Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

Can you make extra photos? Thanks

In my opinion, this is the coolest sweater from the Agent K wardrobe.
I was lucky to find a medium size. I think this is exactly the size that Ryan Gosling's character wears in the film.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Several photos from the shooting

45751596-763092717364848-5444352560758521856-n.png

50951989-816169928723793-2292945196654002176-n.jpg

Feel free to write me if you have any question or offer!

Availible in Junkyard click!

Thanks.

Last edited:
Folks

Finally found some faux shearling that seems promising. Will post some pics tomorrow but if my tailor approves of the quality (he rejected the fabric from JoAnn's and one type of shannon fabric for being too soft and not suitable as collar material), I think we'll proceed with the alterations on my SR long coat, including i) the collar shift up, ii) the shearling replacement and iii) the installation of additional magnets in the front and under the lapel.

How did you confirm that?
About them I was given information by a person who worked as a clothing stylist in the film.

I also checked it carefully afterwards, and there is a peculiarity in these pants that I have not seen in any other. But it is not important. For the reason described above)

Folks

Finally found some faux shearling that seems promising. Will post some pics tomorrow but if my tailor approves of the quality (he rejected the fabric from JoAnn's and one type of shannon fabric for being too soft and not suitable as collar material), I think we'll proceed with the alterations on my SR long coat, including i) the collar shift up, ii) the shearling replacement and iii) the installation of additional magnets in the front and under the lapel.
Sounds great, can I ask where you found the shearling?

About them I was given information by a person who worked as a clothing stylist in the film.

I also checked it carefully afterwards, and there is a peculiarity in these pants that I have not seen in any other. But it is not important. For the reason described above)
Did you ask about the T-shirt?

Here it is. From a texture, drape and durability perspective, this is the best I've found so far. There was a better color match but the material was too soft and fragile. I'm curious to see what my tailor says. The interesting thing about this material is that it is double sided, resulting in more volume when sewn in (so that it's not too flat). While the actual material on SR's current collar & lapel is superior, this feels better, is lighter and above all, doesn't look like late 80s hotel carpet.

Attachments

• 20210908_083236.jpg
    20210908_083236.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 80
  • 20210908_083310.jpg
    20210908_083310.jpg
    862.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 20210908_083320.jpg
    20210908_083320.jpg
    969.4 KB · Views: 78
Here it is. From a texture, drape and durability perspective, this is the best I've found so far. There was a better color match but the material was too soft and fragile. I'm curious to see what my tailor says. The interesting thing about this material is that it is double sided, resulting in more volume when sewn in (so that it's not too flat). While the actual material on SR's current collar & lapel is superior, this feels better, is lighter and above all, doesn't look like late 80s hotel carpet.
Oh man, this looks great. Would you be able to share the Etsy link at some point? It's not easy to source this quality of shearling, I've been looking for months. I did purchase a H&M faux shearling coat to deconstruct but I haven't taken the plunge yet due to all the great activity on this forum. Was considering selling my SR but I'm not sure now due to possibly sourcing a good alternative to the shearling issue.

I think the color is the least important of the factors. Like you said the texture and drape- basically the look of it are what matters.
There are formulas in this or zlurpos thread about using dye to get the shearling color closer. I am not sure faux shearling can be dyed but if it can, I would try to color match before tailoring/sewing it in just so you are sure. You guys changing up the SR are going to have awesome coats

Have you seen this over in egons Deckard thread Rick Deckard Blade Runner 1982 - Soup to Nuts!

Oh man, this looks great. Would you be able to share the Etsy link at some point? It's not easy to source this quality of shearling, I've been looking for months. I did purchase a H&M faux shearling coat to deconstruct but I haven't taken the plunge yet due to all the great activity on this forum. Was considering selling my SR but I'm not sure now due to possibly sourcing a good alternative to the shearling issue.
I'm glad you held off. I think I even discussed that with you privately so happy to hear that you waited. I ran the idea of deconstruction by my tailor and they told me that it is a pain in the neck to deconstruct and reconstruct using that material but it is doable if all else fails. I agree that it is not easy to source the material and it took me a month to find this. will be happy to share but want to be sure it is suitable first so I dont cause anyone purchasing this for no good reason.

I'm glad you held off. I think I even discussed that with you privately so happy to hear that you waited. I ran the idea of deconstruction by my tailor and they told me that it is a pain in the neck to deconstruct and reconstruct using that material but it is doable if all else fails. I agree that it is not easy to source the material and it took me a month to find this. will be happy to share but want to be sure it is suitable first so I dont cause anyone purchasing this for no good reason.
Absolutely, thanks so much

Just a thought while working today, but I wonder if a shearling blanket may offer a higher quality than fabric by the yard (huge generalizing) but may be worth a shot.
Hello Egon

You certainly know more about fabrics than I do and I suspect than many of our friends here in the forum but my concern is that a shearling blanket is too soft in material for everyday wear and tear. I will ask my tailor about that as well as I think it could be a great idea.

Just a thought while working today, but I wonder if a shearling blanket may offer a higher quality than fabric by the yard (huge generalizing) but may be worth a shot.
Follow up question for you, Egon. Where did you source the shearling on your Deckard coat? if you dont mind us asking. is that for the deckard coat or the Officer K?

Oh just from Joann. Just some quick fabrics to try to understand how to get the shearling properly installed without a mitered corner or edges etc. going to use the rest to make some mittens for burnishing leather projects after dying them

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back