S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent/Hawkeye inspired

If it were me I'd do it as a fitted black tshirt. To add the colour you could either cut the shape out and sew in purple, cut it out and wear the purple underneath as another layer or stitch the purple on.
Keep it simple and dress it up with the gear.

The group's coming together well, there's me in my Hawkeye-ish gear, two others are planning to do the whole agent in a suit thing and we have an Agents of SHIELD inspired scientist. Our con deadline is mid April.

Mid April? That is almost perfect for the North America release of Captain America 2. If the release date is about that time in Australia, your team could have a second appearance.

If it were me I'd do it as a fitted black tshirt. To add the colour you could either cut the shape out and sew in purple, cut it out and wear the purple underneath as another layer or stitch the purple on.
Keep it simple and dress it up with the gear.

Eh, I can do better than that. My love handles notwithstanding, I'm trying to avoid the spandex look. Something more like a running or tech hoodie. Closest example I could find: hoodie-dis-tech-backcollar.jpg
The emblem will be iron/glued and stitched on with some cool textured fabric, just gotta find one I like.

Mid April? That is almost perfect for the North America release of Captain America 2. If the release date is about that time in Australia, your team could have a second appearance.

We're usually within a few days of you guys for release so I do have my fingers crossed that I can convince them. Although the group is scattered across the state so we probably won't get to go together, but that doesn't stop us from suiting up and going separately.

I'm hoping it will be one of those easy to grab costumes that we can all pull out of the cupboard as needed so there should be many convention and Avengers related outings for us :D

Eh, I can do better than that. My love handles notwithstanding, I'm trying to avoid the spandex look. Something more like a running or tech hoodie. Closest example I could find: View attachment 279921
The emblem will be iron/glued and stitched on with some cool textured fabric, just gotta find one I like.

Perhaps go back to looking at the Avengers suit, ignore the texture of it and just look at how the colour is attached and replicate it to your jacket.

Sounds good in theory. Might be a tad beyond my skill level.
That's why the original idea was to find a good base and add things, like the logo, to it.

Champion in Target? Great find! Must be much cheaper than the screen used Blackhawk jacket.

Are you going to used the old style SHIELD eagle in PVC rubber?
All I have found is embroidered and only one side.... Since the Eagle should always face forward.

I make silicone shield patches. My etsy is GathGwynDesigns, but as I'm in my first weekend of three cons in a row, my shop is on vacay until march.

I ended up modifying a tactical glove for Hawkeye's SHIELD shooting glove:

http://www.therpf.com/f78/hawkeye-s...s-2012-dragoncon-2013-pic-184943/#post2966562

If I had it to do over, I'd probably try and use some wooly nylon or elastic thread for the handwork, as DH did manage to pop a few stitches during the course of the day at con.

Fabric glue might work, but I haven't had much luck in the past with my uniform patches staying put (one of the reasons I learned to sew them on), and they didn't get as much wear as the shooting glove does.

We found a neoprene wrist support brace that we used for the extended portion of the glove.

Hope this helps!

Picking up my older cosplay projects... starting with this one since it should have been finished ages ago! It will be done for Melbourne Armageddon and will be mys econd costume if I do two days.

Jacket is done and looks fantastic with aeryn's patches on it. Lots of fun to wear out and about and see who recognises it.

Vest and pants are waiting for a friend to help me out. I've finally started sewing but I am such a rookie I decided to pass these on to her. Both need a bit of refitting and the pants need a new zip, it broke the very first time I tried them on.

I've got a SHIELD badge for when I'm using it as an agent build, but I'm also pulling together the Hawkeye elements now. I've been shooting with the armguard for months so I'm finally tackling the glove.
I ordered this one to use as a base:

As you can see it's a bit too big. I've got a second, smaller one on the way which will hopefully save me having to radically alter this one to correct the fit. Then I'll need to remove the thumb, build up the wrist and add a few details. It needs to remain a functional glove to shoot with though so I'm willing to sacrifice perfect accuracy for that.

And thanks for the link andveryginger, your stuff looks great! I might have to attempt that quiver next and your glove tips will be very helpful :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back