Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

Well, because I'm obviously a glutton for punishment, I've reached out to no less than 7 custom manufacturers in the hopes of getting a new inside tag made for my jacket. For reference, the stock Soul Revolver tag is an embroidered leather patch about 2.75 inches high by 3.75 inches wide. Given the thickness of it, I think an embroidered patch is the way to go rather than a thin clothing tag. Most patch makers won't touch this because they require a minimum order as high as 50 units, and this is obviously getting super niche.

Last Exit To Nowhere makes these, and from what I can tell they're the ONLY licensed Blade Runner 2049 patches on the market:

The sizing isn't perfect (you might see some stitch holes) but the color is striking and that almost makes me tempted to just pull the trigger on it.

There's also this, which is a fun piece, and closer to the right SR tag size:

Finally, I did manage to find an embroidery maker that will make the LAPD text design as a smaller run. I'm including the sample mock-up as an attachment. I managed to find an artist that makes K ID cards to commission for an illustrator file. That's the good news. The less good news is the Japanese characters are tiny; so tiny that they can only be printed. So the caveat here is this: I can either do a printed tag with the full LAPD text, with the los angeles police department under it in English and Japanese, or I can do an embroidered tag with just the big LAPD letters. Shahrooz , mtortori65 , if either of you, or anyone else, have input then I'm all ears. For the custom LAPD patches it'd be easy enough to do a small batch of them if anyone wanted them for their jackets, and easy enough to resize if you wanted them for a different brand coat.

Attachments

• tHo6WJAhOrEWFQNNfAhDeb9EcwlbZGT9Vs_CtGd1Q5Y.jpg
    tHo6WJAhOrEWFQNNfAhDeb9EcwlbZGT9Vs_CtGd1Q5Y.jpg
    561.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Just got the mockup back after some work between a graphic designer and a dye sublimation patch shop. This'll be going on the inside of my SR coat where the original tag was. Bumped up the width and height by 0.25 inches so the stitch lines should be well hidden. For anyone unfamiliar with the design, the text was cribbed from K's police clipboard, so the serial numbers are accurate to the film.

Attachments

• icm_fullxfull.436412417_ca012ipg91wsko8ks040.jpg
    icm_fullxfull.436412417_ca012ipg91wsko8ks040.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 118
  • icic66j37jo21.jpg
    icic66j37jo21.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 124
Hello friends,
I need your advise or suggestion on my Blade runner Deckard coat thread.
Please take a look at this thread "Rick Deckard Blade Runner 1982 Trench Coat By ELS"

Thanks

Friends

Sorry about the long delay. Its finally done...whew! This has certainly been a team effort with many friends here chiming in and providing advice and helping out. I feel like we've taken a good starting point and made it greater and I'm very pleased with the results Special thanks go out to Mechanismo for his tireless efforts and assistance in pushing this project over the finish line. At any rate, the shearling looks good but the ultimate goal is to find real shearling eventually that looks similar to the movie material. These faux shearling products wont last long but at least it looks SA and good on the coat.

Attachments

• IMG-20220517-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20220517-WA0003.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG-20220517-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20220517-WA0002.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG-20220517-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20220517-WA0004.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG-20220517-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20220517-WA0005.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 328
Friends

Sorry about the long delay. Its finally done...whew! This has certainly been a team effort with many friends here chiming in and providing advice and helping out. I feel like we've taken a good starting point and made it greater and I'm very pleased with the results Special thanks go out to Mechanismo for his tireless efforts and assistance in pushing this project over the finish line. At any rate, the shearling looks good but the ultimate goal is to find real shearling eventually that looks similar to the movie material. These faux shearling products wont last long but at least it looks SA and good on the coat.
Congrats, Shahrooz! It's been a rocky road, but the coat looks fantastic. The tailor really did a great job in addressing the initial puckering/warping issues with that first attempt. Like with johncarbon1991 's coat, that piping looks very smart. The shearling also looks great. It'll darken over time or can even be treated with light, diluted shoe polish. Now all you have to do is wait for winter to come around again! haha

apologies, comment removed due to replying to far older portion of the thread. I can see the very complete coat shown at the end of the thread. Noob error.

Last edited:
Friends

Looking so good! Well worth all the effort.

Temperatures have been dropping here in Asutralia and I have finally pulled the SR out of the cupboard and started wearing it. Love it. But it will soon be getting the same treatment as yours :)

so now that my SR is done and ready and we have some time before the weather turns here in California, it's time to turn to my WSL. This coat was painstakingly made per Mechanismo 's instructions and blue print. We have also added buckram. We're finally ready to turn to the fabric treatment. The big decision is: wax or some other treatment? I am inclined to try out some acrylic material but yet have trepidations that it may ruin the coat. Will check out some specialty art supply stores here in LA to see what the pros think.

Just received my SR last week and all I can say is WOW. The quality is amazing, I don't mind the shearling even though it feels like carpet:rolleyes:. It's 90 degrees here in NYC so i've been wearing it in the AC at home bc I like it so much, it exceeded my expectations. Will do some alterations like the collar shift, magnets and shoulder pads. Playing around with magnet placement to have the long side of the collar fall like it does in the movie. Will let you guys know if I come up with anything good.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back