Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

Thanks for reply.
I have seen these 3 coat images with different size of lapel, and all of right and functional.
If any manufacturer adopt any size from those images so he would be right I think.
Besides collar height would be vary person to person I read somewhere about collar height.
As jholko said, his collar height was 6.5", his collar looks good but perhaps 6.5" collar doesn't fit to others.
So, I think who wants screen accurate coats they should place custom order if they can measures surely.

BTW, which brand's coat is good so far in your opinions?

Thank you,
Im sorry but Im not sure I follow any of this. This forum has over 86 pages now. It appears that you have not spent enough time familiarizing yourself with the purpose and coverage of the thread thus far. We have discussed wide ranging issues such as the various coat options in great detail, the sweaters, the boots, etc. Over the course of the past 6-8 months, we have somewhat focused on a coat that many members here feel has the potential to be the most SA, assuming significant alterations are done. That is not to say that we have not covered the other 3-4 manufacturers and their products. Please spend some time going over the various detailed posts that provide a comparison of the pros and cons of each coat. This is not a marketing or seller's forum (although certain sellers are welcomed and do occasionally comment and answer questions) but rather a forum for fan's of the coat to share notes and thoughts and to help each other out.

As I wrote above, I'm reading this thread since Oct and I found many things that only follows the manufacturer.
Although you guys have discussed almost every single details, although I have concern about collar specs that doesn't apply to everyone.

Anyway, I really appreciate you guys for this research and want to see in other threads or you can start new thread about Dune still suit.

Had this idea today about the collar. I was thinking for those jackets with the straight collar, if a dart was cut out at the center and put back together, it would create the funnel shape when up and the taper at the ends. There might be some other issues that arise from doing this but thought I'd throw it out there. I attached a quick drawing to illustrate.

Attachments

• 20220111_081822.jpg
    20220111_081822.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 42
Had this idea today about the collar. I was thinking for those jackets with the straight collar, if a dart was cut out at the center and put back together, it would create the funnel shape when up and the taper at the ends. There might be some other issues that arise from doing this but thought I'd throw it out there. I attached a quick drawing to illustrate.
I’m sure Egon could easily answer this question. Incidentally, I think that most -if not all- of the Deckard’s coat replica retailers also patterned the collar to be just that, one rectangular piece, and thus failed at, among other things, to achieve that characteristic curvature (and something Egon has totally nailed on his Deckard coat).

I’m not entirely sure if you can just ‘bend’ a straight-edged piece of fabric into being curved without giving way to other serious warping issues. In other words, perhaps it needs to be cut with the curvature from the outset…?

In any case, if a slight fix was achievable through what you’re suggesting, it still wouldn’t solve the other issue that K coat providers still haven’t nailed which the collar’s subtle taper. So when it comes to accuracy in the collar,, IMO, it’s really a matter of four main aspects: correct placement, larger dimensions, curvature and a slight taper. So, if you’re going to go through the trouble of detaching the rectangular collar and trying to make it work somehow through some clever tailoring, it might just be a better idea to get an entire new collar made.

Incidentally, I just remembered that I actually have an extra custom collar stored away (I had WSL re-do it because they initially sent me an incorrect ‘negative’ version(!) of what I asked them to do. For illustrative purposes, I’ll just ‘flip’ the photo). Here’s a comparison with the old WSL collar that had removed.

1641916349364.png

1641916398709.png

Both collars stacked:
1641916468791.png

With a wedge on the original collar, per your illustration:

1641916546475.png

Thanks for reply.
I have seen these 3 coat images with different size of lapel, and all of right and functional.
If any manufacturer adopt any size from those images so he would be right I think.
Besides collar height would be vary person to person I read somewhere about collar height.
As jholko said, his collar height was 6.5", his collar looks good but perhaps 6.5" collar doesn't fit to others.
So, I think who wants screen accurate coats they should place custom order if they can measures surely.

BTW, which brand's coat is good so far in your opinions?

Thank you,
Given your reply to other threads Jameel Ur , I'm genuinely not sure if you're looking for legitimate info or a troll account.

Shahrooz , any update from your tailor on when the shearling will be revised to the single panel? Been watching this thread eagerly, have been holding off on having my SR coat modified until the final kinks are worked out. Need to get mine fixed asap since it's now super cold on the east coast.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220112-092243_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220112-092243_Chrome.jpg
    995.2 KB · Views: 67
Given your reply to other threads Jameel Ur , I'm genuinely not sure if you're looking for legitimate info or a troll account.

Shahrooz , any update from your tailor on when the shearling will be revised to the single panel? Been watching this thread eagerly, have been holding off on having my SR coat modified until the final kinks are worked out. Need to get mine fixed asap since it's now super cold on the east coast.
Hey, Being a manufacturer I really enjoy screen accurate costumes especially clothing/leather jackets.
I had done many great jobs for FLINJACKETS.COM( you may know this website owner name Rick) and currently I'm lead manufacture of big effect props.

Hi,

Check them out, old & new collar shape.
First off, this looks very impressive. But what coat are we looking at exactly?
According to your description, you cite "www.excellentleathershop.com" as your website (which is not operational).
So, are you a vendor? If so, are we looking at your work? The custom collar appear to have the same specs I've been posting for some time and looks like it's solidly put together. The only thing I would add is squaring off those corners to be more SA. Nice work!

1642001941085.png

First off, this looks very impressive. But what coat are we looking at exactly?
According to your description, you cite "www.excellentleathershop.com" as your website (which is not operational).
So, are you a vendor? If so, are we looking at your work? The custom collar appear to have the same specs I've been posting for some time and looks like it's solidly put together. The only thing I would add is squaring off those corners to be more SA. Nice work!

View attachment 1533127
wow! I'm forgetting it since 2018.
Thanks for letting me know.
This is Zlurpo coat.

Here is our new fur along with our early 2018.
I just sent to custom dying absolutely camel color would be fine.

Attachments

• IMG_20220112_194435_035.jpg
    IMG_20220112_194435_035.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20220112_194536_496.jpg
    IMG_20220112_194536_496.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20220112_194234_549.jpg
    IMG_20220112_194234_549.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 62
Hey, Being a manufacturer I really enjoy screen accurate costumes especially clothing/leather jackets.
I had done many great jobs for FLINJACKETS.COM( you may know this website owner name Rick) and currently I'm lead manufacture of big effect props.

wow! I'm forgetting it since 2018.
Thanks for letting me know.
This is Zlurpo coat.
Terrific! Zlurpo reached out recently about identifying the various areas for improvement on his coat and it's great to see the new updates are coming along nicely.

Yes, these changes was asking Zlurpo few months back but due to workload and new projects are going to couldn't fix it.
I have own website but it currently not operational, hopefully we'll restart in nest few months.

Yes, these changes was asking Zlurpo few months back but due to workload and new projects are going to couldn't fix it.
I have own website but it currently not operational, hopefully we'll restart in nest few months.
Will the new coat from Big Effects Props have the waxed/acrylic coated finish as well? I ordered a big effects props coat a couple years back and at the time Zlurpo wasn't offering coats with the treated finish. I know at least one member (I forget his name) had the color fade on his jacket after wearing it a few months, which I'm thinking the treated finish might have prevented.

Will the new coat from Big Effects Props have the waxed/acrylic coated finish as well? I ordered a big effects props coat a couple years back and at the time Zlurpo wasn't offering coats with the treated finish. I know at least one member (I forget his name) had the color fade on his jacket after wearing it a few months, which I'm thinking the treated finish might have prevented.
I'm afraid, currently we are not eligible to do waxed coat, because we haven't found the waxed fabrics so far.
So, you have to wax and weathering yourself.

I'm afraid, currently we are not eligible to do waxed coat, because we haven't found the waxed fabrics so far.
So, you have to wax and weathering yourself.
I spoke with someone at Big Effects Props on Etsy and they said they could do the coat in black waxed cotton. Is that an option for a waxed finish still?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back