Scott Marshall P1 Resin Statue Build!

godaiking

Hey guys,

I've always wanted a lifesize statue of the Predator. After seeing Scott's work throughout many forums, I figured I found the right guy for the job. His paint jobs/sculpt is the pinnacle of Predator collectibles.

I'm so excited about this build that I wanted to show some progress pics when they come up as I've never seen any here of a resin statue build. Hope this is the right section for this post.

PS: anyone know if the stunt bio fits his latest P1 sculpt? (PLEASE SAY YES! :))

-Joe

Hey guys,
I've always wanted a lifesize statue of the Predator. After seeing Scott's work throughout many forums, I figured I found the right guy for the job. His paint jobs/sculpt is the pinnacle of Predator collectibles.
I'm so excited about this build that I wanted to show some progress pics when they come up as I've never seen any here of a resin statue build. Hope this is the right section for this post.
PS: anyone know if the stunt bio fits his latest P1 sculpt? (PLEASE SAY YES! :))
-Joe
I think this picture may better answer your question it is off of his FB page with his mask

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this picture may better answer your question it is off of his FB page with his mask
Interesting. Here's a comparison with the Morris/Rosengrant head I have:

SDC14149.jpg

I still think think this his P1 sculpt will look good with the bio. Are there any other shots with it though?

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to use the Morris/Rosengrant bust with the bio permanently mounted to display on the statue. I'll have the closed mouth/unmasked head displayed in a case next to it.

Been busy modding the bust to accomodate the Bio. Need to resculpt the bottom mandilbles to be closed.

So far, I've been tweaking out the edges with apoxie sculpt to be more rounded and ended up elongating them. Alot of work, but worth it.

Here's some pics:

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

Screenshot2011-06-15at50350PM.png
casted the closed mouth head. Can't wait to see what he's going to do with it:

Screenshot2011-06-15at50350PM.png

I guess I started a trend by filling that dent, huh?

You did a good job cleaning up the mask...do you have a pic of the altered head?

Yup.. The dent in the brow area is part of the original sculpt.... That is my bio, right?

Yup, it's your bio.

Damn, I didn't know that. I thought it was a casting flaw.

All the pics I've seen of the hero bio don't look like it's there though:

pred12.jpg

Predator_38.jpg

Then again, the lighting and detail on these pics are pretty limited....

Ha yes... Paint and lighting from production stills do hide it at times, but it's there. And yes Jason.. I think ya did start a trend.. Though with all the little flaws in that old mold, I could understand the confusion.. And even though like to mess my Bios up.. I'm really digging all the pristine ones you guys are doing. Fits that head well.. Looking forward to watching this project!

I guess I started a trend by filling that dent, huh?

You did a good job cleaning up the mask...do you have a pic of the altered head?

I will soon. Haven't finished it yet as I've been working primarily on the bio. But, I had to cut off alot of the left brow (ouch) to allow the bio to fit proper.

Ha yes... Paint and lighting from production stills do hide it at times, but it's there. And yes Jason.. I think ya did start a trend.. Though with all the little flaws in that old mold, I could understand the confusion.. And even though like to mess my Bios up.. I'm really digging all the pristine ones you guys are doing. Fits that head well.. Looking forward to watching this project!

Man, this is starting to bug me. Do you have a pic of the original dent in the brow on your castings?

I'm working off my phone right now so it's hard to find the link. Jason if you're out there .. Perhaps you cam guide him.. Its the area where traditionally a star like blast mark is painted on.. If you look at the pics of the screen worn bio ( not screen grabs) you will see the dent .. If you need a pic reference of my castings, I still may have a listing in the Buy/Sell I forgot to delete

I'm working off my phone right now so it's hard to find the link. Jason if you're out there .. Perhaps you cam guide him.. Its the area where traditionally a star like blast mark is painted on.. If you look at the pics of the screen worn bio ( not screen grabs) you will see the dent .. If you need a pic reference of my castings, I still may have a listing in the Buy/Sell I forgot to delete
Don't worry George per our conversations I have left mine as is except for the excess plastic around the rim of the Bio from it was casted I'm not filling in the dent :(

Well, I guess it's been decided...there is a dent there. I'll do some studying on George's raw castings on the forum here and look at the dent. I may make mine a bit more subtle.

Got upper right hand corner of the bio's "lip" smoothed and straightened. I'll have some pics up when I finish up the rest!

I left the dent. I love the dent. When I look at my bio, the first thing I say is, "********, what a BEAUTIFUL DENT!" Jason is the devil for filling the dent.

Looking forward to this build-up, by the by...

Haven't had a chance to work on my bio. Been too busy working on Terminators. I should start again tonight and possilbly finish it up this coming week. Got my dreads/beads from Biohunter76 a couple days ago and can't wait to start working with those.

Scott just casted the legs. After that, the torso!

Screenshot2011-06-18at11745PM.png

Screenshot2011-06-18at11737PM.png

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back