Round2 Acquires Star Wars License

I’d love that Eagle 2 with the LabPod, I found myself drooling at it while watching the video

J
Same, but I'm looking into 3D printing just the lab pod as well as a rescue and executive shuttle pod. I don't necessarily need another 1/48 full Eagle even though I know there are subtle differences to Eagle 2. I'm actually really excited for the larger Hawk. I don't like the ship's cockpit design (they should've stuck with the modular Eagle cockpit), but the overall shape is super fun.

Is it true what I heard, that Boba Fett’s ship has been renamed to Starfighter as we can’t use the word Slave any longer in polite society?

Does that mean they’re going to CG retcon Leia at Jabba’s palace?

Is it true what I heard, that Boba Fett’s ship has been renamed to Starfighter as we can’t use the word Slave any longer in polite society?

Does that mean they’re going to CG retcon Leia at Jabba’s palace?

It's just a name on a box. Doesn't mean the ship itself has been renamed. Businesses do need to think about how their products look on a store shelf and what words are emphasized. Times change. Language evolves (whether we want it to or not). It's all okay.

Please don’t retcon Leia’s palace scene. My teenage memories can’t be taken away like that. It was the closest I’d come to boobies for 10 years.

:lol: You and millions others. Let's not go there. When a business or group makes a decision to say they're not going to use certain words or types of language, it's easy to jump to the conclusion that "now WE can't say this or that." No one is saying that. Everyone can still go outside and yell "SLAVE SLAVE SLAVE" to their heart's content. But, assuming this is really their motivation, Disney als has every right to choose not to use certain words to reflect its brand.

I would actually feel sorry for anyone that was walking the shelves in a hobby store, look at the Slave 1 on the shelf and mistake it for a 18th century sailing vessel.

My sister in CA can no longer ‘own’ a dog. She is it’s ‘caregiver’.

I asked her if she can get WIC and Access for it then!
Can you point me to a law that says this? I know in 2019 CA banned the sale of dogs, cats, and rabbits from breeding mills, and there is new terminology when it comes to pets in divorce and custody battles, but I can't find anything requiring people to stop "owning" pets.

This this is a nothingburger. The ship is still Slave I. It's just a marketing decision. It's okay.

Can you point me to a law that says this? I know in 2019 CA banned the sale of dogs, cats, and rabbits from breeding mills, and there is new terminology when it comes to pets in divorce and custody battles, but I can't find anything requiring people to stop "owning" pets.
I never got that deep into the discussion. I just rolled my eyes and make the above snarky comment.

Sorry for derailing this thread.

I get it. It's easy to roll our eyes over small changes like this.

But back to the thread, I will be very curious to see what R2 does with the Razor Crest if they're using the original ILM digital files. If so, it will be really hard to excuse any inaccuracies in the proportions or details. It's an opportunity for R2 to show us what they can do. I sure hope they grab it.

Times change. Language evolves (whether we want it to or not). It's all okay.
Not when language is perverted to erase history, culture and institutions to placate a political zeitgeist. Sure, we're talking model kits and toys here which seem inconsequential - but they are just the latest targets of a despotic cultural revolution that has zero tolerance for anything contrary to what they deem is politically correct. The 'woke' ness religion must touch and affect everyone and everything, and merchants that are either supportive of promoting the political agenda or think they can capitalize on that agenda become part of it. That is unless you are of a politically incorrect position and your products and services do not support wokeness. Then your products are banned, delisted and your business can be shut down and sued into oblivion with the state's help.
When a business or group makes a decision to say they're not going to use certain words or types of language, it's easy to jump to the conclusion that "now WE can't say this or that."
We can't. Not when 4 gatekeepers have the license and ability to censor and ban all speech, content and subjects it deems troublesome or politically incorrect. Talk to the millions who have had their social media canceled because they dared say something in a type of language no longer permitted by "private businesses" that in actuality are working hand-in-hand with government power. Think Confederacy of Independent Systems acting in concert with Palpatine's overall plan to transform the Republic into a Sith Empire.

Disney als has every right to choose not to use certain words to reflect its brand.
And we have the right to not purchase the brand and bad-mouth it openly. Which causes the 'gatekeepers' to declare us 'racists', 'traitors'. 'insurrectionists', 'bigots' etc. because people are no longer patronizing those businesses that went "woke". It's funny to read the initial applause when liberty dies suddenly transform itself into demagoguery and complaint because 'the bigoted simpletons' are no longer buying, reading or watching politically-encouraged propaganda.

It's bizarre to be living in a time that Star Wars itself depicted when a republic was being sabotaged for a future transformation into a despotic empire. And Language and Words are the very first tools to achieve this.

I am looking forward to seeing what they do with the Razor Crest. I have no room for the Falcon and I still have the 1/144 Bandai to build of that. But I am somewhat nostalgic to see the 'improvements' they make to these old kits. I grew up on them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back