S02 Mags - On Feet Thread!

lukebrynycz

Sr Member
....Just thought i'd create this for when you lot get them so you can all post in one thread for us to see. Best pic wins some Haribo.

Okay....Here we go...

Box got a little beat up...but its just a box. And it wasn't even part of the sales-pitch! And I took the show out, clicked the button and WOW- Lookin' GREAT!!!

Shoe #2...not so lucky. Clicked the button and barely got a little of the red lights. So I thought must be the battery. And I have to say replacing the battery was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Not that hard at all.

BUT- looks like the switch in this shoe is faulty. It only stays on while you're depressing it and as soon as you let go...no more lights. :unsure

Hmm. This seems to be a common issue. Changing the button will not be an easy task for those who don't know how to do it.

Let's see some video!!!!

I did try these on...and they're a bit tight on my US size 9 feet. No biggie though, I bet I'll only ever wear them about twice.

I must say they're impressive when lit, but I'm a little sad only one show STAYS lit. I believe I'm already the second person with this problem. I also think the color is GREAT. Colors are nice and bright.

Now for some quality issues though....

#1 is the faulty switch.
No clue how I would even begin to try and fix this, as I don't want to start tearing these apart.

#2 is the glue.
The rubber around the battery indicators on one shoe, isn't all that stuck in place and there's a sort of nasty brown glue spot next to it. Not sure if I can clean that up. And on the other shoe that's holding better, it's pulling the shoe form out quite a bit. There's also a pretty noticeable stain on the toe of the one shoe that looks like maybe glue or something spilled, and in the process of cleaning it up, there's a pretty easy to see change in color.

#3 is consistency.
I realize these are primarily handmade, so my criticisms here are few, but I'll still bring them up...The strap holders on the back are a little "wonky." One looks near perfect, while the other has a big flat spot in the center. The rubber around the battery indicators is a bit noticeably different from shoe to shoe as well as one is pretty rounded wear the other is a little too straight in the cuts. And lastly in this department is the lace "ribbing." One one shoe it's plain as day whereas the other's is a little less noticeable. But it IS there on both.

Now some more pictures...

In the end...I'd give them about a 3.5/5

If the switches both worked, a 4/5 easily. Lit up they look pretty awesome and my criticisms are scrutinizing...BUT we did pay a lot for these. And they're mostly up to par. A HELL of a lot cheaper than the real things!!! :)

I'll try video tomorrow!

I have to say that the "flat heel cup" is a common issue with these coming straight from Markpoon and there was nothing that S02 could do about this.

I am VERY surprised about the other issues. The ankle light glue/stretching issue is odd.

nice pics!

sorry to hear about the issues you've had. Im preparing myself to have the same issues with the switch, it seems consistent. Is the switch on the tongue of the shoe? Maybe a small discreet cut will give you access to the switch and you can replace it? shame, they look beautiful in your pics!

Am I the only person who has no idea where these came from? I haven't been following the relevant threads, where would I go about acquiring a pair?

Hey Sap nice review!!

But I have to say tho.. 2-3 issues you mention is not from my custom as some shoe comes like that from mark.. like the glue on the side and the strap holder flat side.. even one shoe from a pair the upper come totally out from the sole.. so yeah..

as for the switch I believe its affected by the way mark shoes was built.. when I un-picked it the sponge is actually glued on the white fabric so I believe glue stains might have affected the switch..

SOLUTION

To turn on or off, pls make sure the switch is at the ''off" position. Then manually pull out the switch outwards or flick it with your fingers from the inner side. Thus this will push the spring all the way to 'off' mode. If the switch is not at the "off" position, manually pull or flicking won't push / spring out to off mode as it will be locked at 'on' mode.

so if you cant 'on' and its only 'on' if pressed, it means its at the 'off' mode and the spring wont lock in place... so give it a wiggle or flick it to make the spring pushes out.

that's the quick solution and that will work.

SOLUTION

To turn on or off, pls make sure the switch is at the ''off" position. Then manually pull out the switch outwards or flick it with your fingers from the inner side. Thus this will push the spring all the way to 'off' mode. If the switch is not at the "off" position, manually pull or flicking won't push / spring out to off mode as it will be locked at 'on' mode.

so if you cant 'on' and its only 'on' if pressed, it means its at the 'off' mode and the spring wont lock in place... so give it a wiggle or flick it to make the spring pushes out.

that's the quick solution and that will work.

Thanks...I will try this tonight and report back! :thumbsup

I wear a US 9 in every brand of shoe I wear and these are way to tight for me to even wear for 10 minutes I tried wearing them around the house and my big toes went numb so there just going to sadly have to be display for me.....

I am sure you guys are getting sick of my MAGS but:

IMG_5726.jpg

IMG_5735.jpg

IMG_5650.jpg

well...
i really wanted to be amazed,specially as i was one of the ones that never doubted s02 and stuck up for him a few times,but im not too happy tbh.
BAD THINGS-
had to buy proper batterys as the ones in them had gone flat,prob coz of the switches used that work when they want to.(ok,a fiver for two duracels but i just paid 300 quid)
they feel like push to make switches ???
they should be push on push off surely?
the push it then keep flicking the ear part to switch it off works most of the time i guess but my finger nail isnt impressed.
the el strap on the left shoe stopped working almost immediately and now has to be wiggled for a bit to get it on then you just pray it stays on.
also left shoe started to switch on when foot down and off when lifting up which actually looked awesome but the right one wasnt doing it lol,and neither do the official ones.
this eventually stopped happening but the nike sticker is unstuck a bit now from wiggling.
bits of paint/glue overspill i can cope with tho i shouldnt have too really but given the amount of shoes made and the time it took then things like that are to be expected.
theres a small slash in the right foot heel cup for some reason which is hard to see unless your inspecting but its there.
both white tops are dirty.
i dont like the tounge at all,its crinkly and looks cheap.
GOOD PARTS-
they do look amazing and you cant tell the difference in these and the movie ones (which people in the uk compare them to as most dont know about the usa release)
they are comfy and are obviously a very small size 10us because im a size 8us and they are a sweet fit so anyone buying with big feet take notice,these are not a 10,more a 8.5us id say.
DSC_0008.jpg

2012-03-29221626.jpg

The slightly annoying thing is that I sent the judco switch link before these were made and they are simply made for these Mag conversions. They are perfect and super reliable.. :confused

reading that back i sound like a moaning b*tch which i apologize for but im just a bit down about it.
if i was to wear these out id constantly have to keep looking down to make sure there still lit up which tbh would look a bit too "look at my shoes" if you get me.
if they hadnt taken so long to get to me i would send them back for a replacement for ones that work 100% but i dont want to risk it not working out and ending up with no shoes and a refund,id rather keep these then at least ive got something.
ive just bought another car (drives getting full lol) for the price of a official pair and even tho my gf would of shouted even more than she did when i bought that,maybe i should of bought a pair of mags lol.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back