SAW reverse bear trap on ebay, something fishy,

patsmear

Sr Member
I've come across it too, I believe the seller is just selling the one he has and doesn't know what its really made of, it could be boxed up ready to ship therefore no more pics avail but it scares me that at least one of the pictures is Tyler's old apartment. The 1 feedback is also from buying I believe so anyone takes a risk for a 0 feedback seller but eBay forces paypal for buyers protection (I've never had to make a claim so I don't know how good it is)

Never the less I don't have to worry I already have one.

yeah- 1 feedback is fishy...but I agree seller probably just doesn't know what it really is. He doesn't seem to claim he built it himself.

And Ebay's buyer protection IS pretty solid now. I had to do a $300 claim about a yr. ago and though it took awhile, it all worked out!

Seller claims to have made it and it's all metal after further questioning, It's not all metal nor did the seller make this. I still don't think it's a recast just the seller not being straightforward. I don't need to worry because I have mine, but others beware.

well speaking of having one...I don't. But I wish I did, and I'm too new here to post in the Junkyard.

PM me if anyone's got a good one they're looking to unload.

well speaking of having one...I don't. But I wish I did, and I'm too new here to post in the Junkyard.

PM me if anyone's got a good one they're looking to unload.

I've only got puppets looking to unload, I know the mold Tyler sold to Horror Props Store dot com to avoid advertising or direct linking but I don't think they are going to put it into production. So I think you'll only find those that are selling previous pulls.

I've only got puppets looking to unload, I know the mold Tyler sold to Horror Props Store dot com to avoid advertising or direct linking but I don't think they are going to put it into production. So I think you'll only find those that are selling previous pulls.

thanks....looks like they're barely even doing business anymore.

Anybody else?

These are very rare, I think Tyler made less than 50 of these. You can take your chances with this bid. I've seen other replica's none of which meet the quality of this one.

A user on here did a one of of the VFT I'd love to get a hold of that it was pretty awesome.

Cool- yeah I won't bid on anything from anyone with less than 10 feedback...and looks like that ended early afterall. Wonder if Ebay cancelled it.

Keep me in mind if anyone see's one of Tyler's pop up again though!

The two RBT's I see listed on eBay currently are:
From sawprop81 who has saw and prop in user name and 0 feedback this tells me new user whose sole intention is to sell the replica. This replicas orgins are unknown but the seller claims to be it's replicator and is also working on a VFT which I hope is true because I would love to obtain a replica of it and have only seen very few and all have been one offs. Back to the RBT this is made with aluminum and metal and various other real parts it is not Tylers and the replica its self is pretty damn nice looking I feel it's lacking detail it may just be the flat paint job though.

The 2nd one is listed by a %100 feedback seller but the seller by the name of firegrizzlywill. Again the origins of this RBT to me are unknown and from what I can recall the seller never makes the claim they built it. Its similar looking to Tylers Mold but is again lacking detail Tyler had it could be the paint job on it too but the gears also look slightly smaller than Tylers which is why I don't think it is Tylers.

Out of these two the metal one is better it even has the pull pin slot and I think the timer is real.

Either way I don't think either are Tylers.

Thanks Billie...I don't think I can risk the 0 feedback. I also threw up a WTB post on the Junkyard since I've finally been on here enough to post!

Still Lookin'!!!

I have the blueprint poster for both the RBT and the stlileto knife, however it is said these posters omitted lots of stuff and where not exact just there for looks etc.

I should attempt to make them. I'm wanting to buy a VFT but I have yet to see a kit for one.

I'm tempted to bid on the metal RBT but it looks risky for the reasons I outlined.
Plus I'm Canadian so I'd have to have it shipped to my uncle.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back