RS Prop Masters Lineage Boba Fett Helmet

I finally received my RS Boba Fett Lineage helmet kit last night and I must say that I am extremely happy with the whole kit and the aluminum ears are awesome.
I’ll be going over the whole kit more closely today, but through the little baggies, all looks good. The fiberglass work on the helmet is nice and even, which I will be leaving as is or perhaps paint with plastidip.
I’m leaving this as an “archive” piece in my collection so I won’t be painting it. The stand and plaque was also a great surprise addition!

44634819-A5C8-4F99-A2BF-12115A9A561C.jpeg

My only disappointment is that I didn’t know that buying the aluminum ears replaced the resin ears that was promised with the kit.
I didn’t like that this was not clarified, since in a couple of my emails, I expressed wanting to have the resin ears.
My display idea was to have the resin ears mounted on the helmet while the aluminum ears along with replica and original parts for the helmet would be displayed in a shadow box. I’m still hoping to do this, but I’m waiting for a response from RS Studios to my email of what can be arranged to get the resin ears.

AB73EE07-2D59-436C-96C6-ABE63217F597.jpeg

-Ely

I keep looking at these - I'd love one but they're over my budget unfortunately.

I had a look at the RS site and spotted they're only 5 minutes round the corner from my mum's house.

Last edited:
Here's a first time inside look at the details, paint job, & metal Ears, followed by a discussion along with pros and cons on the RS props lineage Boba fett painted version.

I finally received my RS Boba Fett Lineage helmet kit last night and I must say that I am extremely happy with the whole kit and the aluminum ears are awesome.
I’ll be going over the whole kit more closely today, but through the little baggies, all looks good. The fiberglass work on the helmet is nice and even, which I will be leaving as is or perhaps paint with plastidip.
I’m leaving this as an “archive” piece in my collection so I won’t be painting it. The stand and plaque was also a great surprise addition!

View attachment 1380072

My only disappointment is that I didn’t know that buying the aluminum ears replaced the resin ears that was promised with the kit.
I didn’t like that this was not clarified, since in a couple of my emails, I expressed wanting to have the resin ears.
My display idea was to have the resin ears mounted on the helmet while the aluminum ears along with replica and original parts for the helmet would be displayed in a shadow box. I’m still hoping to do this, but I’m waiting for a response from RS Studios to my email of what can be arranged to get the resin ears.

View attachment 1380071

-Ely

Any word on the resin ears?

Received this email response from Andrea@RS today:
“Thank you for your message, our guys were not offering the resin ears if metal ears were purchased. I can ask the guys, they want to get as many helmets completed and shipped as soon as possible. ”

It’s kinda disappointing, but I’ll just have to accept it.
I’m hoping I can at least purchase the resin ears, but I’m not holding my breath. I’ll see if I can purchase a set elsewhere or just go without.

It didn't come with a plaque. I asked about that. Andrea said the plaques were lost in the fire. They are working on getting replacements and will send those at a later date.

I agree the efx looks surprisingly good, but the RS has more subtle weathering in areas that are pretty clean on the efx.

The right ear is quite a bit taller on the RS.

That is certainly one hell of a helmet.

I’m not an ESB expert by any means, but I can’t help but notice you are missing the white paint smudges. The infamous thumb print, you know? Was that a special request on your part?

I agree the efx looks surprisingly good, but the RS has more subtle weathering in areas that are pretty clean on the efx.

The right ear is quite a bit taller on the RS.
Yes but don´t forget...the EFX is the ESB version from 1980...that is not the look of the helmet today.They upgraded some details for the SE scenes.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back