Samurai Shiinto Bio Helmet

MEANGENE83

Sr Member
So I have a new found desire to just blast out some kick ass Bio Helmets.

Next on the list is one of Rob's Samurai Hunters.

I am about 7 hours into the sculpture. With at least another 7 to go.

Rob73.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

BETWEEN THESE TWO PICTURES AND THE FOREHEAD SECTION. WHICH DO YOU GUYS PREFER???

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

Any suggestions on my next helmet? I can't think of anything to sculpt. Maybe a possible Re-Make of a popular helmet?

looking awesome!! I like how the second from the bottom shows the angles better. I'll let you know if I can think of another good one, but right off the top of my head I really liked the pred/Fett versions.
Be keeping an eye on these as you do them!

great work, as always!

nice work so far Gene! but i have a couple issues though bud. hope you dont mind the second set of eyes critiquing you. i always like to hear critques.
if not, you can tell me where to go.

i will say left and right meaning the pictures left and right. so your right hand is the pics right.

both are symmetry. which is the absolute worst part of sculpting in my book.
the right jaw line doesnt swoop the way the left side does.

the right upper border of the eye has a steeper angle than the left. meaning it looks more vertical than the left which looks more horizontal.

but you are really knocking this out of the park man. it's a killer design and you are doing it some real justice.

if you want to sculp cool bios, you should see predatrhunter deaviant art page, he did alot of cool bios if someday i start sculpting i would ask him for permission to sculp some of his designs, and i like the 2d forehead design, more samurai themed

Thanks but Gene chose one of Rob's most amazing drawings to bring to life. I for one can't wait to see this puppy painted up and in full 3D form!

Whoa, thats a whole hell of a lot done for seven hours in. Very nice Gene. For your next bio I'd cast a vote for a Ram but I think I'm probably the only guy who really loves that helmet. lol

[quote name='A Hunter's Moon' timestamp='1323722628' post='326427']
Whoa, thats a whole hell of a lot done for seven hours in. Very nice Gene. For your next bio I'd cast a vote for a Ram but I think I'm probably the only guy who really loves that helmet. lol
[/quote]

youre not the only one i was about to order one but, ordered a celticf first, but that one is in my list :)

Looking forward to Rob's reply to this. It's his viewpoint you should consider the most with this one, concerning mods or angles or stuff. I'm sure he'll love what you're doing here!

nice work so far Gene! but i have a couple issues though bud. hope you dont mind the second set of eyes critiquing you. i always like to hear critques.
if not, you can tell me where to go.

i will say left and right meaning the pictures left and right. so your right hand is the pics right.

both are symmetry. which is the absolute worst part of sculpting in my book.
the right jaw line doesnt swoop the way the left side does.

the right upper border of the eye has a steeper angle than the left. meaning it looks more vertical than the left which looks more horizontal.

but you are really knocking this out of the park man. it's a killer design and you are doing it some real justice.

Dude, You are spot on with the examination! Very keen eye. I agree with all of the above.

I was in bed last night around 11:30 with my girlfriend next to me and she caught me looking at the pictures in my iphone. She says to me "***** ****** nothing has changed since the last million times you looked at it!" I yelled back " I AM JUDGING SYMMETRY!"

It is really hard sometimes to see it with your naked eye. A trick I always do (wouldn't really call it a trick) but what I like to do is snap pictures and measure with eyes that way. Somehow.... dont ask me why or how. But when I see a picture of the item I can see the parts that need to be fixed. Its weird really. But it works.

I guess what happens is my naked eye gets sensitized after 3-4 hours of working on it.

I most definitely appreciate the critique bud. It is greatly appreciated from a very symmetrical sculptor such as yoself !!! :)

[quote name='A Hunter's Moon' timestamp='1323722628' post='326427']
[/quote]

I have a sneaking suspicion there is a certain Lost Hunter crazed fan just like me who is secretly working on a secret Ram helmet project in the secret near future. But he can remain secret if he likes... or not???

[quote name='made007' timestamp='1323722709' post='326428']

yeah but you draw cool bios too :)
[/quote]

He most definitely does, You have very crisp drawing skills Jason!

I am eagerly awaiting Rob's critique! By the way did I mention this was a work in progress and not complete? Not sure I made that point clear. This is definitely not done, and after a nights sleep I have some new direction on some things. Specifically the Cheek areas. The area is missing something and I think I have it.

I sure hope there are some F Bombs as well!!

Thank you everyone for the support. It keeps me jazzed about doing this. I hope this gets some one else off their ass to try sculpting! Its ALOT OF FUN!

Lookin good Gene, I think one thing you can do to help out is to snap a pic of the sculpt and try to get it as close as you can to the same angle as the drawing. It will help immensely instead of looking at at 2d object and then comparing it to a 3d object, you will be pretty much comparing 2d to 2d. Keep at it and I’m looking forward to seeing some more updates.

-Chris

from a 2D to a 3D....amazing skills on display here.

your fingers work some serious magic gene.......yeah that didn't sound gay...at all

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back