Rush: time machine

Wes R

Legendary Member
Anyone see it premier on VH1 Classic? I missed part so i'm recording it later tonight but it had the band dressed up as other characters including the blonde guitar player in a fat suit. They're actually really funny guys. Not a huge fan of all their music though.

Ahhh! I will have to see when this airs again. My older Brother used to blast some of their music every morning before school. I had some good times doing the cosmic bowl thing in middle school with Tom Sawyer playing with the disco ball and crazy strobe lights. Now that was some fun bowling:)

It is a true sin that they are not in the Rock In Roll Hall of Fame yet.

They have some really great lyrics in their songs too. You should check out and give some more music of theirs a try, Wes.

The entire Rock N Fraud hall of fame is a sin. Now I sound like Eddie Trunk on That Metal Show lol. That place is dump and a serious fraud to call itself rock n roll related.

This is one of the best ( of many! ) Rush concerts I have attended! I went to the show in Columbus, and the sound, lights, and the performance, were awesome!

Great selection of songs, and Moving Pictures, in its entirety! Some fans love there old stuff, some like the new, or fans like me, love all of it!

The video your talking about, is one of several little comedy skits, that the band "acts out". The fat guy ( portrayed as Ray Daniels, there tour manager since the beginning ) is Alex Lifeson ( guitarist, keyboards), the mail man is Neil Peart ( legendary drummer, everything percussion ), and the polish butcher is Geddy Lee ( vocalist, bass guitar, keyboards ). It's just a little twist of their music, and humor. Needless to say, they love having a good time, great laughs, and put on a great show.

There are so many cool elements about this show. From the steampunk drum kit, to the steampunk guitar stacks, and Alex's steampunk guitar pedal board! To a great stage show. It's what has made them one of the best touring bands in the world!

I'm sure it will be played on Vh-1 after a little while, but I want the blueray!

Oh, and as far as The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I would consider it an insult for their induction, at this time. Their album sales far out way, those that have been inducted. Not to mention, their joined at the hip with "Rolling Stone" magizine. That as done nothing but bad mouth them for years. About a year ago they decided they are now finally hip. Whatever!

I stopped considering the hall of fame anything but a butt kissing club as soon as they let country, blues, and crap music into it. Don't get me wrong I like country but let them get their own hall of fame.

Rush was quite stylistic - "back in the day" folks seemed pretty securely planted in either the "like" or "dislike" camps.

Regardless, the band was comprised of three of the best musicians the industry has seen.

I need to catch this concert video. After Pink Floyd, Rush is my all time favourite band.

Almost each of their early albums had at least 2 to 3 tracks which became my favourites. Tom Sawyer, Xanadu are some of my early favourites. And I love "Resist" from their later album Test for Echo.

Rush - Resist - YouTube

Great show as usual. Rush is by far one of the most talented bands ever. If you ever get a chance to see them live, don't hesitate - simply incredible.

Ok I will be the desenting vote here was at the Tour and while they were in perfect form I hated the sound.

Of course I had seen the original "Moving Pictures" tour 3 times so I already had the T-Shirt.

Regardless imo they have never got their due or respect but they could care less they have their fans

I became a Rush fan very early on. I want to say late 80's, when i was a regular at a local BBS called "The Lerxstwood Mall" - they had all the lyrics avilable, which I loved, and then my folks bought me the Body Electric album. Shortly after that, most of the Rush audiorecordings at the library near my house strangely went missing.. :lol

I still get Tom Sawyer stuck in my head fom time to time. :)

I became a Rush fan very early on. I want to say late 80's, when i was a regular at a local BBS called "The Lerxstwood Mall" - they had all the lyrics avilable, which I loved, and then my folks bought me the Body Electric album. Shortly after that, most of the Rush audiorecordings at the library near my house strangely went missing..

I still get Tom Sawyer stuck in my head fom time to time. :)

I was catching a ride with my uncle to the store, when he was playing " The Body Electric " ( from The "Grace Under Pressure" album ). At the time, all I really heard ( cause my parents made me listen to it on their trips ) was Abba! ( oh the humanity!! ) That day changed my life! Literally! If it wasn't for Rush, no guitar, no Woman, no marriage, no child. That's how I see it anyways!

Rush, Moving Pictures Tour, was my first concert ever.

Universal Ampitheater, Chicago - 1981. Third Row.

Made quite the impression.:cool

The release of the tour on Cd and Dvd is tomorrow!

What I don't understand, is every store in my area, is releasing the Dvd, and Cd, tomorrow. The Blu ray will not be released until Dec.20th? Except, for Best Buy ( which is an hour, and twenty minute's from me ), and the store through Rush's website. Amazon is pulling the same dates as well. I guess I will get the Dvd set, and live with it!

That's odd. I know disney has been putting out Blue ray before normal dvds other than in combo packs. The new pirates movie isn't on normal dvd in single form until next week. These companies are really odd with how they do this.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back