ROTS Vader Cape Chain

Originally posted by Jack Bauer@Jan 28 2006, 01:41 PM
THey sell accurate chain at Ace hardware.  but it is metal.  Dip it in black plasti-dip.
[snapback]1170219[/snapback]​

Anyone has any pic of this?? BTW, the chain seen on screen, ROTS also metal?

Originally posted by SithLord7768@Feb 3 2006, 03:16 AM
size on that?
[snapback]1174932[/snapback]​

link size in lenght and width? and are the links oval or are they rectangular?

Do a Google for Plumbers Chain also try weldless chain

This is sold in bulk per 100' at some of those shops google brings up.

Looking to see if I can find a source online that sells it by the foot. being in Malaysia you may just want to find a plumbing supply store dedicated only to plumbing and not just a general hardware store.

Below is a picture of what your looking for.

plumbers.jpg

Plastic Dip is a paint like material that coats metal objects in a thin layer of plastic, but to be trully screen accurate you probably need to have it anodized black and then have a gloss coat put onto it after the anodizing.

Originally posted by gts072@Feb 28 2006, 11:58 AM
I thought FP & OSK was researching this but I never heard anything else from them regarding ultimate accuracy.

Minor correction ... credit where credit is due ... to Obi Sean for this nifty little discovery . Thanks to his research, we now know 99.9 % that it's the chain in the pic you posted. My part was simply offering a "Reward" for it's discovery :lol

Originally posted by gts072+Feb 28 2006, 11:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gts072 @ Feb 28 2006, 11:58 AM)</div>
I think it looks more like this if I'm not mistaken.
[/b]

Absolutely .

Originally posted by gts072@Feb 28 2006, 11:58 AM

Tried to email the company for purchase but never got a reply back.

Link: http://turnerseymour.thomasnet.com/item/we...d=1&backtoname=
[snapback]1195740[/snapback]​

And you probably won't either, unfortunatley. I sure never did. I've tried 7 companies ( not including this one) to no avail. Then I had some health issues, and never followed up on it.

<!--QuoteBegin-Obi Sean Kenobi
@Feb 28 2006, 03:44 PM
Its a furnace chain. I dont think FP was ever abe to find a supplier though.
Sean
[snapback]1195894[/snapback]​

And to you my "Discoveriffic" pal ... I still owe ya that prize I know ... but I was just waiting to get a sample to make 100 % sure it was the real deal :lol But, you know I will take care of you ;)

Guys, this is why I stated 99.9 % positive. Getting a sample would sign seal and deliver this discovery. The biggest thing in question at this point are the size of the links. The furnace chain is very similar to "Plumbers Safety Chain" (which was the tree I was barking up when Obi Sean came to the rescue) but the plumbers chain was way too small. So I just wanted to make absolutely about the furnace chain.

I'll do some more poking around tonight :lol

FP

Originally posted by darthraider@Jan 27 2006, 11:16 PM
Hmm...going to replace the one came with Rubies Supreme, any idea where to get ROTS screen accurate cape chain?

[snapback]1170205[/snapback]​

There is a pic out there somewhere that shows up close shot of Anikan with his head burned up right before the helmet goes on him. It looks nothing like a plumbers chain- it looks more like a very thin watch band or a thick necklace- it seems to be silver with a darker silver trim, it is similar to a plumbers chain in that it interlocks. I had a pic on my computer for study, however it got deleated. I wanted print the pic out and see if I could get a match at one of those gold chain by the inch places that sell those Mr. T starter kits.

Kell

Originally posted by kell@Feb 28 2006, 05:09 PM
[snapback]1195958[/snapback]​

Uhm ... it's already been identified ... back up the thread a little bit ;)

My ex- has a gold bracelet with links that are bang on. So this is what I thought it was
too initially - jewelry. But no. IMO, there is no way they would have painted a 14/18 kt gold chain/bracelet for a cape chain.

Again, it's 99.9% positive ID on the furnace chain. One thing to consider however ... as Obi Sean told me, and I later verified, it hasn't been used in the U.S. as an "Industry Standard" in many years, so perhaps being that the suit was fabricated in Australia, perhaps it was easier to come by there as it might still be used there :lol

There are quite a few tid bits that I personally believe will have to be looked for in the "Aussie" realm. Lots of bits in the reveal mask, ect...

Is this the pic you were referring to?

capechain.jpg

capechain2.jpg

Note that the links look a wee fatter, but keep in mind that "Film", "Lenses" ect . have an affect on what we really see.

FP

Here's a wicked bit of irony... the people who hate Graflex lightsaber makers have a use for "furnace chain" as well. I wonder if we should tell them to back off of OUR stuff? ;)

Graflex.org

Originally posted by gts072@Mar 1 2006, 02:58 AM
I think it looks more like this if I'm not mistaken. Tried to email the company for purchase but never got a reply back. I thought FP & OSK was researching this but I never heard anything else from them regarding ultimate accuracy.

I don't think I'm able to get this locally...Anyone intended to purchase from them?

Originally posted by darthraider+Mar 1 2006, 11:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darthraider @ Mar 1 2006, 11:52 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-gts072
@Mar 1 2006, 02:58 AM
I think it looks more like this if I'm not mistaken. Tried to email the company for purchase but never got a reply back. I thought FP & OSK was researching this but I never heard anything else from them regarding ultimate accuracy.

I don't think I'm able to get this locally...Anyone intended to purchase from them?
[snapback]1196403[/snapback]​
[/b]

I think I saw this chain when I went out a while ago to look for aglok chain.

Im going to look next time Im out and if I find something I will post the information here.

Originally posted by DarthKahnt+Mar 2 2006, 08:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarthKahnt @ Mar 2 2006, 08:14 PM)</div>
Originally posted by darthraider@Mar 1 2006, 11:52 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-gts072
@Mar 1 2006, 02:58 AM

[snapback]1196403[/snapback]​

I think I saw this chain when I went out a while ago to look for aglok chain.

Im going to look next time Im out and if I find something I will post the information here.
[snapback]1197111[/snapback]​
[/b]

Thank you very much.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back