RPF's Own ScruffyRebel Takes on Moscow...

Great job Victoria. Love how she cut you off right as you were proving her wrong. You handled yourself incredibly well, not sure I could have kept my cool. I love the crap they were posting up under the video...ridiculous.

I think the Daily Show idea is a dandy one!

It's rather obvious that the reporter is one of those "I hate how my life is going so I'll rain on everyone's parade" people. She deserves pity - but she also deserves to be put in her place and hung out to dry! ;)

Yes good job! What a bunch of BS! It looks like all this was was a way to grab onto the "now thing" and use it to illustrate her point as she saw it. If it wasn't Comic Con it would have been a car show or something. That's one thing that really sets me off is when someone tries to tell me what I should be spending money on.

BTW, I kept thinking of Mass Effect 2 where Shepard hauls off and punches the reporter. :lol

What a truculent slapper, that newswoman. And who exactly are the "others" who are saving our dark economy? A hundred thousand people spending money on a "convention" that'd make any other convention seem like a boyscout meeting.

End run for the nerds!

Way to go Victoria. :thumbsup

So....I'm not as refined as Victoria there haha.

You are so awesome I cried. Tears of nerd joy streaming down my face. Coffee was nearly spat, too.

I'm also confident that I'm prettier, skinnier, and smarter than her

To be fair, so am I, and I have better hair too. So's IndyFanChuck, for that matter. :p

PS: Why is she so focused on the American economy and big oil and banks, huh? Is that what I should be concerned about? How about all the people dying in Libya under the regime of a mad dictator? Or the continual treatment of women in Egyptian society? Or how AIDS and TB are still spreading like wildfire through different countries in Africa?

RT is running with a pretty blatant anti-US propaganda agenda. Just look at their other YouTube items! I cruised some of those catchall pseudo-blog "ten most interesting wossnames" sites last night. Aside from the high quotient of 'hot chick' articles, two things stood out: 1) a lot of these sites are Russian-based (EnglishRussia dot com, RT, etc), and 2) there's a heavy anti-US bias, like the Cold War has somehow morphed into the Snide Online Sniping War. I've probably filled my machine with viruses and my credit card is likely being drained by Russian mafia types right now, but it was instructive.

I don't think she was necessarily even pushing her own views. Just following orders like a good little footsoldier.

Blah, I wish someone would send that original report to the Daily Show, screw 'protesting the economy', I would pay to see Jon Stewart rip her apart haha. :love

Not sure, I think JS would dispose of her effortlessly, too effortlessly to be entertaining. It'd be too much of a textbook case of going unarmed to a battle of wits.

Sounds like this so called "reporter" :confused {really?} is jealous of the fact that we geeks and nerds are not letting a bad economy get in the way of haveing some fun. She admitts to attending a comic con a few times... must have lost in the costume contest, or maybe she didn't get the positve response to it she was hoping for :lol:lol and this is pay back.
What has she done for the homeless in her community? How much money has she donated to charitys? Why isn"t she giving her paycheck over to help out the economy? What a joke!!! She thought ScruffyRebel was an easy target,and found out how WRONG she was. So she resorts to the same old routine other "interveiwers" use... mic gets cut off or " we"ve run out of time". And that so called apology was even more insulting than the interview. ScruffyRebel you did a Fantastic job with the interview, I hope it didn"t ruin your time at the con.

I avoid interviews like the plague.

I don't need to go to jail for punching some un-informed yahoo in the face.

You don't have to punch anyone... Victoria never saw the reporter in the flesh..they do it all by satellite now days.

Love your little ending of the latest Mattmobile episode.:thumbsup

Whoa.. didn't realize there was a whole thread about this. Re-posting my comment from another thread.

This reporter is ridiculous. Trying to guilt up the audience by saying there are better things to do with all that money being spent. Charity and do something at Washington D.C., as if these comic con visitors don't do anything else with their money throughout the year.

Thousands of people look forward to these 4 days of the year to meet and mingle with like minded geeks. And yet there are people who want to complain about that. Yes prices of hotels and other services get hiked, plenty of more traffic for that one week; but isn't it benefiting the city and economy to a certain degree?

The reporter bombarded these accusations and then cut her off when she was getting to the core issue which they addressed in the first place.

Guess I better stop spending money to help protest the economy. I hated Economics anyways.

Kudos to Skruffy and Barbies of the rebellion everywhere! I agree with Larry too, the Dumb B**** to a Nerd Fight wins quote of the year.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back