Round2 Acquires Star Wars License

Guess I was wrong about Vader’s tie

the grey bits are the updated parts

BUT!! They have a mock up of a studio scale TIE & half size Studio Scale looking for feedback on which to produce

What they were thinking was whichever scale gets the go ahead, they’ll maybe make an accurate Vader TIE to go with it….wow

F5369198-A12B-4A19-959B-6491541ACE2C.jpeg

Boba Fetts starfighter is now the new name for Slave 1, told to call it that now….Slave 1 must be offensive now

J

Last edited:
Live stream is all done. Sounds like the Razor Crest is being done by Round2, Jamie wasn't even sure if Revell was doing one? Charles Adams did the design work on the USS Grissom, awesome!

In reply to Jaitea, I wonder if they are not just adding in the digital version's grid on the back of the engine exhaust?

Guess I was wrong about Vader’s tie

the grey bits are the updated parts

BUT!! They have a mock up of a studio scale TIE & half size Studio Scale looking for feedback on which to produce

What they were thinking was whichever scale gets the go ahead, they’ll maybe make an accurate Vader TIE to go with it….wow

Boba Fetts star fighter told to call it that now….Slave 1 must be offensive now

J

Actually, I think the rough mock ups were 1/24 (studio scale) and 1/32 scale. Wouldn't half studio scale be 1/48 or am I confused/ignorant?

Live stream is all done. Sounds like the Razor Crest is being done by Round2, Jamie wasn't even sure if Revell was doing one? Charles Adams did the design work on the USS Grissom, awesome!

In reply to Jaitea, I wonder if they are not just adding in the digital version's grid on the back of the engine exhaust?
Actually, I think the rough mock ups were 1/24 (studio scale) and 1/32 scale. Wouldn't half studio scale be 1/48 or am I confused/ignorant?
No you’re right, bit bigger than half studio scale, 1/32

BC730D81-8F5B-4188-9F28-6E1A0D55E7F7.png

Just watched it again, Falcon upgrades looks like, no mention of fixing the flatness or greeblies

J

Possibly in a smaller scale line-up.

Sounds like he might have a line or 2 on some Reliant details, as well.
Yes, he did mention at the end that they're putting out feelers to Rick Sternbach and others who could make connections to people who can provide measurements for a possible Reliant.

Definitely put me in the 1/32 camp. Although it would be unbelievable to have a studio scale X-wing, Y-wing and TIEs, I think the smaller size is better for me.

It would be nice to have the SW studio scale models in styrene. Their whole new lineup is great. I'm planning on buying a lot of it. I'll deal with the room problem later.

TazMan2000

I could probably deal with the room issue of a studio scale TIE, and having one would probably be worth the marriage counseling that would follow, but honestly the part of it that would make me want to gargle Draino is the forever pleading on the boards that would follow of "Well, now where is my studio scale TIE Interceptor?! And TIE Bomber?! And what about a SS X-wing and Y-wing?!?!" It brings to mind that children's book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie."

Hopefully what they say about getting the digital asset of the Razor Crest from LFL is accurate, and not just some marketing mumbo-jumbo to satisfy the hardcore nerds like us (and not like, "HEY! They gave us some really nice high-rez JPGs to look at while we designed it!!). I REALLY want a nice, accurate RC.

SB

The funny thing is, if they did alter the wing hub details on the Vader's TIE kit, that would mean that that part is no longer screen accurate - for the way it was used as a greebly in that ROTJ costume!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back