RS stormtrooper helmet material question

chalback

Sr Member
Hey guys hope i posted this is the right place not sure where els to put it,

Back when RS did their first run of the helmet and armor i was able to get a spot on the list, the helmet came made but i got the armor just trimmed and that was all, its been in a box now since i ordered it seeing that i had some other stuff i needed to take care of.

I am looking at building the armor now but i am not sure of what material its made out of and i need to find out to make sure i use the right glue, Can anyone help me figuer out how to identiy if its HDPE or ABS all i can find online is the differences between them, Only other way i read was burning it and i deff don't want to do that.

Thanks for any help guys sorry for the noob question.

Yeah their first run stuff was abs and pvc. The pvc is very shiny whereas their abs was a bit more dull. They changed their abs later to a more glossy off white.If you had a HDPE helmet you would know as it would be green but it wasn't part of their first run. I would honestly use E6000 glue. It works well on both pvc and abs and is strong and flexible. Also it can be pulled apart if need be.

Ben

I learned about e6000 8 years ago with my first trooper build.

It is pretty much perfect for any plastic. Or metal... Or wood...

It's odd stuff.

Like was said it CAN be pulled apart if you need to fix something.

I had to trim a shoulder back a bit and days or a week after gluing it, it came apart easily!

8 years later? I honestly think the plastic would break before the bond!

Very forgiving stuff!

It gets a little warm but doesn't melt to the plastic... Washes off pretty easily... And gives a strong bond!

I've used it for all different kinds of plastic and other various projects.

100% go with this.

Take a deep breath.

You'll be surprised how easy it is to work with.

Get that build started trooper!!!

Thanks guys

Just make sure to work in a well ventilated area maybe with a dust mask. It's stinks. ;)

Ben

Use sparingly and a little goes a long way - I usually like to work in constricted areas with the windows closed when using E-six million for obvious reasons... on a serious note, if you need to take anything apart to make adjustments later on, pop whatever you glued together in the freezer for a couple of hours and then just pop it apart.

Now that is pretty cool!

So your saying... don't use for snow troopers?

Cool tip!

And yeah don't sniff this glue.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back