RPF help for a hospital project

Boots52

Hello RPF

I help out a charity at a hospital in the UK, they have found these really cool covers that go over the top of drips and fluids so that the kids being treated think they are getting super hero serum, cool!

We want to make a load for kids and adults as they tell us staring at fluids and chemotherapy fluids is a bit scary and depressing.

We've spoken to various companies etc but can't find these boxes anywhere or anyone that could make them at a realistic cost, i've approached the marketing company that had them made but received no reply.

Printing logos etc is not an issue, we can get that done, its the case / box thats the problem.

So, RPF any ideas?

Help me RPFers, you're my only hope!

Thanks in advance

Boots52
enhanced-buzz-wide-21185-1370111429-14-1.jpg

https://www.themarysue.com/dc-comics-chemotherapy/
https://www.coloribus.com/adsarchive/design/cancer-center-superformula-to-fight-cancer-18859655/

Perhaps a tag would be enough? Perhaps even a sticker over the fluid bag? Does the hospital have containers they normally throw away or recycle that could be put to use?

TazMan2000

Hi All,

Thanks, 3d printing is an option, but the company we spoke to were concerned about the finish, Infection control is always a massive issue.

Vac Forming is probably the way to go, but the companies i've spoken to won't do small runs, plus to set up the form / mould would cost thousands of £'s

You do NOT keep/use the 3D print.. that is the 'master' copy to be used for molding/casting from..

It would required some prep work I'm sure.. filler putty.. and lots of sanding..etc

You can't use filement 3d printing in any kind of mass vac forming . The temperature heat heat up your thermo plastic i.e. Abs is the same as the print ,this would deform your pattern .

Small runs of vac forming can be done At A to Z vacform shop in Slough . There also the vac form shop for Pinewood studios. The pattern looks pretty basic . I'd recomend a wooden pattern. The only thing with A to Z is you"lol have to cut them out you self.

Wouldn't copying them pose a risk of litigation? Even though this is for a noble cause, Disney or whomever takes their property rights (and their licensee rights) quite seriously.

TazMan2000

Last edited:
Thanks for the A to Z tip, ill get in touch with them next week.

Hey Tazman, Yes IP rights are a huge issue, we're thinking of making them standard / generic ones "super hero serum" type stuff as we don't want to worry about the rights, unless Disney, WB etc cared to get in touch / offer to make them.

Thanks all for your tips!

What a great idea! In the fire service we use IV bag sleeves which could be outfitted with various logos. Just an idea if the boxes are to expensive

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back