Limited Run SaberBay DARKSABER season 3 finish now available (limited quantities) saberbay.com

Still trying to throw fresh ideas out there.
If you plan on exposing the aluminum then painting then coating another color I think a masking is still possible. I’ll do my best to explain, i kinda wish I had a resin print to test and show with pictures.

>Powder coat raw aluminum gloss black
>dip handle pieces in masking medium(I’m personally thinking of something closer to a wax rather than something like latex masking because next step might pull up mask to easily, then again it might not, I wish I could test it myself.)
>take gloss black mask dipped pieces and polish raised edges revealing bare aluminum and leaving mask in recessed areas.
>coat bare parts with whichever preferred texture paint, let set and remove mask by pealing or with heat, if it’s more like a wax.
We have requested something like this before , but the labor involved would raise cost 60-100$ and would also not be guaranteed to work because wax leaves oils the interfere with anodizing or powder finishing

Praying this turns out right after the long wait!
me too, they are production now, awaiting the final proto, it will come without the powder coating on the main grip for the two tone. we will have that done here locally. We are going to try another black chrome type as well before we decide on that.

Really what we are waiting for now is Shtokcustom worx to finish the design of the chassis and pcbs for the hilt.
Our goal is to have delivered well before celebration so they can be installed before then.

The blade kits we are close to finalizing and they will be real easy for end user to set up and at the lower end of the cost estimate stated in the OP with less work for the end user

me too, they are production now, awaiting the final proto, it will come without the powder coating on the main grip for the two tone. we will have that done here locally. We are going to try another black chrome type as well before we decide on that.

Really what we are waiting for now is Shtokcustom worx to finish the design of the chassis and pcbs for the hilt.
Our goal is to have delivered well before celebration so they can be installed before then.

The blade kits we are close to finalizing and they will be real easy for end user to set up and at the lower end of the cost estimate stated in the OP with less work for the end user

Hoping Devin knocks it out of the park on the blades. I also have a Master Sword blade on order through him as well!

Quick video above to show Saber Trades blade in action.
What you can not see is how wonderfully light weight the blade is.
It is also diffused so well that it only uses one led strip!!!
That means you can have a much longer run time than the standard saber blade

Attached is a picture of how much light there is in the garage where I did the test as well

Also, the battery I was using was low and near freezing so just imagine how bright and vibrant this is with a full charged battery

Attachments

• 6B8F8A09-27CB-4BF6-9646-E021F1BD475D.jpeg
    6B8F8A09-27CB-4BF6-9646-E021F1BD475D.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 235
"just imagine how bright and vibrant this is with a full charged battery....."

Wouldn't mind seeing it actually :hint:
Just brought in some cells to a warmer area to charge up, plus that testing ring is meant for the amperage of 5 led pcbs, going to make another testing rig. Likely wont see a different on camera with all the lights on, maybe, we'll see. As it is it is impressive what Devin has done with his years of research for this blade assembly.

The blade kits have not been sold yet.
We are making plenty though.
We will have more information on that soon.
We Are getting one more quote on the sets of blade parts as these are mostly made up of two pieces precisely glued together with flexible adhesive then treated.
We are planning on making the kits as easy to use meaning the only things you would have to do is place the decal, insert your led strip and wire The PCB for the diy kit.
Originally the kit that we were aiming at in the lower range originally quoted required the gluing and after joining treatment(ton of sanding and buffing)
We are sticking close to
That lower range hopefully and having that work already done for you all.

I gotta say….
This attempt looks great. The textured/dark look of the secondary tone on the grips looks spot on.
Only disadvantage The recessed areas of the main grip are more satin/flat compared to the high gloss of the rest of the parts.
I have asked the factory to try the last sample in flat black anodizing for us to decide to see if it could be more cohesive.
Then we can compare and see what combo looks best
Getting really excited!

Attachments

• 02C5BAE6-3B4B-4777-9915-80C66D524330.jpeg
    02C5BAE6-3B4B-4777-9915-80C66D524330.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 491

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back