RS Prop Masters 10th Anniversary Stunt Helmet

I can't wait to get mine but im not liking the similar damage pattern im seeing on the helmets. Might try to request something different.

I received my 10th anniversary box fresh green helmet #14 on Friday.

First impressions out of the box, I was a little underwhelmed. Whilst it is a nicely made prop replica there are some issues.

First if all, it’s really heavy compared to my RS stunt in ABS. And it doesn’t feel flimsy in the slightest.

What let’s down this £500+ helmet is the construction and finishing. I haven’t extensively compared it to Simons helmet but quickly noticed the following

They eyes are not trimmed correctly. The ears are not trimmed correctly. The teeth are not trimmed correctly. The ear screws are in the wrong place.

What could have been the most accurate replica has just turned out to be an expensive generic trooper helmet.

Im probably going to take it apart and sort out these issues. I’m also tempted to make it into an ESB version.

#81 (with a couple of signed plaques to make it better).

8898CF04-0281-47F1-AC51-BABF614D5107.jpeg

The only complaint I see so far from the people who have received the helmet, has been the brow position.

You can fix this! - I had this exact problem and was scratching my head, I tried to move the brow up but the rubber was touching the helmet cap above it.

THEN

Dan Szcudlik video called me and showed me how to do it ... hold the helmet facing you, put a hand at the top of each ear and very gently squeeze it inwards, the whole top dome moved up and the frown with it.

The reason the brow is low, is because the box/shipping, has knocked the dome down fractionally.

Takes literally milliseconds to fix it :)

Mine arrived yesterday. #88 (Great Number) I'm very happy with it. I've owned TE, and AA before. I've always wanted an RS Props HDPE. It's stunning.

eLzQUOc.jpg

cSvM6lN.jpg

ksKRNHv.jpg

7NcxjCE.jpg

Puv9avS.jpg

duoEIzq.jpg
Xo03tZa.jpg

It appears RS Prop's painter left their pencil marks on the tubes. They wiped off easily enough.

If I had any complaints, It would be perhaps the trimming could be a little cleaner around the eyes. They also cut a small notch into the top of the right for the rubber brow trim to fit into. I've never seen that done before but I've also never owned a helmet this good before. Also it seems the little dimple on the front right mic tip area seen on their original doesnt seem apparent on this helmet (maybe paint hides it?). Overall the helmet is incredible. It does feel rather heavy and solid. It feels really good and uniquely different than other helmets. I missed out on the original run 10 years ago so I had to get one. I may get another soon :) RS Props are the best.

Last edited:
Great! I will try that later. I had noticed your brow position had changed from your original pics, but wasn’t sure!

Yeah I tried moving the brow by hand pushing up but as it was hitting the dome it wouldn’t move. It hadn’t crossed my mind the dome should move.

So a gentle squeeze of the ears is nice and easy, just be gentle, don’t try and clap your pushing so hard lol, but it moves the brow up with the dome and perfect.

I could move mine up more; but happy with where it sits roughy now.

Again, thank you to Dan Szcudlik who showed me how.

Thrilled to help.

Its disappointing to see people worrying about the brow when it’s fixable and simple small imperfection caused by shipping.

So easy to do right?!
This has me quite excited as I’ve always wished my brow was a bit higher. I’m afraid to attempt this though. What exactly is going on inside the helmet with the screws/fastenings when you do this trick that allows the dome to move upwards?

This has me quite excited as I’ve always wished my brow was a bit higher. I’m afraid to attempt this though. What exactly is going on inside the helmet with the screws/fastenings when you do this trick that allows the dome to move upwards?

Absolutely nothing :)

Give it a go .. let us know how you get on, this is how they were before being put in a box.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back