Sankara Stones Project -Translucent and normal version

Thanks guys, I wanted to show the display finished ...

16313658350_72d959cc04_z.jpg

Those metallic buttons are the contacts for the stones to make possible the turn on of the light.

16314827459_3093222b9c_z.jpg

My brother and me have made the last changes today

To wait for the video showing the lighting effect, I want to show first a couple of pics of the sankara lighted

16351098568_d80bfd3ac0_z.jpg

16352511109_4d11e60266_z.jpg

Thanks again. The display is obligatory in order to make the stones working.
Sorry for the quality of the video, this is not my best skill ..and for the glove :D

There are four programs in this circuit showing 4 light effect.
The flicker effect notice me when I change the program to another turning the stone

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok...so yeah that's pretty darn cool. :D

Can you keep them glowing all pretty or do they time out? What I mean is, can these be left on in, let's say, the movie accurate power mode?

Rob, the stones can be with the same effect all the time you want until you change manually to another effect, as you see in the video, There is a mode (fixed) where the light is on without any variation. Does that answer your question?
When you remove a stone, all will go out at the same time in a few seconds.

Rob, the stones can be with the same effect all the time you want until you change manually to another effect, as you see in the video, There is a mode (fixed) where the light is on without any variation. Does that answer your question?
When you remove a stone, all will go out at the same time in a few seconds.

That answers part of it, but how long can the stones be on before they 'time out' or shut off on their own, or do they remain lit indefinitely? Is it AC powered or battery? Is there a switch or something? Sorry for the picky questions, just curious. :)

About 5 years ago I decided to use my experience as a special make-up FX/Prop artist to create the ultimate stones. The goal was to create a translucent interior, with a opaque exterior, and a core that filled with electronics that would use RF, IR, or radio signals to sense when all three were in close proximity and light up.

I tried so hard, and failed so bad to get it all working. The electronics are sill sitting in a box, the 3D mold plans are still on my HD, and the giant bucket of silicone is undoubtably no longer useful.

So, when I saw yours, I had to give you credit for such a great looking bunch. You've not only done an excellent job, but also got them done...which is awesome! :D

Great job.

Thanks guys, for your kind words. These are made of transparent polyester resin. No problem with the light. We will have replacement circuits with light for the stones. With each set comes instructions and faq for his working. There is a 6 month period of warranty. All circuits are made by hand by my brother. He is the inventor and can fix and replace if necessary. The circuit of light of each stones is composed by 4 high brightness led. If one of these fail, can be replaced for another without problem.They can be found easily

These look absolutely fantastic!!!!!! Gotta be the best Sankara stone replicas yet. Will be keeping my eyes peeled for a run. Have you ever thought of going down the glowing Kryptonite route? The transparent resin with the "cracking" effect on the inside, just immagine that as a nice chunk of glowing green Kryptonite ;)

I'll say it again, simply a perfect replica of the ToD stones. Markpoon, would love to see the indy props you are refering to, maybe if you could upload pics to the thread:

Your indiana jones displays- Lets see em'

Hope you can!! :cheers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back