Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

johncarbon1991 if you wouldn't mind could you take some pictures of your collar in the up position. And do you still like the stiffener added to the collar?
With it being the dead of summer, my coat's currently in storage, so no pics offhand of the up collar. I can snap some closer to fall. I like the stiffener as it helps the collar hold its shape in the back where there aren't magnets installed.

As a general warning to members here, be wary of sharing your modded coat pics, at least non-anonymously--I sent Soul Revolver a lengthy email when my coat was finished, explaining all the changes and how if they incorporated them stock I'd love to buy another jacket from them, and their response was to ban my email from their site. Their sales rep was perfectly nice and suggested I reach out to SeAnn (who I sent the modded coat pics to in the first place) and they've entirely ghosted me after three separate emails. The only conclusion I can draw is they don't want the business of anyone who dares to criticize their stuff, which is a shame as their craftsmanship is otherwise solid. I'd really hoped to grab another of their leather jackets this summer for daily wear :/

I won't tell anyone where to bring their business, but I sincerely hope Jameel Ur can get the wax fabric right, given that he's altered and improved his pattern every time he's gotten feedback. I'd sooner support a business that's constantly trying to improve than one that handles criticism by blocking their customers. Just my two cents.

With it being the dead of summer, my coat's currently in storage, so no pics offhand of the up collar. I can snap some closer to fall. I like the stiffener as it helps the collar hold its shape in the back where there aren't magnets installed.

As a general warning to members here, be wary of sharing your modded coat pics, at least non-anonymously--I sent Soul Revolver a lengthy email when my coat was finished, explaining all the changes and how if they incorporated them stock I'd love to buy another jacket from them, and their response was to ban my email from their site. Their sales rep was perfectly nice and suggested I reach out to SeAnn (who I sent the modded coat pics to in the first place) and they've entirely ghosted me after three separate emails. The only conclusion I can draw is they don't want the business of anyone who dares to criticize their stuff, which is a shame as their craftsmanship is otherwise solid. I'd really hoped to grab another of their leather jackets this summer for daily wear :/

I won't tell anyone where to bring their business, but I sincerely hope Jameel Ur can get the wax fabric right, given that he's altered and improved his pattern every time he's gotten feedback. I'd sooner support a business that's constantly trying to improve than one that handles criticism by blocking their customers. Just my two cents.
Well said. Agree 100%. It's also worth noting that, although shifting the collar goes a long way and definitely crucial, SR's collar shape/dimensions remains incorrect/inaccurate. They will never amend this. Bearing in mind the litany of inaccuracies and the intolerable mistreatment of paying customers that you mention...to say it plainly, screw them.

Last edited:
I am Kall, the designer at Soul Revolver. I guess I made this account a while ago!

I felt I wanted to speak up after the recent comments and to make a reply if that is ok. I hope it is not too long winded but I feel it is an important issue to address.

Firstly, with johncarbon1991. I know who you are so I can address your issue here discreetly, instead of by email. As I mentioned to you, I do not deal with the website, SeAnn manages the site for me and I have complete confidence and trust in her handing of everything. She is one of the main reasons why we have great reviews, we deal with each customer individually as in we email them to check sizing and will help with any issues post order too, no matter how long in the future that is.

I had spoken with her about your emails. There are 126 emails going back and forth. As the emails went on, they were becoming too much for her. I will not go into detail here. She would open her email client, dreading to see another email from you which was making her very unhappy and that is not why she works for me. She is there to help customers but also to be treated decently and not be harassed. Sorry if this is not what you want to hear but it is what it is. She told me she wanted to quit her job over this but she continued to reply because she wanted to make you happy. It just became too much. She was not once rude to you, or short, but continued to try to help. I hope readers here can understand that. It is not about criticism of a coat but the mental health of my employee. No hard feelings to you personally, I know you are passionate about the coat and I thank you for buying one of mine.

I don't have an issue with criticism of my Blade Runner, I understand the reasons here and have no problem with a customer deciding to buy elsewhere or make their own, its all good. But after the recent comments, I am here to make it clear, we are not intolerable and we do not mistreat customers. I hope this example of 126 emails shows that we give customers all our time to help them make a difficult online clothing purchase. We have many email strings with many customers asking lots of questions and SeAnn takes care of all of these. We have all the time in the world for our customers. I moved production to Italy because I believe in selling a high quality product but a company is nothing if the service is not at that same level.

In 2005, I started on the Fight Club and Mayhem replica jackets. There were many comments and criticisms of my first attempts on the filmjackets forum. I worked with the forum community there to improve and correct the jackets until they were just right. I have no problem with criticism because together we made accurate replicas and I will never forget their help.

Looking around on the forum, I think Mechanismos coat looks very nice. Also, the LAPD label is a nice touch John. I might have to add that ;)

If anyone is interested, I will look at adding a line of magnets to my version for the body closure as I see these on the original. The collar might be a little tricky, I get the comments here but I have to make this for a wide range of head/neck shapes, not just for an individual, so its a tricky one to alter too much. Customer feedback is good and returns are low so we have to be careful not to mess too much with this. Regarding the fur - I use shearling for the durability and the colour. I have seen it mentioned here how the fake fur does not hold up which is an important factor and rules out a lot of options, probably even the original fake fur material for durability. I will see whats out there and also experiment with some treatments on the current shearling in the laboratory to see if I can break it up a little. I am busy with new projects and a new website so I am not sure when but I always strive to make improvements where I can. We are not a stubborn company, we embrace the comments and suggestion which help improve the product.

Anyway, there you go. As a huge fan of Blade Runner 2049 (and the original), it is great to see how you are all keeping this coat and movie alive here.

Cheers,

Kall

I am Kall, the designer at Soul Revolver. I guess I made this account a while ago!

I felt I wanted to speak up after the recent comments and to make a reply if that is ok. I hope it is not too long winded but I feel it is an important issue to address.

Firstly, with johncarbon1991. I know who you are so I can address your issue here discreetly, instead of by email. As I mentioned to you, I do not deal with the website, SeAnn manages the site for me and I have complete confidence and trust in her handing of everything. She is one of the main reasons why we have great reviews, we deal with each customer individually as in we email them to check sizing and will help with any issues post order too, no matter how long in the future that is.

I had spoken with her about your emails. There are 126 emails going back and forth. As the emails went on, they were becoming too much for her. I will not go into detail here. She would open her email client, dreading to see another email from you which was making her very unhappy and that is not why she works for me. She is there to help customers but also to be treated decently and not be harassed. Sorry if this is not what you want to hear but it is what it is. She told me she wanted to quit her job over this but she continued to reply because she wanted to make you happy. It just became too much. She was not once rude to you, or short, but continued to try to help. I hope readers here can understand that. It is not about criticism of a coat but the mental health of my employee. No hard feelings to you personally, I know you are passionate about the coat and I thank you for buying one of mine.

I don't have an issue with criticism of my Blade Runner, I understand the reasons here and have no problem with a customer deciding to buy elsewhere or make their own, its all good. But after the recent comments, I am here to make it clear, we are not intolerable and we do not mistreat customers. I hope this example of 126 emails shows that we give customers all our time to help them make a difficult online clothing purchase. We have many email strings with many customers asking lots of questions and SeAnn takes care of all of these. We have all the time in the world for our customers. I moved production to Italy because I believe in selling a high quality product but a company is nothing if the service is not at that same level.

In 2005, I started on the Fight Club and Mayhem replica jackets. There were many comments and criticisms of my first attempts on the filmjackets forum. I worked with the forum community there to improve and correct the jackets until they were just right. I have no problem with criticism because together we made accurate replicas and I will never forget their help.

Looking around on the forum, I think Mechanismos coat looks very nice. Also, the LAPD label is a nice touch John. I might have to add that ;)

If anyone is interested, I will look at adding a line of magnets to my version for the body closure as I see these on the original. The collar might be a little tricky, I get the comments here but I have to make this for a wide range of head/neck shapes, not just for an individual, so its a tricky one to alter too much. Customer feedback is good and returns are low so we have to be careful not to mess too much with this. Regarding the fur - I use shearling for the durability and the colour. I have seen it mentioned here how the fake fur does not hold up which is an important factor and rules out a lot of options, probably even the original fake fur material for durability. I will see whats out there and also experiment with some treatments on the current shearling in the laboratory to see if I can break it up a little. I am busy with new projects and a new website so I am not sure when but I always strive to make improvements where I can. We are not a stubborn company, we embrace the comments and suggestion which help improve the product.

Anyway, there you go. As a huge fan of Blade Runner 2049 (and the original), it is great to see how you are all keeping this coat and movie alive here.

Cheers,

Kall
I mean, I'm sorry about SeAnn--genuinely, and it was never my intention to cause her distress by asking her questions about one of your most expensive garments--but not one bit of what you've said changes any of my impression here. If you had an instant chat feature it would probably be less emails back and forth. But you did block my account, you never offered any explanation for it until I posted about it publicly, and not one of the changes or alterations have been made in over a year and change of talking about this coat. I've never accused you of being rude--in fact, you were always very polite in exchanges, both you and SeAnn, and as I've said, your construction and quality is top-notch--but none of that changes my experience as a customer. You made it clear, you don't want my business, and I've been accepted that. But given the lengths Shahrooz and I went to to alter these coats, and even show all those alterations so they could be improved, along with Mechanismo and his extensive research, it doesn't set a great example for your other customers, current and prospective. Most people will be fine ordering from you--probably, anyway--but this was my experience, and others can judge based on that. I don't think any of that's unfair.

For now, I'll drop this, as I don't want this thread to be derailed by this--the focus should be K's wardrobe, not the experience ordering from one company.

I mean, I'm sorry about SeAnn--genuinely, and it was never my intention to cause her distress by asking her questions about one of your most expensive garments--but not one bit of what you've said changes any of my impression here. If you had an instant chat feature it would probably be less emails back and forth. But you did block my account, you never offered any explanation for it until I posted about it publicly, and not one of the changes or alterations have been made in over a year and change of talking about this coat. I've never accused you of being rude--in fact, you were always very polite in exchanges, both you and SeAnn, and as I've said, your construction and quality is top-notch--but none of that changes my experience as a customer. You made it clear, you don't want my business, and I've been accepted that. But given the lengths Shahrooz and I went to to alter these coats, and even show all those alterations so they could be improved, along with Mechanismo and his extensive research, it doesn't set a great example for your other customers, current and prospective. Most people will be fine ordering from you--probably, anyway--but this was my experience, and others can judge based on that. I don't think any of that's unfair.

For now, I'll drop this, as I don't want this thread to be derailed by this--the focus should be K's wardrobe, not the experience ordering from one compa

Just to be crystal clear - SeAnn spends a lot of time answering questions with customers. You were not simply emailing her questions. I saw them, they were rude, demanding and bullying. SeAnn has been working for me for 14 years and I have never seen her act this way before. She decided to let it go, which is probably why she did not bring it up with you, as to not upset you further. You can own up to that or not mate.

Cheers,

Kall
[EDITED with more visual examples]

Hi Kall Lyrion

It’s always nice to get an open line of communication with coat providers. It’s absolutely a win-win for everyone involved. I think Soul Revolver has brought a lot of things to the table, namely your very impressive construction, material and finish.

For what it's worth, as someone who’s researched the coat quite a bit (and performed many custom alterations on a WSL), without delving into the minutia of other issues (like the sleeves, shoulder panels or shearling), I believe there are a couple of basic things that Soul Revolver could do to immediately increase the screen accuracy of your coat (and also spare customers the added expense of having to alter these aspects post-sale).

Collar placement. An enormous part of the coat’s distinct, smart look is how the short end of the collar is almost flush with the side of the neck. Soul Revolver (as well as other providers) incorrectly and unnecessarily overextend the collar in this area. The collar edge should be one inch past the shoulder panel.

1655811875012.png

Example of a Soul Revolver coat with altered/shifted per the specs described above:

1656342620274.png

1655891385096.png

Shahrooz 's altered Soul Revolver with correct positioning:

1655891927312.png

johncarbon1991 's alteration with correct collar placing.

1656342235712.png

Other examples of correct collar placement:

1655812904804.png

1655815062700.png

Collar shape/size: the screen accurate collar is tapered and has some curvature. I.e. it’s not a rectangular piece. This also goes a long way to get the collar to sit around the neck and shoulders correctly and, crucially, achieve that slight 'funnel' shape when the collar is propped up. I was provided with some Soul Revolver measurements of a coat roughly my size, so I came up with this measurement diagram comparison:
1655813189068.png

1655813417064.png

1655891110209.png

This film still shows that slight taper, i.e. how the area behind the neck is wider than at the sides. Although it’s subtle, it’s an important design element that should be taken into account IMO.

1655814320034.png

As mentioned, there are other areas where there is also room for improvement and buried in previous posts, but I’ll be happy to send along these observations if you’re interested.

Lastly, these are just my observations. I'm not saying that these measurements are 100% screen accurate by any means... But it is a step in the right direction, bearing in mind the visual evidence at our disposal. The collar of this coat is a beast and I'm sure there are many things to be discovered yet... Hopefully someone will be able to get their hands on one of the screen coats someday...

Thanks again and welcome to the discussion!

Attachments

• 1655815250783.png
    1655815250783.png
    283.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 1655812053286.png
    1655812053286.png
    325.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 1655891064381.png
    1655891064381.png
    434.3 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Thank you Mechanismo for the welcome and the notes/illustrations, very helpful for the collar placement alteration.

Yes, I would be grateful if you would send across important information and observations from the previous posts if you have it, thank you. I will start with the collar & lapels, the magnets used for closure on the body of the coat and shearling/fake fur (this last one is dependant on quality/durability).

Thank you Mechanismo for the welcome and the notes/illustrations, very helpful for the collar placement alteration.

Yes, I would be grateful if you would send across important information and observations from the previous posts if you have it, thank you. I will start with the collar & lapels, the magnets used for closure on the body of the coat and shearling/fake fur (this last one is dependant on quality/durability).
Terrific! I'll PM you so as to not repost/rehash a lot of aspects that have been covered previously.

Hello friends,
I thought may you like our new coat, it's waxed cotton fabric instead coated cotton. It's slightly stiff fabric, like trucker jacket images.
View attachment 1590218View attachment 1590219
View attachment 1590220View attachment 1590221

View attachment 1590226
That's looking very impressive, Jameel!
Request: is there any way you can arrange the rear and long side of the collar in a slightly "tidier" fashion to get a better sense of how it sits on the coat? Like this:
1655928720571.png

Thanks!

I disagree about your piping theory, have a look at these images, without any piping.
View attachment 1590593View attachment 1590594
View attachment 1590595
Jameel, if you look at the last posts were I mentioned any of this, I specifically say "piping (or piping effect)." In any event, that 'piping effect' was missing on previous incarnations of your coat, so it's been worth the discussion and analysis to reinforce this visual aspect of the coat. With all that said, it's looking great!

You are right I forgot previuse discussion when wrote last post.
I saw Shehroze altration coat images with piping, although his master done big job/ hard job to insert piping on shoulders.
I think Shahrooz and John used actual piping on their SRs because their tailors saw this as the best available option, given the material, to achieve the best SA look. It turned out very nicely too.

I will also gladly buy a 2nd coat from you if you were to update the design
If SR implement the above changes - I will buy another coat from them; without hesitation. So there you go.. SR.. you can get multiple sales if you implement the above...... just saying...:)
Same here!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back