Scarlet Witch Age of Ultron Cosplay

m4dielizab3th

Hi! Just as a heads up, this is my first post/contribution to this website. I've read the rules and such, but if I do something wrong or post this in the wrong section, please let me know :)

For Emerald City Comicon (March 28) I'm cosplaying Scarlet Witch from Age of Ultron. (Question below pic)

Scarlet-Witch-Elizabeth-Olsen-Featured-In-Leaked-Set-Video-For-Avengers-Age-Of-Ultron.jpg

I've got boots, a red leather jacket, necklaces, and a pair of earrings. I was wondering how to go about the dress, though. I'm trying to stay cheap, but I want to stay accurate at the same time. Any help would be amazing!

A friend told me to ask on this website, however I'm not sure if I'm in the right spot or not. Again, just let me know if this post is in the wrong place. :)

Hmm that looks like a very specific dress which is going to likely make it annoying to find or make.

Firstly have a good look around thrift / charity shops (hope you have similar things in Washington).

You may be able to get a close enough black dress and modify it, Front detail (seem) should be easy to replicate via cutting, adding a strip of craft foam to the back and some sewing.

The pattern (dark grey on black) could also be done via getting some grid mesh (I use this odd non-slide matting) laying it on the fabric and spraying in sections.

Test on the inside of the dress first and if you can get 2 base dresses in-case anything messes up.

At first glance this looks like an easy casual cosplay but I reckon if you really nail it the results will be great.

My final parting advice is something someone once told me....

"The person who made the original costume won't be there so don't obsess over tiny details or mistakes".

Good luck and God bless!

We just picked up a very close dress to this at Plato's Closet. If you have one of those near you, check there. They carry lots of "trendy" clothing for young women. $10 out the door. We also got my daughter's boots there even though we went with a flat heel because higher heels are awful for walking around Comic Con. Now we're just trying to find a decent jacket. Anyone have a good link?

My daughter found the earrings here:
https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1026798272

Mark

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back