Done / Completed Scale Replica Batman Dark Knight Manhole cover / coasters

Valor

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is For Sale thread for these scale replicas of the manhole covers used in the Dark Knight movies. These are famously featured in the finale of Batman Begins when pressure in the sewers from Scarecrow's plan cause these to explode into the air in the streets of Gotham.

This design was thoroughly researched and recreated with 3-D Printing. These are resin casts of that 3-D print. They are cast in solid black resin and weathered with metallic paint for a realistic look.

They are 3-3/8" diameter and about 1/8" thick.

These are great to display with your Batman figures or collections. A stack of them also makes awesome coasters!

Pricing (including US shipping) for multiples will be as follows:

1 $15
2 $25
3 $35
4 $45
5 $55
6 $65

PM me for details.

Attachments

• IMG_1928.jpg
    IMG_1928.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_1927.jpg
    IMG_1927.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 189
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    577.5 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Hey valor,

Are you planning to maybe clear coat these after the weathering so that they won't be damaged by moisture from being used as a coaster. Also, for a bit more, would you possibly look into sourcing the right sized felt adhesive thingies for the bottom so they won't damage wood furniture? Plan to use these in my office :D

I could certainly spray some clear over them. Sorry, I don't have a source for the felt.

Valor.

Okay gang, this is a go! Anyone who has expressed interest can send payment via paypal to valordesign72@gmail.com. These will be ready to ship within a week or so.

Anyone else who is interested, please let me know.

Steve

Here's a peek at the finished product. Black Solid Resin and weathered with enamel paint so they are water proof if you're using them for coasters. If anyone else wants some, I have lots of resin :)

Attachments

• mh2.jpg
    mh2.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 153
  • mh1.jpg
    mh1.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 158
Thanks, I'll be honest, the viscosity of the black resin seems to be thicker (or it is setting faster) than the Smoothcast300 I'm used to. This means there's some tiny bubbles in the cast. Specifically a couple ends of a letter or two didn't get resin. You can see it in some places in the photos above. With all the weathering, you really don't notice. If this really bothers you, let me know.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back