Capcom Alien vs. Predator Arcade game.
I made this for my little brother for a convention we will be attending this year.
It is made from foamies, plastic milk cartons, pipe insulation and a Terminator Salvation Power Fist Toy.

62c4a941.jpg

Major_Dutch_Schaefer_by_Jin_Saotome.jpg

IMG_5212.jpg.gif

IMG_5213.jpg.gif

IMG_5214.jpg.gif

hopefuly I get at last one comment by the time I finish the next parts that are left for the predator, or I'll just keep updating like this till I'm done.

Thank you all for the views!

62c4a941.jpg

Major_Dutch_Schaefer_by_Jin_Saotome.jpg

IMG_5212.jpg.gif

IMG_5213.jpg.gif

IMG_5214.jpg.gif

Yeah! They piss me off there more of a waste of time to me!
I don't care to just see it working, I want to see what parts they used and where can I get them at and how to put it together!
Most of them are just to be like “look at me I got working wrist blades” and then there stupid video is over!
I agree there is no point in posting a 10 second video to see what you accomplished and let people hanging and not show how did you do it and why did you taken upon yourself to even tackle such a task. Whether it be to try another way of doing something that has been done before and maybe you can do it better for cheap or upgrade an old technique with new technological parts. It is like saying "Ok and your point of doing or posting this was?"
I know I'm a little late chiming in on that but I have 10 second videos of my blades. Other videos on YouTube are hopefully taken out of context. I had mine in my threads just because you can't see that in pictures. Both my gauntlet threads were broken down the best I could and included short vids. So, if you went to my 'channel' you would only see those 10 seconds and not the tutorial. I can see how that would be disappointing.

I really like how your gauntlet (and suit) came out. I'm using some of same techniques and like seeing some good progress.

Good use of found objects on the arm too! :lol:

new update,

This is Major Dutch Schaefer's arm from the Capcom Alien vs. Predator Arcade game.
I made this for my little brother for a convention we will be attending this year.
It is made from foamies, plastic milk cartons, pipe insulation and a Terminator Salvation Power Fist Toy.

*pics snipped for quoting*

hopefuly I get at last one comment by the time I finish the next parts that are left for the predator, or I'll just keep updating like this till I'm done.

Thank you all for the views!

I don't post on here too often,I saw your thread,clicked on the last page and saw this post and I just had to comment.

You did a great job on your brother's arm,it has all the detail where they should be,now I'm backing through the entire thread to see the rest of your Pred costume,keep up the great work man.

I have a ton of backer rod in different diameter I will sell you real cheap.
I paid over 70 for it. I will sell it for 15 plus shipping. There are a couple of tutorials here
where you can find out how to turn them into dreds easy.

Vinman, I don't suppose you still have the backer rods? If so, any chance you can ship them to UK for the end of next week?????
Massive ask I know
Cheers,
Vini

Vinman, I don't suppose you still have the backer rods? If so, any chance you can ship them to UK for the end of next week?????
Massive ask I know
Cheers,
Vini

Yeah hi maybe you didn't read the rules but you're not to post things that have nothing to do with this topic. you have could of just pm Vinmanmac for the backer rods.
My topic is not the Buy and sale thread or a post it board.

Well still working on this stuff, I got a little over a month to finish my Predator and his stuff and most of the stuff is painting the skin, gloves and feet. Man I'm Tired but I can't stop! :)
Got to finish! Well anyways I am on a break and I thought I'll post up a journey of my predator naginata with alien head now the pole isn't done yet still need a few things to make it look right.
But tell me what you guys think about it? :) It may give people a few Ideas?

IMG_5226.jpg.gif

IMG_5227.jpg.gif

IMG_5228.jpg.gif

IMG_5229.jpg.gif

IMG_5230.jpg.gif

IMG_5233.jpg.gif

IMG_5232.jpg.gif

IMG_5234.jpg.gif

IMG_5235.jpg.gif

IMG_5231.jpg.gif

IMG_5226.jpg.gif

IMG_5227.jpg.gif

IMG_5228.jpg.gif

IMG_5229.jpg.gif

IMG_5230.jpg.gif

IMG_5233.jpg.gif

IMG_5232.jpg.gif

IMG_5234.jpg.gif

IMG_5235.jpg.gif

IMG_5231.jpg.gif

Update with new pics,
Well first of all I would like to Thank you all for your kind comments, I have always gotten tons of inspiration from the people here and a few other places and well if what I make out of junk and trash laying around and recycle it in to props & art and somebody gets an idea from me that ends up saves the world just mention me in your acceptance speech ;) lol,
But yeah I like to recycle things and I think this was the best way for me to recycle! :cry: I love how this stuff is turning out and I hope that when it's all ready to be shown at the convention that I hope people there will love it there too. Well anyways here are the new pics!

This is my P1 bio and under mask I have it hanging on my celtic's Sideshow stand and there are my other two bios.
I call this predator "Supreme Emperor Predator" :) later on I'll put more things on the dreads,
IMG_5245.jpg.gif

IMG_5237.jpg.gif

Here is the finished Alien head on my predator naginata it has real leather wrap and I add two American bald eagle feathers from the two that live in my back yard they pull them out and leave them everywhere. Big mess!
IMG_5252.jpg.gif

IMG_5255.jpg.gif

And the last thing for this update before I got to celebrate my birthday today is my right side thigh armor.
IMG_5248.jpg.gif

IMG_5250.jpg.gif

Well that is it for now, hope you like it and I'll update with new pics as I can thank you for looking!
IMG_5251.jpg.gif

IMG_5245.jpg.gif

IMG_5237.jpg.gif

IMG_5252.jpg.gif

IMG_5255.jpg.gif

IMG_5248.jpg.gif

IMG_5250.jpg.gif

IMG_5251.jpg.gif

This is the last entry to this thread that will have to do with making this costume. The last thing I have to do is repaint my skin but I'll go ahead and put that in "completed costumes" when it is done. Thanks for all the views and comments. Hope you enjoy the last pictures. I put together these three images as a small Huntorial for how to make a whole suit from images by me and also a few from some other people that were relevant. The majority of them were mine though. :)

Mycostumepage1.jpg

Mycostumepage2.jpg

Mycostumepage3.jpg

Feel free to comment.

Mycostumepage1.jpg

Mycostumepage2.jpg

Mycostumepage3.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back