Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

They are very true to size I would says since they are quite a tight fit that those would not fit properly. The zip is fine just needs to be broken in but yeah true to size.
Agreed-they are also the comfiest boots I have EVER worn, just wish I could have bought 2-3 more pairs before they got too "collectable" to get me through the next 10 years or so, just love em!

Ahoy there everyone!

This is my first post! I hope all of you are doing well coping with the Covid19 shutdowns. We’ll get through this, hang in there!

**MODIFIED WHITE SHEEP LEATHER OFFICER K COAT

I’ve been following this thread for a few months when I decided to purchase and Officer K coat. Eventually I did, from White Sheep Leather.

I’ve done several modifications to the coat itself and I wanted to share it with all of you.

First off, I’d just like to say that WSL is offering a top-notch coat in terms of quality and craftmanship. It’s hefty, folks. Some real weight to it. The cut, patterns the padding on the shoulders, etc. are also very close to being SA. On the downside, I’d say the faux shearling their sourcing looks more like faux fur. Also on the negative side, is the collar’s positioning. As is, it extends too far on the shorter side and it’s prone to drooping. One of the characteristic things about K's film coat is how that collar is short and upright. Finally, when extended, the collar doesn’t wrap around the head as it should. It’s still a tad tight.

Anyway, on to the modifications:

-Repositioning of the collar: I had a tailor move/shift the collar around 2 inches (5 cm) to the right (when facing the coat). This, to me, is one of the most important things an Officer K coat must get right. The result? That characteristic, shorter upright collar just to the side of the face. Spot on.

-I had a tailor add 4 hidden snaps. This makes the coat far more practical to wear whenever.

-I used some hair clippers to “shave” the faux fur (it was way too shaggy, it looked like wolf fur from Game of Thrones or something). Ultimately, I shaved it down to 1/4 inch (6mm). There are pros and cons to this. Pros: the shearling length is now more SA. Cons: It shaved off the lighter parts and the overall look is a bit too dark now. (That said, if I ever com across some shearling that looks good, I can replace altogether).

-I waxed the coat myself using Barbour wax. This was kind of a pain in the ass to do, but it really gives the coat character and that nice sheen.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts!

All the best,
Sebastian
ba1.JPG

ba2.JPG

IMG_20200318_181842.jpg

IMG_20200318_181558.jpg

IMG_20200318_181703.jpg

IMG_20200318_181926.jpg

IMG_20200318_182125.jpg

IMG_20200318_195543.jpg

IMG_20200307_163554.jpg

IMG_20200307_122852.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200318_181926.jpg
    IMG_20200318_181926.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 215
Hey guys, all this coat talk is making me want to try again. I haven't researched this in a while. Who has the best screen-accurate coat version out there now? I saw Soul Revolver's version and it looks ok. I really like their short jacket concept. So who's making the best version now?

Hey guys, all this coat talk is making me want to try again. I haven't researched this in a while. Who has the best screen-accurate coat version out there now? I saw Soul Revolver's version and it looks ok. I really like their short jacket concept. So who's making the best version now?

Soul Revolver's coat certainly looks impressively put together. It's a pity there aren't a lot of photos of that one floating around. The only thing I would nitpick (and this goes for virtually every K coat out there) is the shearling. But no coat-maker one has truly cracked that one yet, IMO.

The coat I find to be way off in terms of price/accuracy ratio is Magnoli. (Note: I'm basing myself on their website photos). I see three main issues:

-The shoulders are missing the SA padding, added to the fact that there's an very non-SA seam running down the center of the shoulder. That should be one piece/one panel (like with WSL, Zurlpo, Soul Revolver).

-The collar. The short side shouldn't extend around as much (and hang down) to the front, which renders it floppy in the process. Then, on the long side, it's too short. (This issue can be fixed by shifting the collar about an inch and a half to the right. Posted above is how I addressed this same issue with my WSL coat).

-The lapels are noticeably more narrow than the film coat.

As is, off the rack as it were, Zurplo and Soul Revolver certainly looks the best, especially regarding the collar/lapels accuracy. Barring that, I think a modified WSL might be the best coat in terms of price/quality.

Last edited:
Soul Revolver's coat certainly looks impressively put together. It's a pity there aren't a lot of photos of that one floating around. The only thing I would nitpick (and this goes for virtually every K coat out there) is the shearling. But no coat-maker one has truly cracked that one yet, IMO.

The coat I find to be way off in terms of price/accuracy ratio is Magnoli. (Note: I'm basing myself on their website photos). I see three main issues:

-The shoulders are missing the SA padding, added to the fact that there's an very non-SA seam running down the center of the shoulder. That should be one piece/one panel (like with WSL, Zurlpo, Soul Revolver).

-The collar. The short side shouldn't extend around as much (and hang down) to the front, which renders it floppy in the process. Then, on the long side, it's too short. (This issue can be fixed by shifting the collar about an inch and a half to the right. Posted above is how I addressed this same issue with my WSL coat).

-The lapels are noticeably more narrow than the film coat.

As is, off the rack as it were, Zurplo and Soul Revolver certainly looks the best, especially regarding the collar/lapels accuracy. Barring that, I think a modified WSL might be the best coat in terms of price/quality.
Hi, can you tell me where to find the Zurlpo version of the jacket? I've tried a search but nothings coming up???

Hi, can you tell me where to find the Zurlpo version of the jacket? I've tried a search but nothings coming up???

I'm not 100% sure, but if you search this thread thoroughly, I'm sure you'll track it down. I think it was being sold on Etsy for a time and I believe the name he's using as his brand is "Big Effect Props." Hope that helps!

I'm not 100% sure, but if you search this thread thoroughly, I'm sure you'll track it down. I think it was being sold on Etsy for a time and I believe the name he's using as his brand is "Big Effect Props." Hope that helps!

Yep! - Mechanismo is correct, you can find it on etsy by searching for Dystopian Cop Coat

WOW!! Best replica i've seen, where did you get your coat from??

This isn't the soul revolver one, is it... ? Shearling looks a lot different to the photo on their website ...

Indeed. I was going to say the same thing. Is it really a Soul Revolver coat, I wonder?

I agree with pretty much with what's been said here in regards to matchless. Until proven wrong or right, there's really no telling who's done what etc. We can only say for sure Renée April designed the custom and had 15 (sorry if I'm wrong) pieces made for production. However, I was curious enough to reach out to matchless and confront them with said claims. I doubt I'll ever get a response but you never know. I'll keep you guys posted.

The only thing that doesn't add up about the whole Matchless angle is the fact that April underlined how she sourced the faux fleece for five bucks a yard/meter as if boasting about what a killer deal she got... If she were merely outsourcing the gig to Matchless, it would be odd for her to say such a thing... That said, it all points towards the coats being made inhouse. As far as the 5 buck per yard sherpa shearling, here's one I sourced in the UK... Could have been these guys... who knows? I will say this, the sheering texture appears to be a very close match:

sherpa gold.JPG

I finally but the bullet and purchased the Soul Revolver coat, and I have to say it is fantastic.

A few differences I noticed:
The collar is higher and the lapels are wider. The rounded shoulder detail is slightly more accurate than Magnoli. The printing on the back is darker. The cotton is a shinier waxed cotton. The quilting covers the entire interior. It only has two magnets total and the three stitches that hold the left-side collar to the lapel is replaced with what looks like a piece of fabric sown in, bridging the two parts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back