Salzo V4 X-Wing Build

So with the version 4, the only pilot figure that comes with the kit is the daft punk looking helmet guy? No 'non studio accurate' normal rebel pilot? I'm still waiting for a reply for my v4.

So with the version 4, the only pilot figure that comes with the kit is the daft punk looking helmet guy? No 'non studio accurate' normal rebel pilot? I'm still waiting for a reply for my v4.

Yes you are right you get a Studio scale pilot with the Studio scale X-Wing kit...

So with the version 4, the only pilot figure that comes with the kit is the daft punk looking helmet guy?

Yep, the only figure I received is the "daft punk looking helmet guy". That's a pretty good description too! Speeaking of daft punk guy, can anyone post a picture of their V4 figure? I would post a picture of mine, but last night, I started modifying him with needle files, dental picks and JB Waterweld putty I picked up at Ace Hardware. I should have taken a picture, but I didn't have high hopes for my modifications. Now I would like to see a before and after. My wife wasn't impressed, but she never saw the original...

Most of this COULD be carved directly into the original figure; however, I got a little carried away in the beginning and had to add some material back to build up the top/front areas of the helmet. So, here's what I came up with:
D9B0661A-6BAE-44DB-AB54-4528D0C9CA35_zpslzyclkrh.jpg

It's a feeble attempt, but this thing is small. This is the first pass and I may keep at it, BUT... Wouldn't you know it, this morning I got a reply from "Rodmart" and bought two Nexus Models cockpits, pilots, R2's and decals. These are STELLAR pieces and I'll be proud to add them to my V4. If you haven't seen it, check out the Nexus Models website. There's an excellent downloadable instruction guide (for the Nexus X-Wing only, but still valuable for X-Wing reference) and tons of great pictures. Here's a link: http://www.nexus-models.com/

Last night, I also drilled almost 60 1/32" holes in my V4 cockpit for fiber optics. I drilled many of them by hand with a pin vise, but I was getting a blister and feeling confident, so I chucked a #72 bit in my dremel and smoked the rest of the holes through in no time. Then I went back over those with the pin vise and a #68 bit.

Also, my hobby shop (unbelievably) had every Tamiya color I wanted in the correct size bottles. If this momentum continues, I should make good progress!

Last edited:
Well that sucks that you only get 1 pilot. Oh well.

I'm surprised Rod offered to sell his pilot and extra bits, as it's not being used on his x wing? I might send him a message again. I enquired about an x a few months back. Very pricey at around $750 (?) US but it looks really good. He also offers the 'daft punk pilot' too lol.

I straight up explained I would use his parts in a V4. NOT CHEAP....shipping from Chili costs almost twice as much as the parts. He'll make some money and get a good advertisement. I didn't know about Nexus Models until I searched for a 1/24 x-wing pilot figure. This thread will be one more place people can find out about Nexus and potentially buy an X-Wing. I could understand if he didn't want to do it, but it seems like it makes good business sense to sell extra bits. I can't afford the Nexus X-Wing, but I can afford the bits!

Looks like you wont be going this way (Pilot Figure) but thought I would still show you how easy this is and only cost me about $9.

luke-skywalker-x-wing-pilot-amerikaanse-kaart-84445-606836_0000-2-power-of-the-jedi-collection-1.png

001new%20019_zpsa6oiqbgy.jpg

001new%20009_zpsfmbdvpz1.jpg

001new%20016_zps2ik3pl7d.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you wont be going this way (Pilot Figure) but thought I would still show you how easy this is and only cost me about $9.

View attachment 514545

Thanks for that post, 3phase!!!
Considering the difficulty of carving the original figure and Rodmart being in the process of relocating, your $9 action figure looks like a very viable alternative.
Based on the 1/18 to 1/24 comparison earlier, I thought the action figure would look too big, but this seems NOT to be the case.
Looks like I'll be searching online for an action figure tomorrow!
BTW, nice X-Wing!!! I can only hope mine turns out half as nice.
I've painted things, but I've never done washes or weathering... I may get a cheap Snap-Tite X-Wing for practice painting.

I used a Luke action figure in my V3 and it turned out pretty good. Try to find the one with the helmet already molded to his head. It is a bit smaller that the one with the separate helmet.

I messed up the first action figure head when i slipped on the supper glue for the goggles. Replacement is attached on the right. My V3 came with the option of the molded X-Wing pilot and the studio accurate pilot.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back