RS Prop Masters 10th Anniversary Stunt Helmet

AdamFX

The camera lense isn't helping it but it looks a bit off. You maybe able to correct that by holding the helmet in your hand by the ears and gently pushing the ears in while raising the front dome/brow so that it sits on the faceplate's forehead better. The helmet will flex but be gentle. Sometimes the dome settles in shipping and needs to be pushed back up. There is a a helmet in this thread that had a similar problem and this helped it quite a bit. Otherwise the painting and trimming look goood. I'd say the back rubber trip looks a bit high and off center from the back.

Also It's interesting to note that this helmet has the same chip pattern as the Set for Stun helmet. Very interesting. Nice touch by RS.

rockbottom

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thought I would add a pic of mine here

image.jpg

russellsch

Master Member
mandalorian233 I think you can squish that top cap back into shape, like AdamFX said. It’s easy. Sometimes they get squished down during shipping.
& that’s a Sandtrooper? I didn’t think the Sandtroopers had black stripes in the trapezoids. Is that an HDPE helmet? I love the chipped weathering!

mandalorian233

The camera lense isn't helping it but it looks a bit off. You maybe able to correct that by holding the helmet in your hand by the ears and gently pushing the ears in while raising the front dome/brow so that it sits on the faceplate's forehead better. The helmet will flex but be gentle. Sometimes the dome settles in shipping and needs to be pushed back up. There is a a helmet in this thread that had a similar problem and this helped it quite a bit. Otherwise the painting and trimming look goood. I'd say the back rubber trip looks a bit high and off center from the back.

Also It's interesting to note that this helmet has the same chip pattern as the Set for Stun helmet. Very interesting. Nice touch by RS.

Thought I would add a pic of mine here

View attachment 1483241
Now they did a great job on your helmet. Mine looks like it was sort of squished or something. The pictures do not really show it that good, but if you saw mine in person you'd see what I was talking about.

mandalorian233

mandalorian233 I think you can squish that top cap back into shape, like AdamFX said. It’s easy. Sometimes they get squished down during shipping.
& that’s a Sandtrooper? I didn’t think the Sandtroopers had black stripes in the trapezoids. Is that an HDPE helmet? I love the chipped weathering!
No, I have a Sandtrooper from RS that is beautiful. The HDPE that I received is the one I was unhappy with. The right side tube kinda slopes downward, it's kinda hard to see it in the photo, but if you saw it you'd see that it isn't right. They told me that it might have been assembled wrong.

AdamFX

Now they did a great job on your helmet. Mine looks like it was sort of squished or something. The pictures do not really show it that good, but if you saw mine in person you'd see what I was talking about.
Try pressing on both ears and pushing the forehead done and brow up

russellsch

Master Member
…… The right side tube kinda slopes downward, it's kinda hard to see it in the photo, but if you saw it you'd see that it isn't right. They told me that it might have been assembled wrong.
Okay, I think I’m seeing it. It’s the tube, not the cap.
Looking at my “box fresh” HDPE (pardon the crap quick iPad photos),
38AD3A39-9316-4D43-95CF-4E75E05D0948.jpeg

& my ABS ESB Stormy that I’ve had for a few years,
E641B82B-9F8E-4042-9A06-E8C849BC8E5E.jpeg

that tube -apparently- slopes normally.
Unless I’m still not seeing what you’re pointing out. If that’s the case, I am sorry.

Jagjaguwar

Sr Member
So, we heard that the run of 10th anniversary HDPE helmets is closing soon, as per the recent video. But does anyone know if it’s just the 10th anniversary edition with the plaque/stand, or if they are going to pause making more of HDPE version helmets, in general?

CWOODREPLICAS

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, we heard that the run of 10th anniversary HDPE helmets is closing soon, as per the recent video. But does anyone know if it’s just the 10th anniversary edition with the plaque/stand, or if they are going to pause making more of HDPE version helmets, in general?
I think they won't be making any more HDPE Helmets.

mandalorian233

Here is my Sandtr
Okay, I think I’m seeing it. It’s the tube, not the cap.
Looking at my “box fresh” HDPE (pardon the crap quick iPad photos),
View attachment 1483424
& my ABS ESB Stormy that I’ve had for a few years,
View attachment 1483425
that tube -apparently- slopes normally.
Unless I’m still not seeing what you’re pointing out. If that’s the case, I am sorry.
Here is my Sandtrooper by them and it is beautiful. But my HDPE was a disappointment.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71

mandalorian233

View attachment 1482838 View attachment 1482839
View attachment 1482842 View attachment 1482840 View attachment 1482841

Worth every penny and then some. “Fair” is what someone is willing to pay. RS offers something that is unique and appeals to a niche group of collectors. Collecting screen-accurate props within itself is an oddity relatively speaking, and this piece is even more so. Which within itself justifies the price considering how few are made, not to mention R&D.

RS employees a full-time staff and continues to invest in production-used pieces to reverse engineer things Star Wars collectors could only dream of owning until this age of collecting. These things aren’t cheap. Cost reflects that, and honestly, still fair market value when you compare it to much lesser offerings. Even though you really can’t find a readily available TK like this anywhere to compare it to, which validates my point even further.

Very few things in this hobby that we consider accurate come at a low price. It really comes down to what you prioritize, and for many, a helmet made in the same spirit as the original screen-used TK helmet is at the top of list and merits the cost.
Is yours an HDPE? Beautiful looking helmet, here is my ABS from RS...

9.jpg

Rich D.

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The only issue with my 10th anniversary HDPE is that the brow is lower than I'd like by several mm (like a few others I've seen here). I was able to squish my helmet after unpacking to about where MClass's helmet is, but I'll eventually take it apart and adjust the faceplate a bit to get the brow exactly where I want it. Otherwise, I love it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.