Scammer , recaster warning : latest alias Loganprops, recent alias Snikt Shop

Re: Another recaster, and i think this time, I'm done..

I would love to see the recently banned "photoshop/recast expert" have HER Superman file obtained and offered for sale. I bet she would FLIP over that. I highly doubt she would just shrug it off and say she doesn't see anything wrong with it.

I would love to see the recently banned "photoshop/recast expert" have HER Superman file obtained and offered for sale. I bet she would FLIP over that. I highly doubt she would just shrug it off and say she doesn't see anything wrong with it.
MovieFreak I will ask you to stay out of my head...It isn't a safe place. LOL I was thinking the same thing.

^ that would explain my recent influx if nightmares :lol

Sorry to butt in here. but I just wanted to ask a question. why not put up a stuck thread at the top of the prop section. warning to all recasters and potential recasters . explain what it is and how it is felt and dealt with on our forum....

^ that would explain my recent influx if nightmares :lol

My suggestion, Moviefreak, Coffee make friends with it.:lol Sean, I think that is not done because it is already stated in the Terms of Membership.

If these people really see nothing wrong with the habit of obtaining, recasting and selling other people's works (as I'm understanding their position), then why don't they at least acknowledge the source they are using? If someone is willing to say that their recasting and selling is a legitimate enterprise, why do they have a problem with identifying (and crediting) the creators of the work they are recasting? After all, the recaster's already said that there's nothing wrong with the practice...
I can't help but see the majority of recasters knowing EXACTLY that what they are doing is wrong, and (through laziness, avarice,whatever) just not giving a ****. Why would a recaster (who thinks the practice is fine) get upset when the evident recasting is then exposed? Most likely because they've been selling the recasts as their own creations, and now they look like raging douchebags for being caught not just recasting, but lying about it. Apologies for the slight thread derail, just my thoughts as I get pissed off thinking about all of it.

Yeah, I kind of have to see it as the same reason why they don't just contact the replica's sculptor and make a deal with them to produce several runs of a prop, or contact people who've ceased doing runs of certain props and made deals to make new runs of those props. Because money is good, and dirty money is easier.

I don't think that was a her, I think that was that "Jim Logan" guy posing as a her...........Sounded an awful lot like him.

Sean, I think that is not done because it is already stated in the Terms of Membership.[/QUOTE]

The percentage of people that don't read that would probably be astonishing. now a warning thread may ward of a few. just my thoughts.
Don't mean to derail anything...

The percentage of people that don't read that would probably be astonishing. now a warning thread may ward of a few. just my thoughts.
Don't mean to derail anything...

If somebody isn't going to take the time to read, understand, and adhere to the RPF membership terms presented to them at the time of sign-up, they really don't have any business being here in the first place. There are also plenty of resources here to answer any questions or concerns as they arise.

A for "Jim Logan" and 99% of recasters that post here, a sticky tab isn't going to deter any behavior. They're already saying they aren't doing anything wrong, so putting up warning signs and arguing the point is moot.

I understand. sorry I jumped in the thread. my apologies...

I know Jim personally, that wasn't a girl, that was him hiding behind the guise of a girl...Something that's oddly typical for him as he's done it to me before....

And as far as throwing my business into this:

Of course were under scrutiny, everyone that makes things has critics. But I've never been late on an order, never recasted anything, never stolen anyone's hard work, never stolen anyone's money and never lied to my customers....

He's just butt hurt because my business is out ahead of his now. That's what honesty and hard work gets you. We make a Cheshire mask, then he does, I make Deadpool masks, then he does, I make a Zod suit, suddenly he does next day, I make an MOS Supergirl suit, then he does next day...See a pattern emerging here??

Now, I'm not in any way going to defend recasting, but you do kind of have to expect it. Come on. Can you really complain about someone ripping you off on the stuff that you worked so hard at, well... Ripping off?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The only way to put a dead stop to recasting is to only buy licensed product or build it your self. The new RPF motto isn't "BUY your fandom from a RPF approved source". It's "Craft Your Fandom". So if you don't like what the license holders are offering, there's nothing stopping you from comitting a little DIY.

If you suspect a recaster, report it. Don't buy from 'em. The arguing over it's relative morality is pointless. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" and all. This converstaion has gone on since before I was a member here and will conitinue long after I'm gone. There's no right answer in that it's all wrong, from a certain point of view. We can do our best to minimise recasting and it's impact, but don't think we'll ever be entirely rid of it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The only way to put a dead stop to recasting is to only buy licensed product or build it your self. The new RPF motto isn't "BUY your fandom from a RPF approved source". It's "Craft Your Fandom". So if you don't like what the license holders are offering, there's nothing stopping you from comitting a little DIY.

Unless of course you don't have the budget, tools, knowledge or location to build these things yourself and would rather just pay someone else to make them for you. There is that.

If you suspect a recaster, report it. Don't buy from 'em. The arguing over it's relative morality is pointless. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" and all. This converstaion has gone on since before I was a member here and will conitinue long after I'm gone. There's no right answer in that it's all wrong, from a certain point of view. We can do our best to minimise recasting and it's impact, but don't think we'll ever be entirely rid of it.

"Report it, don't buy from 'em?" Why do you think this thread exists? It's to raise awareness about a particular scummy individual so that people learn not to buy from this guy.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone?" What? Recasting is demonstrably immoral, and the fact that none of us are perfect does not change that fact. It'd be like if a lawyer said "hey look, my client might be a serial killer, but NOBODY'S PERFECT, amirite? Let's not be so quick to judge."

Check out his shop page on FB. He's claming that he made the Deadpool gear on that new superhero beat down vid...Also, he wrote another message to the "haters" LOL

Check out his shop page on FB. He's claming that he made the Deadpool gear on that new superhero beat down vid...Also, he wrote another message to the "haters" LOL

Haters gonna hate. How profound. Surprised no one used "YOLO" :rolleyes

At the end of the video,
Sniktshop is credited. But did not specified what was provided. Some possibilities are the eye pieces or the belt buckle.

He didnt. He made the belt buckle on the DP suit, that's it. He's trying to take credit again...HE DIDNT MAKE THAT SUIT OR ANYTHING BUT THE BUCKLE ON IT.

He moved out of Florida, right? So glad if that's the case. He was a ***** at the nightclub I used to bounce at

Rdmaul is correct, I made the deadpool mask, and I noticed he never answers people when they asked if he made the mask on his facebook page. I also heard from someone who owns my mask that said he wanted to know how it was constructed and what materials were used.
-Todd

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back