ROTJ Vader light saber

d3po2u

It's behind glass, so tricky to photograph...

DSCN0157.jpg

DSCN0171.jpg

DSCN0172.jpg

DSCN0174.jpg

DSCN0176.jpg

DSCN0177.jpg

The Display...

DSCN0173.jpg

Last edited:
Re: ROTJ Vader light sabre

It looks like the ESB dueling saber with the blade removed, not the hero version worn on the belt.

Nice pic either way.

Awesome pic! I'm astounded that an MPP based saber still exists in the archives. There was a thread recently which confirmed that the MPP saber was around for ROTJ--at least in some publicity photos. The graflex based saber is generally thought to be one of the stunt sabers from ROTJ which traces its lineage back to Luke's ESB stunt at the very least.

Where did you take that picture?

I say it again--Awesome!

Dave

Nice picture!

Almost looks like it was positioned purposely against the background to look like Luke is holding it.

There was a thread recently which confirmed that the MPP saber was around for ROTJ--at least in some publicity photos.
I still stand by my statement that an MPP was used in the final duel. It might just have been this saber.

Looks like screws to me. You can even see where it's compressing the rubber.
IT ... IS ... NOT ... RUBBER ! :rolleyes

What you see is a crack in the plastic.

If it's not the actual dueling saber from ESB, it's made up to look like it.

All the ESB sabers with blades had the screws, including Lukes Graflex dueling version. It's a different screw then the SRS, but very close.

Also, all the marks or lack of paint on the shroud is from the other blade striking during the fight sequences.

I have pics somewhere, I could post if you guys wanted to see them.

If it's not the actual dueling saber from ESB, it's made up to look like it.

All the ESB sabers with blades had the screws, including Lukes Graflex dueling version. It's a different screw then the SRS, but very close.

Also, all the marks or lack of paint on the shroud is from the other blade striking during the fight sequences.

I have pics somewhere, I could post if you guys wanted to see them.

I would like to see the pics :)

Dan

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's no dueling saber. That's THE ESB/ROTJ Hero prop!!!!
THE saber seen in all those ESB (red background) and ROTJ (white background) publicity stills. It's also the saber Vader wears during the carbon freeze chamber scenes.
I'm amazed it's still around.

We NEED more pics of this!!

This is the best example of a Darth Vader lightsaber ever. Most likely this was one of the original ANH sabers converted for ESB and then used in ROTJ.
It doesn't get any better than this.

The thread discussing this exact saber's use in ROTJ:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=36797

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back