Scarlet Spider costume

20150523_232856.jpgSo I'm making a latex mold out of one of these 936167120_012.jpg to later cast the hexagon pattern for the suit. This is my first time trying something like this. I'm thinking of making the pattern out of liquid latex. Has anyone else tried this? If so, any tips before I continue? Thanks!

20150526_234639.jpg My first attempt at making a face shell...just using it now to see what shape I want my lenses to have.

Last edited:
I dig those eyes, shape and size. I've been inspired to make some alterations to my scarlet spider suit. What are you planning to make the lenses out of?

I had found my hoodie on Ebay. It came from china and was super cheap. with shipping I think it was like 23 bucks

I found some in Old Navy in the kids section(which is good because they can be a bit more form fitting) They tell me they're getting a new shipment soon and I got a gift card from there luckily. But if this doesn't work then I'll definitely be hitting up Ebay.

I dig those eyes, shape and size. I've been inspired to make some alterations to my scarlet spider suit. What are you planning to make the lenses out of?

Really? thanks! haha like you said, it's always a work in progress. I have been making a lot of different designs, but I'm happy with those. I'm thinking of casting them in resin although Sculpey Firm has proven to be very reliable and gets a really nice glossy finish when sanded right. I'll probably make 2 pairs; one out of sculpey and cast some resin ones out of those just in case they break later. I'm just waiting on getting my face shell done so I can form the lenses to the shape of it.

Last edited:
I agree, that design is awesomely awesome. I'm probably gonna go that route of sculpey and a separate casting too when I eventually start on my own suit.

Anyway seeing that design come to life (if you use it) will be cool!

I agree, that design is awesomely awesome. I'm probably gonna go that route of sculpey and a separate casting too when I eventually start on my own suit.

Anyway seeing that design come to life (if you use it) will be cool!

Thank you! Yeah I definitely recommend it, it's very easy to work with after you've hammered it a couple times haha.

Well with all this good feedback I think I might as well use it. But I'll still cast different designs...I'm already planning on making other suits.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.amazon.com/Soffe-Trainin...=1432708213&sr=8-5&keywords=light+blue+hoodie

Here is the hoodie I used, and with Amazon Prime I got it in two days..

These look really good. Thanks!

View attachment 480828So I'm making a latex mold out of one of these View attachment 480827 to later cast the hexagon pattern for the suit. This is my first time trying something like this. I'm thinking of making the pattern out of liquid latex. Has anyone else tried this? If so, any tips before I continue? Thanks!

20150527_153145.jpg not coming out as I expected...the hexagon are a bit deformed because the plaster cracked, but I think this will contribute well to the "Scarlet Spider" look.

I believe so. I've seen a lot of guys use it for other spider man buids. However, I do realize that the design you're going for is more complex than the normal spidey design.

I believe so. I've seen a lot of guys use it for other spider man buids. However, I do realize that the design you're going for is more complex than the normal spidey design.
Yes, what I've seen is people tracing details with this paint. My suit doesn't have any printed details so I won't have a guide for the pattern :unsure

Does anyone have any experience with Dragon Skin or ecoflex 00-30?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back