schwartzenegger remake of predator/ running man

Yeah this is all over the net,...i am not too sure that "Predator" will be a remake, i think (hope) they mean sequel ;)

seems to be the big craze at the mo remake remake remake,are the directors/producers not thinking of new stuff or is it just for quick bucks???,was watching flight of the navigator other night class film showing its age but guess what there guna remake that...cant see them doing predator thou "get to the chopper!!!" but now it will be "get me my zimmer frame !!!""" ;)

its a misnomer ..it was meant to read "Sequel". Ive already heard stuff about the Predators sequel brewing ...there are MANY Arnold projects floating around that take precedence over anything Pred related

its a misnomer ..it was meant to read "Sequel". Ive already heard stuff about the Predators sequel brewing ...there are MANY Arnold projects floating around that take precedence over anything Pred related
Whew i thought that was the case.
Maybe Dutch will be the next one to arrive on the planet with Royce ;)

I don't like the concept of remakes. Sometimes they're good. Most of the time it reminds me how Asian movies are remade to fit the American audience. The Lake House, My Sassy Girl and The Departed were all remakes of Asian movies.

Anyway, I don't see why Predator or The Running Man would need a remake. They're awesome movies!

We don't need remakes, we don't want remakes.

Hitcher, Death Race, Assault on Precinct 13,Bangkok Dangerous,Friday the 13th,Godzilla, Nightmare on elm street,The Karate Kid., island of dr Moreau,Clash of the Titans.....they all sucked heavilly, and soon , Total Recall, Red Dawn, Conan 3 D...

The only good remakes so far are Scarface and the Fly, but they were made a long time ago.

Arnie already accepted a role of a nazi officer during WW2, who saved American soldiers, based on a true story.
I guess the declaration about a remake of Running Man or Predator was just a hype.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/...-role-as-a-nazi

I wouldn't say no to Arnie in an eventual Predator sequel, of course if the project is good and the staff not untalented (no hacks like Rodriguez, Antal, no KNB, no stupid script and fake R rating..)

Twitter is all alit with news of this. I’m kind of optimistic about the idea of Arnold revisiting predator ( if this is even to happen) - no doubt they mean a sequel.
@ tusky
I think they should leave ‘Predators’ where it ended for right now. If Arnold Is going to be reintroduced back into the predator franchise…It should be on earth, maybe 20-30 years prior his encounter with the magnificent extraterrestrial. Lets say another team could be operating in that same area or even another local on earth. Strange **** starts to happen- men disappearing, bodies found headless and mutilated-Your typical predator activity- and no one knows what’s going on. Somehow Arnold catches wind of these ‘strange’ happenings and travels to local to help. The guys give him hell at first, after all he’s some older guy whose team was wiped out by ‘aliens’ …ha what a joke! That’s what they all think until this new Predator turns up the heat on their asses and they start to give old Arnold a bit more credit…because he just may be right.
~Estelle

seems to be the big craze at the mo remake remake remake,are the directors/producers not thinking of new stuff or is it just for quick bucks???

It's a business plan. Hollywood is not doing well as the economy sinks, and they no longer want to risk their money on anything they don't consider a safe bet. That's why they are so eager for remakes, sequels, and prequels, as well as cross-media movies based on successful comic books or TV shows. They don't want to risk their money on things that have not already been demonstrated to be commercially viable.

Just read this article
Article about arnold

Like almost everyone knows, he's going back to the movie.
And he told he got about 15 film offers, including predator 1 re-make.

Wouldn't it be awesome to have predator 1 remaked?
omg

I honestly hope he doesn't go into a Pred movie. To be honest, it would tarnish how he is viewed as Dutch in the first Pred movie [but that's just my opinion]. I believe Rob Rod and Antel did a great job with Predators, and I don't think they have any plans on adding in Arnie. I hope they don't remake Terminator either.

I always find peoples perception of Hollywood entertaining to say the least.. As if Hollywood is a single entity with a brain that makes singulary descisions. And where did you read that there is an economic crisis in the film industry? Remakes have been happening forever.. They will continue to happen.. Just as live Theater sees many incarnations and cast changes.. So will the motion picture. How about The Thing.. A horror classic by John Carpenter?.. A remake itself, soon to have a prequel. Cape Fear, Twelve Monkeys, Star Trek, the recently Academy Award nominated "True Grit" and many more. AND these movies employ many people. So.. If I get a call to work effects on a remake, should I turn it down because "Hollywood" is "unoriginal"? A good friend of mine is art directing "Total Recall" right now.. He did the FX for Godzilla.. Do you think he tried any less on those films? Do you think he isn't a fan himself. No offense but the whole "listen to what the fans want" thing doesn't really fly.. I'm a fan... I've heard a bunch of AVP and Predator sequel ideas from others that honestly I would hate seen turn into a film. We don't all agree, so there is no way to please us all collectively

As for Arnold returning to old roles.. It could happen.. The franchises have been proven to be able to carry on without him. His appearance now would only bolster that gimmicky "do it for the money" approach that many just Condemned in earlier posts. He was written into the original Predators script.. He could easily get written into a sequel.. Makes sense.. Royce and Isabelle will need to get home.. More were getting dropped in at the end of the Flick.. Enter "Dutch"

Ya.. There is already a fairly long thread on this .. Take a look at other posts... Don't be too eager to be the first to post Arnold news

As long as they don't have him fight a four armed predator like they had royce do in the predators comic, this is was supposedly happen to them after the movie. Would never want to see a four armed predator on screen

As for Arnold returning to old roles.. It could happen.. The franchises have been proven to be able to carry on without him. His appearance now would only bolster that gimmicky "do it for the money" approach that many just Condemned in earlier posts. He was written into the original Predators script.. He could easily get written into a sequel.. Makes sense.. Royce and Isabelle will need to get home.. More were getting dropped in at the end of the Flick.. Enter "Dutch"

How do ya’ reckon Dutch is gonna get Isabella and Royce home? ( or is needed, I should ask) Royce was ready to fly the P1S’s ( classic pred) ship off that rock himself - and would have if Berserker hadn’t blown it up....I was Just curious ?
~Estelle

How do ya’ reckon Dutch is gonna get Isabella and Royce home? ( or is needed, I should ask) Royce was ready to fly the P1S’s ( classic pred) ship off that rock himself - and would have if Berserker hadn’t blown it up....I was Just curious ?~Estelle

Gonna venture a wild guess that more Predators will be written in as arriving on a new ship. Not implausible...

As for "remakes", I will continue upon George's comments with how many times do you think Romeo & Juliet has been performed? Opera, musicals, etc., are redone. Anyone heard of that little thing called "Broadway"? Why should film be different? Simply because it's film? The medium is irrelevent. With that logic, any musical, play, etc., should never be performed if it has been recorded. With as many times as I've walked into Best Buy and watched TDMB dvd, he should never be allowed to play any of those songs live, again. The remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is one of my all-time favorite movies and I will argue until I'm blue in the face that it was a better "performance" than the original (Not to mention, a lot more "real"). Remakes have potential for better results, just as all works that are recast for the theater year after year, have the potential to be better than the last run. Yes, some remakes unfortunately are not as good, the Friday the 13th remake, IMHO as an example, but the potential is always there...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back