RS Prop Masters lineage Scout blaster

I get the reasoning, but anyone that’s looking to recast the blaster or try to pass it off as a real prop this isn’t really going to deter them.

This isn’t a deal breaker for me and I’m still looking forward to it, but it is annoying that they weren’t at least up front about it and this came as a surprise.
I agree with what you are saying. I can understand people who collect authentic props would have a concern. This may help in some cases. It sounds like the logo is fairly hard to notice unless you know where to look.

From what I understand some castings of props with lineage have minor modifications added so the seller can detect if someone is recasting their version. I don't think that is the reason for doing it in this case. This is unusual since the replica is made with such similar materials as the original.

Well I was told that they aren't offering the blaster by itself, so if someone doesn't want theirs, please let me know.

If they're concerned about the prop being passed off as an original they should have done something less noticeable...almost like a secret where only THEY could tell...very much like a lot of prop makers do already to confirm recasting. This kinda makes no sense considering the logo can be removed and the blaster it self recasted.

Strange.

Well I was told that they aren't offering the blaster by itself, so if someone doesn't want theirs, please let me know.
Yeah, I’m still interested in buying one if a member chooses to sell theirs.

Outside if the RS one, what is the most accurate version available elsewhere? This seems like one that always has issues with correct sizing on other replicas.

If I had to guess, I would say that the identifier was a stipulation for RS to even get access to the original prop to reproduce it, so I’m okay with it as long as this isn‘t standard practice in the future. However, I am disappointed that they weren’t upfront with customers about it when the product was announced.

Here are photos of my RS Propmasters Scout Blaster. The RS logo is pretty hard to see unless you know where to look and have light shining into the center area.

RS-Scout-Blaster-1.jpg

RS-Scout-Blaster-2.jpg

RS-Scout-Blaster-3.jpg

RS-Scout-Blaster-4.jpg

RS-Scout-Blaster-5.jpg

RS-Scout-Blaster-6.jpg

RS-Scout-Blaster-7.jpg

RS-Scout-Blaster-8.jpg

RS-Scout-Blaster-9.jpg

RS-Scout-Blaster-10.jpg

A recaster removes this logo in one minute.Strange...who knows what else they "reworked" or added.:rolleyes:

But anyway...it looks really fantastic with the stand. (y)

A recaster removes this logo in one minute.Strange...who knows what else they "reworked" or added.:rolleyes:

But anyway...it looks really fantastic with the stand. (y)
I don't think they did it for recasters. They were addressing concerns by people who collect authentic props. This item would be harder to tell from an original than most products produced with lineage.

I wish they advertised their drops on the website and not social media.
They have always announced products via social media, either YouTube or Facebook. No one is going to go to the website daily on the off chance a product gets announced. Social media reaches the most people in the shortest amount of time.

Here are photos of my RS Propmasters Scout Blaster. The RS logo is pretty hard to see unless you know where to look and have light shining into the center area.
Where abouts are you located if you don't mind me asking?

I'm blaster #12 and haven't received any shipping notification as of yet.

Mine arrived two days ago here in Texas, #6. The RS logo is very well hidden and doesn’t bother me one bit, I had to use the flashlight on my phone to really see it. Got the weathered option and very happy I did!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back